ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State biggest choke in sports history?

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
1:20 left, up 7. 1st and 10 at KSU 45. KSU with 1 timeout.
All they have to do is pretty much run out the clock.
They fumble. KSU gets a TD to tie.
ISU gets ball back with 40 seconds left.
ISU decides not to go for a score but play for OT.
They fumble again. KSU FG for the win.

We had some bad luck this year, but that takes the cake.

Reactions: huskerssalts
sounds pretty bad. texas getting shut out by iowa state 25-0 is pretty bad too, considering how much money is thrown around in texas football and how they are supposed to be kings in the best recruiting grounds.

Reactions: StrongArm517
Rhodes should be fired this morning for that debacle. Just take a knee and punt the damn ball with less than 20 seconds left. Stupidest coaching since Riley and company for the month of Sept and Oct.

the only saving grace for ISU and Rhodes is that no one gave a sh*t about that game or gives a sh*t about the program

seems pretty short sighted to fire him. they showed some pretty good improvement against okie st and then yesterday. Not sure who ISU can get that's better with there being so many higher profile openings this offseason.

I should have clarified no one outside of Iowa state.

I know, just having a little fun. With all of the openings this year, it's going to be tough for them to find a decent coach. Will be interesting to see if they pursue Pelini or Frost. Though I doubt Frost would potentially ruin his promising career by going to Ames, but the Cyclones actually do have a lot of young talent on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT