ADVERTISEMENT

Ireland roll call!

I’ve got to believe the university is going to release a few thousand tickets for their season-ticket holders, but I guess this game could be the exception. Obviously Illinois is going to be well compensated as they are the team giving up a home game.

This game has my interest. Really have no desire to travel outside of the United States since there's so much in this country I haven't seen. Another couple and my wife and I were thinking about going to NW next year. But might have to skip that and save up for Ireland.

This game has my interest. Really have no desire to travel outside of the United States since there's so much in this country I haven't seen. Another couple and my wife and I were thinking about going to NW next year. But might have to skip that and save up for Ireland.

Cart way before horse, but don't forget to get a passport if you don't have one. You'd be amazed how many folks overlook this on international travel until it's too late.

Reactions: huskerfan66
So you folks are going to spend all this money to see a below average team play in another county next year? Youre really going to pay that much for this product? yikes.

Bendog please get out of your basement and see the world. And get rid of your snarky attitude. It will do wonders for you.

As for the game, the website notes that tickets are CURRENTLY available only in packages. That means single tickets will be available later. A quick google search shows stadium capacity at 51,700. I can't imagine Illinois sends more than 10,000 people and that number may be way high. I can see NU sending 15,000-20,000 fans but that still leaves a lot of seats left. Another quick search shows multiple tours of Ireland for under $2,000. So shop wisely.

Bendog please get out of your basement and see the world. And get rid of your snarky attitude. It will do wonders for you.

As for the game, the website notes that tickets are CURRENTLY available only in packages. That means single tickets will be available later. A quick google search shows stadium capacity at 51,700. I can't imagine Illinois sends more than 10,000 people and that number may be way high. I can see NU sending 15,000-20,000 fans but that still leaves a lot of seats left. Another quick search shows multiple tours of Ireland for under $2,000. So shop wisely.
That's my thinking as well. BEST seats are only available through the "package only" option. Hopefully something else shakes out later. Can't be too many bad seats if stadium only holds 51000. Guess better than having a 3/4 red stadium in champagne

So you folks are going to spend all this money to see a below average team play in another county next year? Youre really going to pay that much for this product? yikes.
Watching the below average team is just the cherry on top for the trip ;)

Side bet:

Losers play the Irish rugby at team at noon the following day.

Winners submit to a "foreign exchange" with the lassies down at the pub..

Side bet:

Losers play the Irish rugby at team at noon the following day.

Winners submit to a "foreign exchange" with the lassies down at the pub..
I'm wondering if there will be a "Keep the Red Out" campaign? So in order to get NU-Illinois tickets, you also have to pony up for three Gaelic football matches and a hurling tournament.

Reactions: nu2u

So what If we do? Just because the fans of your team doesn’t have the same loyalty we do, doesn’t mean we have to follow suit. There’s a reason why my Huskers and Husker fans have the nations leading sale out streak going. GBR for life!!!

Thanks. Dang didn't want to have to spend 8 days there. The cheapest one isn't really that bad of a deal. You're looking at probably another $1000 for flight.

Might be off my radar.

They have different packages. 8 nights, 6 nights, & 3 nights.

Look at the top tabs under 3 city tour, 2 city tour, or Dublin only. You can get just the Dublin tour for under 2 grand.

Reactions: headcard

I’ll definitely be there. Planning to move to Europe early next year plus I’ve never been to Ireland. My question is if this Covid19 will still be an issue then with social gatherings.

Reactions: leodisflowers
They have different packages. 8 nights, 6 nights, & 3 nights.

Look at the top tabs under 3 city tour, 2 city tour, or Dublin only. You can get just the Dublin tour for under 2 grand.
Thanks. I'm going to be completely happy to stay home now unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT