ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Bubak is a Sun Devil commit

I'm definitely excited for Stoll, man. He's gonna be great. Sorry I saw 4 offers and thought I'd write multiple, next time I'll just write 4... One thing I almost forgot about with all this TE talk is about Matt Snyder coming in too. Can't wait to see this position back in full force at NU.
Thanks for hitting a real purpose; the excitement for who we have and how they will be coached and used tremendously vs our underproduction. I don't mind saying the decommit could be about a) the competition and talent for the spots ( lol ASU :) b) he wants to be more of a wideout and not the gritty part of being a TE ( needed for NFL ). c) but concede: at a small religious school, leaving town for reasons stated by others as individual growth, ring true.

Say there were 20 new coaching hires in the last 2 years at P5 schools (maybe that's low, IDK) I wonder how many didn't have a contract somewhere? I'm betting, all of them had a contract somewhere. Every, last, one. If schools could only go after coaches who weren't under contract, how would that work? Fact is, it wouldn't work. You don't have a solution to this issue, because there isn't one. Coaches leave, every school that hires a new coach knows they could lose them at any time. Sucks for the school being dumped, but it's a fact of life.

Compare Riley's exit with Graham's. Tell me which one was more professional. There is a big difference in the exits from their last positions.

Just my opinion on the matter. It means nothing to anyone but me.

Compare Riley's exit with Graham's. Tell me which one was more professional. There is a big difference in the exits from their last positions.

Just my opinion on the matter. It means nothing to anyone but me.
True...but they both broke their word/bond/contract, right?

Yes they did. I'm sorry you can't see the difference in how a man with integrity handled it, and one that didn't.

Hell i would probably have ran away from old Steve Pederson the same way

Yes they did. I'm sorry you can't see the difference in how a man with integrity handled it, and one that didn't.

Hell i would probably have ran away from old Steve Pederson the same way

I see the difference in how they handled it...I don't see the difference in what they did. Broke their word/bond/contract

You used the divorce example before. So, let us use that again.

Guy 1: Bangs a random girl after a night out drinks and gets a divorce

Guy 2: Bangs the girl he had been in love with for 20 years but the timing was "never right", gets a divorce. Apologizes over and over that he never meant to hurt his wife and gets a divorce.

I mean, one handled it better I guess but does it really matter?

Again, under your theory, Riley should not be here right now.

And, you don't have to be sorry that I don't see it your way. I see it as black and white. I actually do work under a contract, in fact one time I accepted a new position and my employer refused to let me out of my contract, for me to get out of it there were a few hoops I had to jump through and there was a chance that I might not make it through all of them so I had to honor that contract. In doing so, when I was offered a new one at the same place I did not sign it and turned in my resignation with nothing else lined up at that time.

It sucked, it cost me money and experience.

You certainly have experienced it in a way that i have not which certainly shapes your opinion. Maybe it isn't fair of me to judge the way i do. I do think the microcosm of sports shows what is wrong in our society. That contracts mean nothing, my word is good as long as i want it to be.

These contract issues get played out in public where I'm sure yours was much more private.

Always 2 ways to see an issue. I respect your opinion. Don't think it changes mine much, but doesn't mean your points were not valid, well thought out, and without merit.

I look forward to rooting on the huskers and maybe some day we will say man we really missed a good one in Bubak

ADVERTISEMENT