ADVERTISEMENT

It is amazing how irrelevant Big 12 and ACC games are

Nebraska Power

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Now that it is the power 2.

I am sure I am missing a game or two. But when was the last must see game between an ACC or Big 12 team. Outside of CU, and that has more to do with off field factors. And Iowa State is undefeated and probably looking at a top 10 ranking, and no one takes them seriously. When the top level of those conferences play a top level BIG or SEC team it is treated like a mid level BIG or SEC team playing.

Money, NIL and the portal is just going to keep making this divide even bigger. And remember the people on here saying we should have stayed in the Big 12? Yes, me too. And how it would be easier to get in the playoffs. I am wrong a lot. But I was right on that. No way the BIG or SEC was going to let a 9-3 or certainly a 10-2 Nebraska, Michigan State, Ole Miss or Florida not make the playoffs for a 11-1 Iowa State that didn’t win their conference.

And I always feel I need to make this disclaimer. I would love to go back to the Big 8, SWC and a real PAC 10. But until someone flux capacitor to take us back it isn’t happening.

Just glad we have a seat at the BIG Boy table. Make fun of TO for not wanting beer in Memorial Stadium. Or being against gambling. Or meddling or what ever. Without him, not only do we not enjoy the 80’s and 90’s. We are sitting at the little kid’s table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.