ADVERTISEMENT

Its time

MoFracky

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Omaha
The last time we were truly relevant on the national scene was after Taylor Martinez eviscerated KSU on a Thursday night in Manhattan. Every big red faithful stuck their chest out that Friday morning after a night dreaming of a return to glory. All the makings were there. We don't need to totally relive what happened next, but 10/16/10 ended with a pronounced "thud" heard round husker nation. I had never been so excited, amped, pumped, turnt, for any game I can remember. This was friggin redemption! That game hurt....bad. Emotionally I've not been the same husker fan since.

So, here we are now. No top 10 ranking. No national stars. No reasonable dreams of a title this season. At least not yet. A loss is not a big deal, really. All our goals are intact no matter the outcome tomorrow. A win, though, and all of a sudden we are ranked. We are confident. We are dangerous. We are NEBRASKA. A sleeping giant awakens at a time most don't really notice. Tomorrow fits the bill perfectly. Most of you, like me, are likely somewhat gun shy to really invest in this game emotionally, and I get that. My advice is to let go, and dive into this one head first, especially if you are going to the game. Make those ducks and that DII QB feel you! I smell a win, and...who knows? Maybe it will also be the first real step back to relevance on the big scene, and a kick to the butt of that sleeping giant. #GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News