ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa, Minn, or Wis?

Huskred01

Walk On
Sep 30, 2018
Who you got winning the West?

I still kind of think Wis wins it but I could see Iowa sneaking their way in as well.

I guess Minn has a nice 2 game lead on those two teams so who knows?

The Gofs/Tarnished Rodents have the difficult part of their schedule ahead. PSU, Iowa, NW and Wisconsin. Iowa and Wisconsin are road games with trophies on the line.

The Gofs/Tarnished Rodents have the difficult part of their schedule ahead. PSU, Iowa, NW and Wisconsin. Iowa and Wisconsin are road games with trophies on the line.

Well, NW his horrible. Even worse than NU. Iowa still plays both Wisconsin and Minnesota. Assuming you win one of those games, you have to hope Minnesota loses 2 more. Iowa has about as much of a chance to win the West as they do the East at this point.

I think it comes down to the Minnesota vs Wisconsin game. Winner of that wins the west.
I think you’re right.
Looking at the 3 team’s schedules, this is the game that will determine who goes to Indy.

Iowa would have to run the table & that’s not going to happen.

It will be interesting to see how Minn does against P St. Game’s in Minneapolis as well I believe.

I'll be rooting for an epic beatdown from Ohio, I know that.

I still kind of think Wis wins it but I could see Iowa sneaking their way in as well.

right now I’m going with Minnesota or Wisconsin. With Minnesota having the slight edge. Iowa won’t get there.

As much as I love my Hawks, they are not a championship level team this year. A very good defense with an abysmal offense. Minnesota hasn't played anybody, and they will come crashing back to earth when they face Penn State and also will lose to Wiscy. I think Wisconsin is still the best of the west. Now excuse me while I wash the nasty taste of those words out of my mouth.

Well, NW his horrible. Even worse than NU. Iowa still plays both Wisconsin and Minnesota. Assuming you win one of those games, you have to hope Minnesota loses 2 more. Iowa has about as much of a chance to win the West as they do the East at this point.
While I think Wisconsin ends up winning it, your last sentence isn’t very accurate. If Minnesota loses to PSU (likely), Iowa controls it’s own destiny. In other words, they don’t need much help to win it. My money is on Wisconsin though

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I'm a mathboi

wisky - 55% chance
Golden rowers - 45% chance
Fighting Ferentzez - 35% chance

In reality, with the drought Minny has experienced (what's it been? 60 years since they won a title?) it almost feels like they are catching lightning in a bottle. Yes yes, I know they have no signature wins. One thing is for sure, PJ Fleck is getting a golden contract in 5 months and still will bolt for another program first chance he gets. He might be Nebraska's new coach in 2/3 years ??!!

My guess is Wisconsin. They have lost 2 straight and play Iowa next, so they will be hungry for a victory (unlike another team I know of). I think they get back at Minnesota for surprising them last year, although I do think Iowa beats Minnesota.

I look forward to the day when we have a team of men like any of the ones listed above.

I'm a mathboi

wisky - 55% chance
Golden rowers - 45% chance
Fighting Ferentzez - 35% chance

In reality, with the drought Minny has experienced (what's it been? 60 years since they won a title?) it almost feels like they are catching lightning in a bottle. Yes yes, I know they have no signature wins. One thing is for sure, PJ Fleck is getting a golden contract in 5 months and still will bolt for another program first chance he gets. He might be Nebraska's new coach in 2/3 years ??!!

Some solid math from mathboi

Reactions: thewop
I’m going with Iowa- if for no other reason the prognosticators on this site have not been accurate at all recently . We have better talent, the best coach, have thought ‘we’ were better in advance of every game but 1. I really think some have forgotten what good ball and players actually look like.

Iowa vs Wisky will decide which one is eliminated. The winner in the drivers seat provided psu beats Minny. Neb could be a factor on Black Friday . However it sounds as if Frost has lost the locker room, and thus a stiff challenge made even more so

If iowa beats minny and wins out (not to say we will), why do we need minny to lose 3 games(which they will anyways)?

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
My guess is Wisconsin. They have lost 2 straight and play Iowa next, so they will be hungry for a victory (unlike another team I know of). I think they get back at Minnesota for surprising them last year, although I do think Iowa beats Minnesota.

I look forward to the day when we have a team of men like any of the ones listed above.
hate to agree, but if I was putting my money down that's what Id have to bet on.

The west will be decided on nov. 9th.

Why not Minnesota? Your offense is horrible. That alone will keep NU in the game on Black Friday.
If you can't even top 13 points vs minny or nw, don't expect to score much vs us.

BTW our O hasn't been any better the past few years but we still avg 40+ points vs you the last 3 or 4 years ;)

Minnesota? Maybe they prove me wrong when they play pedd state, for now I'll just LOL.....

If you can't even top 13 points vs minny or nw, don't expect to score much vs us.

BTW our O hasn't been any better the past few years but we still avg 40+ points vs you the last 3 or 4 years ;)

Minnesota? Maybe they prove me wrong when they play pedd state, for now I'll just LOL.....
You’re Iowa. Mediocre. You have multiple losses coming.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm

I could see Iowa easily losing to Wisconsin and Minnesota, and maybe Illinois. But, they will easily beat Nebraska.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see Iowa easily losing to Wisconsin and Minnesota, and mane Illinois. But, they will easily beat Nebraska.
They could lose any of them, including Black Friday.

‘Easily’, weird word choice. They have one of the country’s best Ds through 8 games, played PSU/Mich in toss up, 1 score games where that outgained both. Stating yardage total is worthless, but obviously valued by many that post here as it’s sited often.

There is nothing easy about playing or beating Iowa, when they are below average, average, or good.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
I could see Iowa easily losing to Wisconsin and Minnesota, and mane Illinois. But, they will easily beat Nebraska.
Illinois has no chance. Minny is highly overrated. The boat rower didn't turn them into a legit top 10(hell probably even 25) team in a few weeks time. They'll be exposed big time in their next game. Will be interesting where the betting lines start, could be easy money in the psu/mn game! Spanking what are quite possibly the worst 4 b1g teams.....just doesn't do much for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT