ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Official. Schreiber Is Second Team All Big Ten.

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
...at first base. And Wilkening is second team at catcher.

On one hand, I understand it. If one conference has two Heisman candidate quarterbacks, they can’t both be on the first team. But a lot more baseball players than football players play multiple positions. Both these guys did this year. And Schreiber had a year that was head and shoulders above any of the first team outfielders or the DH.

I don’t know the ins and outs of the process but I know this: If Nebraska had the option to submit Schreiber for consideration as an outfielder and instead picked first base matching him up with Bren Spillane then...I have no words.

Also, Gunner Hellstrom and Jaxon Hallmark made the all-freshman team and Mojo Hagge was a sportsmanship award honoree (apparently one per school). There were a total of four relief pitchers on the first, second and third teams. Jake Hohensee was not one of them.

I guess no benefits of the doubt are given when you finish tenth.

Reactions: saluno22
Those who vote for the all conference teams are lazy and barely watch baseball. They essentially look at the top hitters for the top teams and go from there. If you saw how many categories Schreiber led in or was top 6 he is a shoe in. All three players got jobbed and this conference is a big joke.

Reactions: sklarbodds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT