ADVERTISEMENT

Jaiden Woodbey

Don't see us getting him tonight but there's more than enough time to get him to flip.

Literally the only commitments I take seriously this time of year (yes, including ours) are legacy commits, home state commits, and QB commits. Other than that, as far committing this time of year is pretty pointless. We'll either move on from this kid, or have Donte in his ear for a full year.

Literally the only commitments I take seriously this time of year (yes, including ours) are legacy commits, home state commits, and QB commits. Other than that, as far committing this time of year is pretty pointless. We'll either move on from this kid, or have Donte in his ear for a full year.
This. Not pointless. It does mean we are in on a kid if he commits this early. But your basic point is spot on

If he chooses NU he will be welcomed my me with open arms.

If he chooses another school he will wished all the best in all his pursuits in school and athletics.

Reactions: donahues17
This would be a great get. St Bosco is one of the elite schools in Calif. They beat Matre Dei in the state championship and Matre Dei pounded everyone they played all year.
Bosco gave Bishop Gorman a good game too. He is used to playing against the best teams in the nation. Come on Jaiden, shock the world.

If by shocking the world he is referring to his commitment to NU, then I look forward to the day that a commitment to NU isn't shocking.

Reactions: N-sane
Shocking the world doesn't involve picking the school everyone thinks you will. Hopefully that's not the case here, would be a great recruit.

Color me not impressed by the choices of clips to make up his highlight video.

At the 0:30 mark, he intercepts a pass and returns it from the 2 yard line up to the 10 yard line, where he decides to go backwards across the field before making it back to the 10 before getting tackled at the 9.

0:53 he has a good hit on a receiver and stands over the guy on the ground like a Billy Badass.

1:33 he picks up a fumble and returns it about 10 yards before the defender goes to ummm, I don't know what happens next because it jumps to the next clip before it shows what happened...

1:58 there is a 5 second clip of him covering a receiver before the QB takes off running... then it goes to the next clip. Was it showing how close he covered his guy maybe?!?

2:11 he returns a kick to the left side and when he cuts back, it goes to the next clip so you don't see whether he did anything spectacular...

3:30 he runs to cover a deep pass but doesn't put his arms out to try to catch it or knock it down. He just runs right in front of the receiver as the receiver misses the ball.

3:36 he starts from the 15 yard line crossing the field to tackle a guy. He gets up to the 20 before going back to the 15 again to make a nice tackle. Bad angle and had to adjust?

3:58 he runs up and grabs the ball off the ground when a receiver drops it (incomplete pass?). He then runs while no one chases him before it goes to the next clip.

4:45 he goes to intercept a pass, but it skips off his hands (maybe after the receivers hands?). Not sure why this clip was included...

4:50 it looks like he is wearing a diaper and comes forward to hit a receiver that has the pass skip off his hands just before Woodbey gets there.

5:12 he is the 3rd guy to the ball and helps push the pile back. Maybe his hit pushed the pile back?

5:24 he covered his guy very well, but the QB took of running while he keeps chasing the receiver down the field, further away from the ball...

5:36 he runs back to help cover when the receiver isn't passed to. Not sure what he did besides run back to help.

At the end it says he is a D1 state champion though, so he does have that going for him.

I am not saying the kid is bad. I am saying the choice of clips isn't the best. Not sure if one of the high school kids edits the videos or if it is just that hard to find highlights for a safety...

He is really good. We will see if he shuts it down or not, Ohio State just signed 6 DB's so we will see.

Hopefully this turns out like Tyjon. Gotta start winning these battles if we want to turn the corner. Guys like Blades and Lindsey are a start. Gotta win more.

Reactions: Morgan747
Jaiden's Bucket List

Fly kite ✔
Ride bike ✔
Ride in car ✔
Get braces removed ✔
Shock World ✔
Post on Twitter - World shocked ✔
Post on Facebook - World shocked ✔
Spring dance
Double flip off diving board

Kid, you're not that important. If you want to shock the world, cure cancer. Choosing a place to play football for some high school kid that no one knows doesn't shock anyone. It's barely a blip on the radar.

Guess what people know him...maybe not you but he is one of the top 35 players in the nation...do you know how many high school prospects there are in the country?

Hopefully this turns out like Tyjon. Gotta start winning these battles if we want to turn the corner. Guys like Blades and Lindsey are a start. Gotta win more.
Maybe so but Buckeyes are top 2 class and that isn't changing much anytime soon...1 flip happens to everyone occasionally.

I'm sure this will be a year long recruitment battle between now and signing day, especially when your dealing with a long distance commitment.

So does anyone actually shock the world?

I'm assuming a world that has gone through a couple world wars and numerous pandemics isn't as easily 'moved' by finding out where a kid is going to play football. But apparently those items take a back seat to football to superpup.

I think we are going to have to put together a top 10-15 year to really start winning recruiting battles and turning the corner. Have to show these kids we can win in order to consistently lure them away from top programs. It helps to have great recruiters on staff to get us a few but no doubt that we aren't going to consistently beat OSU/USC/Bama for kids unless we start winning more. It's a bit of a catch 22 but it's reality.

I think we are going to have to put together a top 10-15 year to really start winning recruiting battles and turning the corner. Have to show these kids we can win in order to consistently lure them away from top programs. It helps to have great recruiters on staff to get us a few but no doubt that we aren't going to consistently beat OSU/USC/Bama for kids unless we start winning more. It's a bit of a catch 22 but it's reality.
I agree. It's almost like the chicken or the egg type of situation with Nebraska. What comes first? Do we need to win to get recruits here or vise versa? I think it is going to be a stair step type of situation here.

Nebraska is able to get some potentially great or highly rated players. The issue is getting classes filled with those types of players.

Showing progress is key as well as getting the style of offense Riley wants to play at Nebraska on tape, so they can show it as proof and not hearsay, is the next step. Being successful in that offense is coup de grace.

Reactions: dockentwo
Why doesn't this board have a time machine so we can speed up getting there? Geez

Reactions: HuskerO
I'm assuming a world that has gone through a couple world wars and numerous pandemics isn't as easily 'moved' by finding out where a kid is going to play football. But apparently those items take a back seat to football to superpup.

You're so jaded! I feel really surprised every time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT