ADVERTISEMENT

IU Basketball Fan Here...

Jan 15, 2018
It looks like my Hoosiers will be matched up with your Huskers on Wednesday night in the Big Ten Tournament. Conveniently, that gives me an opportunity to ask about the comparison I've made between our basketball program and your football program.

Growing up, I remember how revered Nebraska Football was. They were the blue blood program in America, and national championships were the ultimate goal. Additionally, I'm sure Nebraska Football is extremely important to native Nebraskans. Unfortunately, your program fell from grace and has been stuck in neutral since Frank Solich was fired.

I feel the same way about Hoosier basketball. The game of basketball itself is what those of us native Hoosiers truly love. That's what makes IU having been largely irrelevant for the past 20 years so frustrating.

Those of us over on the IU board are fed up.

Let me know if any of you relate!

It looks like my Hoosiers will be matched up with your Huskers on Wednesday night in the Big Ten Tournament. Conveniently, that gives me an opportunity to ask about the comparison I've made between our basketball program and your football program.

Growing up, I remember how revered Nebraska Football was. They were the blue blood program in America, and national championships were the ultimate goal. Additionally, I'm sure Nebraska Football is extremely important to native Nebraskans. Unfortunately, your program fell from grace and has been stuck in neutral since Frank Solich was fired.

I feel the same way about Hoosier basketball. The game of basketball itself is what those of us native Hoosiers truly love. That's what makes IU having been largely irrelevant for the past 20 years so frustrating.

We can relate. At least you have the talent in your state to stockpile your program we don’t.

Reactions: newAD
Hopefully you realize that next year Nebraska will easily make the Sweet 16 and people around the world will be thinking Nebraska is a power in basketball.

We can relate. At least you have the talent in your state to stockpile your program we don’t.
That's rough. The relation between shifting population demographics and college football recruiting is a whole different conversation. If it's any consolation, I always pull for Nebraska football so long as they aren't playing my Hoosiers!

Reactions: ssmill777

It is a very good comparison. Hope we both get our respective programs back on top soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT