ADVERTISEMENT

Jervay Green enters portal

I'm excited for Nebraska possibly being competitive, but I kinda hate present day D1 basketball. Seems like there's no such thing as a players developing over several years. You play immediately or transfer, and even when you do play what you see is what you get. No learning and getting better, if you're not good enough the program moves on to someone else. We gotta do what everyone else does, I get it. But the transfer culture kinda sucks.

Unfortunately success at the JUCO level seems to have come easily to Green and he just didn’t develop into a Power 5 level player. He shows flashes of great talent and he did have a few solid games in conference play, but I doubt Hoiberg will be sorry to see him go.

Last edited:
3 Nebraska kids played in that same time period. Mike Preston and Mike Hahn were there as well.

For anyone who might be interested, Jeriah Horne will play next year at Colorado as a grad transfer. Didn't really see him getting back into a Power 5 conference, but good for him for graduating and finding an opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT