ADVERTISEMENT

It's not really X's and O's..

quartercenturyfan

Recruiting Coordinator
Jan 20, 2010
I'm not going to pretend there weren't at leas 2 or 3 offensive play calls that weren't good (QB sneak on 3rd and 2?) And there are some real questions on what Banker is doing with this defense.

However, its becoming more and more clear to me after watching Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and one game of Riley, that it has everything, and I mean EVERYTHING to do with having better players. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. That is it. You need NFL talent and that is the end of it. I love the guys we have on this team, but I really question if there is a single NFL player on this defense right now besides Collins.

You can constantly rip the DC, or just notice that guys aren't where they need to be defending the pass because they simply are not fast enough/skilled enough. They want to be in the right spot, but this isn't going to be a championship level team until it has NFL talent. You've got Kalu doing a nice job back there, but that isn't nearly enough.

Edit: I'll even add to this the complaints of not batting the ball down at the end. That isn't 100% about just knowing what to do. In live action, it has to do with having the athleticism to get where you need to be, have the awareness to look for the ball, and be better at going up for it than the receiver is.

I don't entirely like what Banker had set up on that play, or the game for that matter, but we are also hurting for championship talent (NFL talent) badly. Same goes for offense. No one on that offensive line is getting an NFL sniff. That should really say something right there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.