ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Jones is N

Too early in the recruiting season to take a kid with his offer list IMO. I get it he is 6'4 and fast... blah blah blah.

Look I have been following recruiting for a long time, 2003 to be exact. I am telling you one 5 Star QB does not mean you just take whoever whenever. If we are looking for a safety late in this recruiting cycle you can find someone with his offer list. Swing for the fences first and then if you miss, go after these guys.

No I am not saying this kid won't be good, all I am saying, is that when your competition is Louisville, Eastern Michigan and Murray State you can wait a bit... and should wait a bit

Too early in the recruiting season to take a kid with his offer list IMO. I get it he is 6'4 and fast... blah blah blah.

Look I have been following recruiting for a long time, 2003 to be exact. I am telling you one 5 Star QB does not mean you just take whoever whenever. If we are looking for a safety late in this recruiting cycle you can find someone with his offer list. Swing for the fences first and then if you miss, go after these guys.

No I am not saying this kid won't be good, all I am saying, is that when your competition is Louisville, Eastern Michigan and Murray State you can wait a bit... and should wait a bit
How do you know who they swung at . And you know more about recruiting than Matt Rhule? I think I will take Rhule on this one.

No, if you trust your evaluation, then you take him and wait for the offer list to grow while keeping him. Ill be surprised if he isnt a 4 star come December. If he focuses on 1 side of the ball he is an NFL player at TE or OLB.

No, if you trust your evaluation, then you take him and wait for the offer list to grow while keeping him. Ill be surprised if he isnt a 4 star come December. If he focuses on 1 side of the ball he is an NFL player at TE or OLB.
Can someone bookmark this?

I agree with you that we have a lot of low offer, 5.5 and 5.6 guys. But, the real big fish just don’t want to come to Nebraska. We are not a place guys just want to go when they have other options. We got great players in the 90s because we were college football badasses… now, we have fuggin sucked for years so why would they come here? We need to win to land players, there’s no other reason for guys to go to Nebraska
As for the pickup, Louisville has some decent players so he could be fine

How do you know who they swung at . And you know more about recruiting than Matt Rhule? I think I will take Rhule on this one.
No I don't, but I feel like he closing up spots too early right now.

I heard every single thing about recruiting

From "You better than our coach?" to "I'll leave it up to the professionals and you arm chair quarterbacks can talk all you want!"

How'd lazy recruiting turn out for Frost?

At the end of the day Infeel good about Rhule as a coach and a leader. I just am not happy with "some" of the recruits we are letting commit this early in the game. I know it is not popular opinion and maybe everyone they had on the board above him fell through. I am not going to sunshine pump a recruit that was like "I am committing to Nebraska, because they are the only legit offer I got."

Reactions: kakdawg
That is fair... I am just not liking how this recruiting cycle is playing out

He projects to linebacker at the next level. He has a tremendous frame and athleticism to build on. Rhule has repeatedly shown that he’s an excellent evaluator of raw physical talent.

He projects to linebacker at the next level. He has a tremendous frame and athleticism to build on. Rhule has repeatedly shown that he’s an excellent evaluator of raw physical talent.
I believe that coach Rhule is excellent at a lot of things, but I think he does need to change his "I know talent and can turn a track star into a golden WR mentality"... Sometimes you actually need to buy Coca Cola and leave the RC on the shelves. The Big Ten is full of talented players, this is not Temple

I believe that coach Rhule is excellent at a lot of things, but I think he does need to change his "I know talent and can turn a track star into a golden WR mentality"... Sometimes you actually need to buy Coca Cola and leave the RC on the shelves. The Big Ten is full of talented players, this is not Temple
This kid has put it on the field and isn’t just a track star. I listened to Charlie McBride say in a radio interview that he thought the number one thing talent wise we lacked when Rhule was hired was team speed. Rhule is doing his best to fix that. Tom and Charlie had to do the same thing back in the day.

Why do I keep getting visions of Robert Redford with a bushy beard fighting off Indians?
Close. Jeremiah Johnson ;)
jeremiah-johnson-swan-argue-yes-reaction-meme-epfhaef86btcdf3r.gif

Couldn't disagree more. Rhule showed me what he was all about by offering Jalen Lloyd immediately after taking the job and then getting him ready as a true freshman. All those coaches from around the Midwest sniffing around Omaha and no one thought he was worthy of a D1 scholarship. Rhule didn't hesitate.

We have seriously lacked athletes the last decade. Kind of reminds me of CTB or Barney. A really good athlete playing multiple positions. You have to be able to project these kids. I'm also a huge fan of super athletic high school qbs who move positions for college.

This kid wouldn't be available in December. We have been working on him since November. You think Rhule is recruiting a kid that hard if he thinks he is a low-level player?

There aren't scholarship limits and Rhule isn't undersigning. Those days are over. Rhule is going to carry a huge roster with a bunch of pure athletes with NFL measurables. He said it the day he was hired and backed it up since that day.

Last edited:
This kid has put it on the field and isn’t just a track star. I listened to Charlie McBride say in a radio interview that he thought the number one thing talent wise we lacked when Rhule was hired was team speed. Rhule is doing his best to fix that. Tom and Charlie had to do the same thing back in the day.
Yep when we’re getting kicked by Miami and FSU in the bowl games. They had a little better players but they had a hell of lot more speed .

6'6 and fast?

In two years he could way 250 and be a terror chasing down the QB.
The one article I read said he projects as WR or Rover so I wonder if he has a naturally slight frame and they don't think he can keep his speed and play TE or OLB. Either way, sounds like he's cool playing wherever he fits so that is a plus.

The one article I read said he projects as WR or Rover so I wonder if he has a naturally slight frame and they don't think he can keep his speed and play TE or OLB. Either way, sounds like he's cool playing wherever he fits so that is a plus.
Could be!

You can give a commitable offer, and move on later if you get a better player on your board. I'd be more worried if we weren't establishing a base that will flux depending on how many wins we can rack up this year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Haven’t we been saying this for almost 25 years? At some point you have to take flyers and hope one hits. We’re never competing with the big boys or top 15 or 20 schools. Occasionally a blind squirrel finds a but. If Beck went pro there’s no DR. We’re called mid 3* U for a reason. It’s us and Iowa/Minn and they’re just better right now and the past decade.

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
Haven’t we been saying this for almost 25 years? At some point you have to take flyers and hope one hits. We’re never competing with the big boys or top 15 or 20 schools. Occasionally a blind squirrel finds a but. If Beck went pro there’s no DR. We’re called mid 3* U for a reason. It’s us and Iowa/Minn and they’re just better right now and the past decade.
Sure thing Herky posing as a Husker.

I was in the stands and vividly remember an Iowa State team coached by Jim Walden that won two games run the wishbone against our slow 5-2 defense and control the ball all day in pulling the upset. At the end of that season T.O. sent Charlie McBride down to Miami, Fl. to learn everything about running the 4-3 with as much speed as we could put on the field at that time. The rest is history.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This kid wouldn't be available in December. We have been working on him since November. You think Rhule is recruiting a kid that hard if he thinks he is a low-level player?

There aren't scholarship limits and Rhule isn't undersigning. Those days are over. Rhule is going to carry a huge roster with a bunch of pure athletes with NFL measurables. He said it the day he was hired and backed it up since that day.
Bingo. This lazy mentality of "we can get a guy with this offer list later" was the chosen method of Pelini and Frost. Why not trust your evaluation instead of waiting around to see what other schools are going to do? And this always led to NU was scrambling through the leftovers in November and December while the wiser programs have mostly moved on to the junior class. We were always behind.

Last edited:
Bingo. This lazy mentality of "we can get a guy with this offer list later" was the chosen method of Pelini and Frost. Why not trust your evaluation instead of waiting around to see what other schools are going to do? And this always led to NU was scrambling through the leftovers in November and December while the wiser programs have mostly moved on to the junior class. We were always behind.
EXACTLY

If you wait to offer guys like this you’re never going to get them. There’s a good chance his offer list blows up this fall. Recruiting commentators have been very positive about his talent. We HAVE to trust Rhule’s staff’s evaluations

So refreshing to have a coach who actually puts in the time to evaluate and recruit kids and then have the confidence to be ahead in offering. Rather than chasing some star ranking for a kid who was never going to come here and be left offering some kid at the last minute who has red flags and other coaches backed out on.

When the SEC schools come knocking later on it's way easier to hold a commit than try to flip a kid from a school like Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT