ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson Carpenter is N

Lemming has him higher.
I have seen him in person v Millard West, catches everything. His highlights show excellent hands. Reminds me of Westerkamp, just catches everything. Similar build and speed to Westy too. Not as prolific as Westerkmp through his Junior year but he did score 7 tds on 28 catches last yr

I have seen him in person v Millard West, catches everything. His highlights show excellent hands. Reminds me of Westerkamp, just catches everything. Similar build and speed to Westy too. Not as prolific as Westerkmp through his Junior year but he did score 7 tds on 28 catches last yr
Hah yes Westerkamp had 12 catches, 5 for TDs, for 353 yards in just his final HS game and he’d pretty much been that way his whole HS career. Means nothing to or about this recruit though, who I like.

Not from out of state either.
Manatee GIF - Manatee GIFs

(Before HBK accuses me of slacking on the gifs.)

If his track and 40 times are accurate Westerkamp isn't close in those numbers.

Westy was a great route runner though and like you said caught anything he could get his hands on.

I don't know anything about Carpenter so I couldn't complain if I wanted to. The coaches taking him this early in the process means they had to be pretty high on him I guess.

Holla

On3 and 247 seem to like him better than Rivals. Really only trust 247 rankings anymore and where they rank him is still P5 recruit area. Not that, that matters much.

I also wonder if Rule lands more highly ranked kids if guys like Vermaas and Booth can be switched to walk-ons with nice NIL deals to basically make it a wash on scholarship.

Matt is getting too wrapped up in this legacy recruit bullshit. This dude is a D-2 prospect. Gonna bite Matt in the ass at some point. Better be a walk-on. However, to some posters, he will be the next Heisman winner. Matt needs to relax with the Nebraska boys.

Did they say he would start out on offense or is he an athlete that would excel at safety?

Matt is getting too wrapped up in this legacy recruit bullshit. This dude is a D-2 prospect. Gonna bite Matt in the ass at some point. Better be a walk-on. However, to some posters, he will be the next Heisman winner. Matt needs to relax with the Nebraska boys.
Right. That's the only reason he was offered. Not the size, speed, 39 inch vert and GPA. I seem to remember the late night whining from Chucky last year. Then we finish 16th in recruiting. Take a lap Chuck the Cuck. 😒

Last edited:
So let’s slow play him so Iowa or Wisconsin can get in the back door..,, yeah that’s worked out well for us. My comps for him are the Giffords.
His dad was arguably the best blocking tight end that I have ever watched playing for the Huskers while attaining three national championship rings. Passes weren't thrown his way because being part of the pipeline they didn't have to put it in the air.

Kansas was after him hard . Take a lap

Rhule has been perfectly clear what his formula is. He is taking athletes. Even if they don't fit a perfect position. 6'2" 200 LB kid who runs around a 4.5 40 with a nearly 40" vertical. Yeah, sounds like a Rhule recruit. Lives 15 minutes from the stadium and dad played TE during the title runs. Even better.

Measurables mean he could be a WE, TE, safety, or OLB. Sign me up.

Rhule has been perfectly clear what his formula is. He is taking athletes. Even if they don't fit a perfect position. 6'2" 200 LB kid who runs around a 4.5 40 with a nearly 40" vertical. Yeah, sounds like a Rhule recruit. Lives 15 minutes from the stadium and dad played TE during the title runs. Even better.

Measurables mean he could be a WE, TE, safety, or OLB. Sign me up.
You build the guts of your class with kids like this. It would be ludicrous to slow play him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT