ADVERTISEMENT

Jeriah Horne transferring as well

This was not exactly new news, and not surprising.

Well well well...the Miles excuse train leaving the station quicker than I thought. Pretty sure most apologists have been claiming we couldn't stand any more attrition besides Fuller.

Watson is a pretty good defensive player with active hands and good footwork.

Jordy showed pretty strong improvement from the first couple of months to the last month.

After that, you're probably right. Not a very talented defensive team which hurts even more when you look at the low offensive numbers.

He had the potential to be a mini microwave off the bench but he showed great defensive liability and was never going to crack the starting lineup.

Fans shouldn't be thrilled by the transfer but also shouldn't feel devastated by it.
It wouldn't be a huge loss if we knew Miles would replace this scholarship with a shooter. But, we all know how that has turned out for him thus far.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Agreed. He was not good on defense. But not worse than any of the starters who played huge minutes.
So very true. Horne was a scape goat. Meanwhile, our perimeters got taken off the drive and gave up a lot of open threes. Some of that could be due to fatigue and getting worn down, but that's Miles' fault anyway for insisting on playing that ineffective, small three guard lineup about 25 minutes a game.

Pretty sad that a talented, KC player is leaving the program so quickly.

Last edited:
His defensive shortcomings weren't apparent when he was being recruited?

If anything, Horne was a pleasant surprise to most as a freshman, except for Miles and Molinari who apparently expected him to morph into some sort of great perimeter defender who understood defensive rotations as well as a fourth year senior.

So very true. Horne was a scape goat. Meanwhile, our perimeters got taken off the drive and gave up a lot of open threes. Some of that could be due to fatigue and getting worn down, but that's Miles' fault anyway for insisting on playing that ineffective, small three guard lineup about 25 minutes a game.

Pretty said that a talented, KC player is leaving the program so quickly.
Yeah the idea that Webster was some defensive stud can be put to bed. I would be curious to know the percentage of wide open 3's as a result of Webster getting blown by.

Well to be fair, they probably also knew that every year key players abandon the sinking Miles ship.
And Horne was one of the guys that might have stayed IF he had been canned. Do you want Roby, Jordy and Watson, or do you want Horne? When a true freshman leaves because of playing time, that tells me that maybe he has unrealistic expectations. Good luck to him

Watson is a pretty good defensive player with active hands and good footwork.

Jordy showed pretty strong improvement from the first couple of months to the last month.

After that, you're probably right. Not a very talented defensive team which hurts even more when you look at the low offensive numbers.

I have to respectfully completely disagree with the assessment of Watson. I thought he was terrible. He was always late, couldn't keep anyone in front of him, played of to the side, let people drive, extremely poor footwork was his downfall.

And Horne was one of the guys that might have stayed IF he had been canned. Do you want Roby, Jordy and Watson, or do you want Horne? When a true freshman leaves because of playing time, that tells me that maybe he has unrealistic expectations. Good luck to him
What if any of them leave?

A freshman may have been mediocre at defense? No way. We aren't in a position to lose genuinely talented young players and we just did. This sucks, no way around it.

Something tells me your tune would change if so.
IF IFs and buts were candy and nuts....Horne had a good game. What is lost in that is that usually so did the guys he guarded. I hate losing him, but if a true freshman transfers because of playing time what are you gonna do? Somehow I doubt he ends up at KU.

Can't afford to lose any more players. Miles needs to get a couple new assistants.
Since he lost Craig Smith it's all been downhill. Molinari is terrible, Hunter is there for recruiting and I'd say he's done a fine job. Billy Donovan's guy had promise it's too bad he bailed once he saw he was joining a sinking ship.

He had the potential to be a mini microwave off the bench but he showed great defensive liability and was never going to crack the starting lineup.

Fans shouldn't be thrilled by the transfer but also shouldn't feel devastated by it.

It amazes me how many players Miles brings in are labeled defensive liabilities so quickly.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
So....who's the outside shooting threat next year that will stretch an opposing teams defense?

I've said it before and I'll ask again. Why is it that other teams can get less athletic shooters on the floor and still figure out how to play a decent team defense, but Nebraska cant?

If this is the last shoe that drops I'll consider Miles lucky.

BTW, thanks to the kid for saving us from a 2nd embarrassing loss in a row in the non-con. Good luck to him.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Horne was a malcontent and a cancer, and the team will be far better off without him.

Unless he performs well for some other program in 2018-19. Then losing Horne unexpectedly is the reason the Huskers haven't been back to the tournament, and any fan who's not stupidly impatient should be able to figure that out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT