ADVERTISEMENT

Is Frosts NU ball cap foreshadowing our hidden alternate jersey helmet?

bg red planet

Jun 8, 2010
Just a thought. 1968/69 season throwback uniforms
1969.jpg
minus the 100 sticker
love the classic shoulder stripes

Reactions: scarletred
Doesn't sound like it is going to be an alt in the sense we are use to. More so just a 3rd color jersey. All else stays the same. Going to assume black or gray.

Reactions: saluno22
Isn't that funny how the style of our uniforms was all just borne out of practicality? First it was the U being dropped because they ran out of U stickers (and apparently, even into the early 70's some dudes still had the NU helmet instead of the N helmet), and the Blackshirts were because that was the only color of shirt they had enough of at a sports store when they wanted to start separating the defensive starters out.

Isn't that funny how the style of our uniforms was all just borne out of practicality? First it was the U being dropped because they ran out of U stickers (and apparently, even into the early 70's some dudes still had the NU helmet instead of the N helmet), and the Blackshirts were because that was the only color of shirt they had enough of at a sports store when they wanted to start separating the defensive starters out.

I can also add for some odd reason the last year of the Bill Jennings era Nebraska went from a red helmet with a white strip and white numbers to a white helmet with no strip and black numbers...

Too this day will never know if Devaney would have kept the red helmets a year earlier..

Totally love it, but I'm going to go with the Osborne Era unis. 1995 was about as perfect as one can get. I hear that 71 was pretty magical. You guys were lucky to witness it. I was just too young and hadn't started watching sports yet.

Have no idea why the pants changed from 1994 having strips to 1995 with no strips...

SF last year took the stripes off the pants now they wear them for practice’s today..

Exactly, they didn't care about "tradition" they just made whatever was easiest or simplest work. Thats why it really doesn't matter to me about all the this "tradition" stuff. I want Nebraska to win. All else is trivial.

Exactly, they didn't care about "tradition" they just made whatever was easiest or simplest work. Thats why it really doesn't matter to me about all the this "tradition" stuff. I want Nebraska to win. All else is trivial.

I could contend that there wasn’t much tradition till Devaney arrived...

Ya it wasn’t important that they didn’t have enough U’s. But there was a reason why they wore red pants for away games and let red balloons go with the first score of the game for home games..

Devaney wanted everyone involved going to the games that you wore red, and he made it known that wearing red going to the games made a statement whether it was at home or away..

Reactions: husker2612

Ya it wasn’t important that they didn’t have enough U’s. But there was a reason why they wore red pants for away games and let red balloons go with the first score of the game for home games..

Devaney wanted everyone involved going to the games that you wore red, and he made it known that wearing red going to the games made a statement whether it was at home or away..
Agreed there isn't much tradition to be had when you're a loser for over 2 decades.

I get that side of things. Tradition is a simple way to unite everyone.

I hope not. I prefer something cool. I know there are only a couple of us that do though. Hey! Anyone know what happened to all those really cool cleats we were shown beginning of last year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT