ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Peter on current times

Double Nickels is not a BIG fan of VV. Would be better served with Stoltenberg playing this week instead.

Chris+Farley+awesome.jpg

I listened to it. He definitely is willing to call everyone out. He said near the end something that ran kind of along my same thoughts. You take the season up to the point after losing to Illinois, how can you expect to add any more wins. I've thought more about that, and removing emotion I have different opinion. Not being overly optimistic or pessimistic, and considering our probabilities for wins, its seems like we win 3 to 5 more games this year. That's the approach I'm taking into the game this week. Hopefully we've reached our low point.

I always go into game week with hope, no matter how dismal the chances. With that said I didn't have lofty expectations for year one, but the product on the field is very concerning.

Not being overly optimistic or pessimistic, and considering our probabilities for wins, its seems like we win 3 to 5 more games this year. That's the approach I'm taking into the game this week. Hopefully we've reached our low point.

Sir, are you sure you understand the meaning of optimistic?

I listened to it. He definitely is willing to call everyone out. He said near the end something that ran kind of along my same thoughts. You take the season up to the point after losing to Illinois, how can you expect to add any more wins. I've thought more about that, and removing emotion I have different opinion. Not being overly optimistic or pessimistic, and considering our probabilities for wins, its seems like we win 3 to 5 more games this year. That's the approach I'm taking into the game this week. Hopefully we've reached our low point.

I usually have a pretty subjective outlook when predicting the schedule, but after the start this year my pessimism is clouding my judgement. I dont see us going better than 5-7. What games do you think are potential wins for us?

I usually have a pretty subjective outlook when predicting the schedule, but after the start this year my pessimism is clouding my judgement. I dont see us going better than 5-7. What games do you think are potential wins for us?
I'd say 4-8 or 5-7. It must be because of that system virus and not coaching.

Reactions: SDhusker12
I agree with Peter on the fact that Kascinski needs to shut the hell up, but I'm not sure he's the reason the team is "running into each other" when they're running onto the field.

I also totally agree with his comment about Gregory getting worse when the coaches got done with him.

Sir, are you sure you understand the meaning of optimistic?

If you were to ask me if I think NU will win, my answer is usually "yes". I was pretty down, as were most, after the Illini loss and let my emotions get the best of me. I think I can spot optimism.

So to remove my subjectivity and my fluctuating negativity/positivity, I'm looking at the rest of the season on a purely statistical basis. ESPN's FPI has us favored in every game with the exception of Wiscy and MSU at this point. ESPN projects us around a 6 - 6 record. Looking at the rest of our season based on probabilities, I ballparked the 3 to 5 wins. Ballparked, a person could calculate the probability of winning 0, 1, 2, ...6, and 7 games, but it would be rigorous and serve no real purpose. I have no idea what games we win or lose. As the season progresses the statistically based calculations will change. To maintain my sanity, I can't go forward thinking that we have lost every remaining game before it's been played.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDhusker12
He could never play for Riley because if you don't practice hard enough he's gonna deal the punishment and then Riley would call him out in the press for being a meanie.

We'llhave a better idea how the season will play out after Wisconsin. If we win then the other teams on the schedule will probably play out the same. If we lose..well you can figure it out.

No doubt tomorrow is going to be a big game. It's a tipping point.

I feel confident we are going to steamroll Wisconsin.

If we do not, and lose at home, the wheels are going to come off.

Agreed, it's a tipping point. About to become a toppling over point.
We usually agree on a lot but I think you are off here. We simply have more talent. When you add in that their offense is putrid, I have a hard time believing they can score.

Agreed, it's a tipping point. About to become a toppling over point.

Why be so damn sour? We knew this was going to be tough. Injuries have decimated us yet we still are fighting. I'm proud of the kids that wear the red.

wish him and his bro would give the d-line some pointers, I'd like to see jason replace adrian on big red wrap up. or a combination of several past players.

We usually agree on a lot but I think you are off here. We simply have more talent. When you add in that their offense is putrid, I have a hard time believing they can score.
we had more talent than Illinois as well.

If you were to ask me if I think NU will win, my answer is usually "yes". I was pretty down, as were most, after the Illini loss and let my emotions get the best of me. I think I can spot optimism.

So to remove my subjectivity and my fluctuating negativity/positivity, I'm looking at the rest of the season on a purely statistical basis. ESPN's FPI has us favored in every game with the exception of Wiscy and MSU at this point. ESPN projects us around a 6 - 6 record. Looking at the rest of our season based on probabilities, I ballparked the 3 to 5 wins. Ballparked, a person could calculate the probability of winning 0, 1, 2, ...6, and 7 games, but it would be rigorous and serve no real purpose. I have no idea what games we win or lose. As the season progresses the statistically based calculations will change. To maintain my sanity, I can't go forward thinking that we have lost every remaining game before it's been played.
Yes, but that FPI is perhaps the dumbest thing ever shoved down the throat of cfb fans

With the turmoil in the team, paper thin on defense because of injuries, new systems, etc. I've downgraded from 5-7 to 4-8 (and that's optimistic for me). This is not a good team, and outside of Rutgers which is an away game - we could easily lose to any and all other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT