ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hurts - 5yrs, $255M, $179M Guaranteed

Good... as a Giants fan just means they wont be able to pay too many studs around him... but good for him

Reactions: ridge22
Tree Spying GIF by Biznek
Joe Burrow

Fiddy one mil per year??? Yikes. That is some serious cabbage. Not saying he isn't worth that, I just don't know how you surround him with playmakers of the FA variety with that. Pretty much have to hit on about 3/4 draft picks for the next few years I guess.

Fiddy one mil per year??? Yikes. That is some serious cabbage. Not saying he isn't worth that, I just don't know how you surround him with playmakers of the FA variety with that. Pretty much have to hit on about 3/4 draft picks for the next few years I guess.
it's a lot, but the cap is set to explode again shortly

Eagles have been one of the best drafting orgs for awhile, especially at the skill positions

Ha… means he won’t ever win anything ever. He isn’t close to worth that amount. And the QBs that demand to get paid don’t give a shit about winning they are all me me me.
Ask Dak. All these teams do after the QB signs the huge deal is cut good players because they need to get under the cap and the good players make the most.
I mean, good for him, but damn what is Burrow and Herbert going to bring?

Ha… means he won’t ever win anything ever. He isn’t close to worth that amount. And the QBs that demand to get paid don’t give a shit about winning they are all me me me.
Ask Dak. All these teams do after the QB signs the huge deal is cut good players because they need to get under the cap and the good players make the most.
I mean, good for him, but damn what is Burrow and Herbert going to bring?

He is the best QB in the NFC coming off a SB appearance....I have also seen enough if his interviews and comments to think he's a pretty smart guy who does care about winning. Not sure who you are talking about...doesn't sound like Hurts though.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
He is the best QB in the NFC coming off a SB appearance....I have alao seen enough if his interviews and comments to think he's a pretty smart guy who does care about winning. Not sure who you are talking about...doesn't sound like Hurts tbough.
It does seem like whenever a QB gets paid insane money, their play goes to shit.

Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers, Kyler Murray

He is the best QB in the NFC coming off a SB appearance....I have alao seen enough if his interviews and comments to think he's a pretty smart guy who does care about winning. Not sure who you are talking about...doesn't sound like Hurts tbough.
Everyone wants to win but when you sign 1 player to this type of contract it hurts the ability to keep others on your team to continue that.

It does seem like whenever a QB gets paid insane money, their play goes to shit.

Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers, Kyler Murray

The only QB on that list who was worth the cabbage is Rogers...Hurtz is better than all the rest, by a mile...and Rogers has won a couple.MVP's laat few years and while he fell short in the playoffs...the Pack would do it all over...so its hard to call signing him a mistake.

Everyone wants to win but when you sign 1 player to this type of contract it hurts the ability to keep others on your team to continue that.

Every time a QB sets a new market.... People say the exact same thing, and while there is some truth in it....The Eagles have drafted as well as anybody in the league the last few years so if they keep that up they'll be just fine.

The only QB on that list who was worth the cabbage is Rogers...Hurtz is better than all the rest, by a mile...and Rogers has won a couple.MVP's laat few years and while he fell short in the playoffs...the Pack would do it all over...so its hard to call signing him a mistake.
I agree.

I'm just saying that it seems to happen quite often that once a QB signs a huge deal, their play goes to crap.

I agree.

I'm just saying that it seems to happen quite often that once a QB signs a huge deal, their play goes to crap.

You are 100% correct, but in the examples you listed, nobody thought any of them were worth it to begin with...sans Rogers...contrast that to Hurtz... most people agree he is. Guarantee you the rival GM's were thrilled with Cousins and Murray and Dak's, etc etc contracts.....those same NFL GM's actually fear Hurtz....while they are still lol'ing at the examples you listed.

Howie Roseman is the best GM in the NFL. He knows what he's doing and will work his financial wizardry to keep the Birds on top. Jalen Hurts is incredibly mature, has an incredible work ethic, and is only going to get better. Nobody has a better demeanor. HURTS SZN

Howie Roseman is the best GM in the NFL. He knows what he's doing and will work his financial wizardry to keep the Birds on top. Jalen Hurts is incredibly mature, has an incredible work ethic, and is only going to get better. Nobody has a better demeanor. HURTS SZN
first no-trade clause in Eagles history

that is crazy. would be tough to argue your point about Roseman being the class of NFL GMs.

Reactions: otismotis08
You are 100% correct, but in the examples you listed, nobody thought any of them were worth it to begin with...sans Rogers...contrast that to Hurtz... most people agree he is. Guarantee you the rival GM's were thrilled with Cousins and Murray and Dak's, etc etc contracts.....those same NFL GM's actually fear Hurtz....while they are still lol'ing at the examples you listed.
Wasn't Flacco pretty big stuff at the time of his big contract coming off a super bowl win? Same with Russell Wilson, I think.

Having hindsight now, yes, those 2 were definitely not worth it, but at the time it made at least some sense.

Definitely with you on Cousins, Murray & Dak. They hadn't proved anything yet so theirs made zero sense.

His cap numbers for 2027 and 2028 are going to be like $75 mil.

I would bet the farm that he gets released before the 2028 season. Or, a restructured contract. Nice deal for him though. He’s not really even a top 8 QB in the league.
Put him on another team and would you see him playing at the same level? Nope. He got the perfect fit.

Burrow and Herbert approve

His cap numbers for 2027 and 2028 are going to be like $75 mil.

I would bet the farm that he gets released before the 2028 season. Or, a restructured contract. Nice deal for him though. He’s not really even a top 8 QB in the league.
Put him on another team and would you see him playing at the same level? Nope. He got the perfect fit.

Burrow and Herbert approve

He is the best QB in the NFC going forward IMO....and I think he is a top 8 QB but regardless...he got paid what he did because of the timing. Nobody thinks he's the best...but top 7 or 8 for sure.

He is the best QB in the NFC going forward IMO....and I think he is a top 8 QB but regardless...he got paid what he did because of the timing. Nobody thinks he's the best...but top 7 or 8 for sure.
Well, where he ranks is debatable, but the results are there. That’s all that really matters I suppose. Just amazing though to see how low the cap numbers are though for the first 3 years.
I am not a huge NFL honk anyway, I watch it all because it’s football… I save my fanaticsm for the Huskers

He has a ton of talent on that team, that's why he's doing well. I don't know if he's worth that contract, in fact I doubt it, but it may be worth it to the Eagles if they feel the next 2-3 years is their title window.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
in a league where your career could end on any play - I look at guaranteed money which slots him around 50 million less than Watson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT