ADVERTISEMENT

It's very possible to not like Riley and happy Bo is gone

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
It seems many people here believe if someone doesn't like the MR hire that we were supporting Bo. Two separate issues.
1-Bo had to be fired. He was a total a$$ hat.
2-Riley was a bad hire.

Just because I believe Bo should of been fired does not put a person in favor of the Riley hire.
Be careful of characterizing a get rid of Riley that person is a Bo supporter.

Can't wait to see Riley (& SE) go, also was glad to see Bo go. Both are separate issues.

I have tried very hard to support the new staff and take into account the situation that they have been put in (poor depth, injuries, new system, some bad luck). But this loss is inexcusable. The second team of Nebraska should beat Purdue.

This was a lack of coaching. The play calling was terrible. Run the ball. The punt and kick coverage was awful (again). The defense played with a lack of passion.

Bad form all around. Disappointing to say the least.

Reactions: newAD
Amen
Preaching to the choir, Brother!

Eichorst had 'a year' to hire the next Head Coach at Nebraska after the Bo Pelini 'fire me' rant.
A year.
Let that soak into your brain for a minute....
Huskers ended up with Mike Riley.
Eichorst must go, yesterday!

It seems many people here believe if someone doesn't like the MR hire that we were supporting Bo. Two separate issues.
2-Riley was a bad hire.

Just because I believe Bo should of been fired does not put a person in favor of the Riley hire.

Can't wait to see Riley (& SE) go, also was glad to see Bo go. Both are separate issues.

From what I've seen there seems to be two groups in full attack mode on Riley.
1. Bo guys.
2. Frost or other future hire guys.

The Bo guy's are easy to spot. They attack using the same argument that sunk Bo. Plus they attack the University as a whole. The second group is a little harder to nail down. They just can't believe their guy was passed over for an old Oregon State coach. Plus they see this as a huge cash cow for their guy. I wouldn't be surprised if you had some firm behind some of these posters bashing on Riley. Looking to forward their guys name when the time comes. Talking points by the same group of posters kind of gives that away IMO.

Yep, I'm a part of a search firm trying to get my guy hired, you got me... Laughing

My search firm is also the reason Tommy is throwing games, Bo's cult lives on and why the players have no heart.

Oh wait, all of the above is what you've said to excuse this disaster of a season. RollingLaugh

JBB - Just Blame Bo

Reactions: Gimmered
1. Bo guys.

The Bo guy's are easy to spot. They attack using the same argument that sunk Bo. Plus they attack the University as a whole. The second group is a little harder to nail down. They just can't believe their guy was passed over for an old Oregon State coach. Plus they see this as a huge cash cow for their guy. I wouldn't be surprised if you had some firm behind some of these posters bashing on Riley. Looking to forward their guys name when the time comes. Talking points by the same group of posters kind of gives that away IMO.

I love conspiracy theories, usually they are interesting to me. Though there may be those with outside interests or that favor the previous regime, it hasn't been enjoyable trying to have discussions concerning Husker football for about 11 months. UNLESS, you drank copious amounts of Kool-aid and were "all N" with the Riley hire.

3. The backlash crowd and the WTF on the coaching hire guys. You can only call people idiots so many times, expect an avalanche of backlash when results don't live up to the billing.

Reactions: Gimmered
I will be very upfront. I am beginning to lean toward hiring someone with strong Nebraska ties as our AD. (My voice means absolutely nothing) The reason I want someone with Nebraska ties is they understand our culture. Granted hiring someone with Nebraska ties doesn't guarantee success ( ie Steve P) but it would give me more peace.

As far as a coach I want a coach with proven HC experience with a track record of winning seasons, good recruiting success, has quality assistants, and will not be a black stain upon the state. Nebraska ties are not important to me as the Husker coaching tree is not deep.

2-Riley was a bad hire.

I agree with this 100% and it annoys me to no end. This issue is becoming more prevalent in the national media too (i.e., during game broadcasts/halftime shows, ESPN/SI/BTN articles). The focus is so much on Pelini and the "9-win" narrative, like "I can't believe you fired this guy for this". The problem was not in the firing, but the hiring.

I have, and will continue to keep, an open mind on the Riley hire, but with each passing week my mind is becoming more and more closed. I understand that he will not be fired this year and am willing to give him 1 full recruiting cycle to get more of his own players and (hopefully) get some of our current players healthy. But the bottom line is he can't afford another year even half as bad as this one.

1. Bo guys.

MR is just a bad hire. He is clearly over his head. He is coaching the only way he knows how and it isn't working.

Reactions: hephusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT