ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Fan on UCF Forum....

Most UCF fans had no problem with Frost leaving to go back to his Alma Mater to coach. We had a problem when he started trying to poach our recruits when we had no coach in place. I know this is a business but it was a low blow offering scholarships to UCF commits. Plenty of talent in the country to go around and his staff is too lazy to go find it. As a UCF alumni and college football fan that was low when we did not even have a coach in place.
Frost and most coaches are in contact with these kids for years before actual signing day. They probably know which kids want to go to UCF and which kids are only going there for the coach. There is a reason he only offered 2. If he was trying to poach UCF kids he would have offered all of them.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
UCF also did not take part in building the college football landscape, no that was the schools who have been around and formed the major conferences. There would be no tv money without these schools and the conferences they formed and built. With no tv money UCF does not get their games televised try and get recruits or ven coaches at that point.

So you played no part in building it and after a few years of decent seasons and one really good one you want to be treated as an equal. Can you not see why this seems a bit screwed up?

Let me add in the last 5 years your program is 5-9 against P5 teams that is not exactly a great record on a resume for entry into a P5 conference if there was an opening
Bingo, They call us arrogant. Yet they think 20 years of football deserves them in with the big boys who blazed a trail for 100+ years. Stop demanding, wait your turn and be respectful to all the programs that came before you and you will get your shot. Just like all the rest.

Zero excuse for your fans to act like douche bags to anyone not UCF

You're one of the people your fanbase had to come on our board and apologize for.

Arrogance? You're 4-8 and your entire fanbase is rightfully celebrating the return of one of your own to SAVE your program from 15 years of mediocrity. You came to UCF to do it. I hope Frost works out, but don't get it twisted. In 2017, UCF matters more than Nebraska. If Frost wasn't from here, he wouldn't have even taken the call. And you know it.

Arrogance? Not us, pal. Look in the mirror.

You're one of the people your fanbase had to come on our board and apologize for.

Arrogance? You're 4-8 and your entire fanbase is rightfully celebrating the return of one of your own to SAVE your program from 15 years of mediocrity. You came to UCF to do it. I hope Frost works out, but don't get it twisted. In 2017, UCF matters more than Nebraska. If Frost wasn't from here, he wouldn't have even taken the call. And you know it.

1 season does not make a program - but enjoy the nice one you are having. Also - commits are "verbal" at this point. Kids change verbals often. In fact the verbal to one school fully knowing if an offer from a school they like better comes it they will take it. Also - schools can pull offers. I think it is possible a few UCF verbals will see a Nebraska offer as better especially with Frost as head coach. Don't get butt hurt - wave goodbye and move on.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Yet here you are. Still.

Just obsessed af.

I heard you guys hired a coach, there might be some discussion about that on UCF boards.

You opened Pandora's box when you came to our board all season long, buddy. We're gonna be here a while and enjoy the ride that you are about to go on.

To quote everyone from your board, "get the F off our board, Mods ban"

You opened Pandora's box when you came to our board all season long, buddy. We're gonna be here a while and enjoy the ride that you are about to go on.

What the hell are you talking about? Not once have I ever posted on the UCF board.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. Dig up one post that I ever made on your board and put it here. If you can’t, you’re just posting uninformed shit up here. Like always.

What the hell are you talking about? Not once have I ever posted on the UCF board.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. Dig up one post that I ever made on your board and put it here. If you can’t, you’re just posting uninformed shit up here. Like always.

All your trolls came over to our board all season starting crap. Since you guys like us so much, we plan on sticking around. Gonna be lots of fun.Winking

the only thing I got out of your post is that there are jackasses on all fan bases. For a program that is 5 -9 against P5 teams in the last 5 years to be crowing they matter more than a program that is # 4 in all time wins is a bit delusional - I know I know you had a better record this year whoop di do, I dont care and neither does the CFB committee.

If there are posters who your board doesnt like ignore them or ban them pretty simple.
Now go back to Disney world and tell Mickey and Minnie how nasty those Nebraska fans are

Oh and good luck on your failed P5 coordinator you hired as a head coach you will need it

All your trolls came over to our board all season starting crap. Since you guys like us so much, we plan on sticking around. Gonna be lots of fun.Winking

That’s what I figured. Made up claim, called out, nothing to back it up.

Except that, in response to Nebraska assholes going to the UCF site, UCF sent theirs here.

Reactions: jimbosc and gw2kpro
That’s what I figured. Made up claim, called out, nothing to back it up.

Except that, in response to Nebraska assholes going to the UCF site, UCF sent theirs here.

Somebody doesn't understand a plural "you"

I'm not an a**hole, just going to enjoy your next couple of seasons.

Last edited:

Yeah, stick around. See how happy we are. But since you don't have your Mod BeeJayKnight to bail you out here, it may not go as you expect.

That being said, still hope your players win the game. Some of you fans have already lost.

Here is the thing I am realizing since my short time ont he UCF board. They are young and immature. Guessing 90% of the people on their board are 21-30. They believe they are the smartest thing on the planet. Nobody can tell them anything. Another thing that tells me they are all young and immature. They can't have a conversation or a debate with someone or something they disagree with. Their defense is either insult, delete, or ban. Not trying to bash our younger people here but for whatever reason the UCF ones are just horrible. Never saw a msg board like theirs in the 7 years I have been here.

I've been trying to figure out how to say this same thing - You nailed it.

Never heard so much out-and-out hate for people (us Nebraska fans) simply for us debating something they said. And, a month ago, Frost was GOD!!! Now, he's a turncoat, loser, one-hit wonder, and they hope he never wins another game.

I've been trying to figure out how to say this same thing - You nailed it.

Never heard so much out-and-out hate for people (us Nebraska fans) simply for us debating something they said. And, a month ago, Frost was GOD!!! Now, he's a turncoat, loser, one-hit wonder, and they hope he never wins another game.

We are just so strong on the internet. Folks love that these days, even elect people like that president, weird huh.

0033464-aigd-1280x720.jpg

1997 our quarterback, who became your coach, laid a 38-24 loss on you guys.

You're right. The internet is a wonderful thing.

Says the guy, 2 years removed from not winning a game. RollingLaugh

Reactions: Bruce1981
So you are saying that they will turn on Lincoln Riley and troll our board???:rolleyes:
No I think there is very little desire in sooner land for Heupel - that ship sailed then sank.

I think however based on his body of work your AD is putting a little too much faith in your recruiting proximity and not enough thought into a head coach

No I think there is very little desire in sooner land for Heupel - that ship sailed then sank.

I think however based on his body of work your AD is putting a little too much faith in your recruiting proximity and not enough thought into a head coach

Good point. My concerns about Heupel is that he was maybe too accepting of Randy Shannon. Randy is great and has history in Florida but SF brought all of his own guys, coaches that he had personal relationships with and liked being around. It wasn't just work, they spent all of their time together. Frost didn't have very high profile coaches either, he was the star. Heupel maybe more of a pushover and let higher profile coaches with their own agendas run the show ie. Muschamp/Charlie Weis.
Heupel has tons of talent on both sides of the ball, it's more of a question of managing the team and his coaching staff. The formula for UCF is easy. Offense sells tickets. Get fast local players into that offense. Beat a schedule that has less talent.

Reactions: husker2612
Would you rather it take you three seasons of 6-7, 9-4, 4-8 before making the right coaching change or just go 0-12 and be done with it in one season?

You got me, UCF totally did it the right way. Now they'll be in the playoff right?

Would you rather it take you three seasons of 6-7, 9-4, 4-8 before making the right coaching change or just go 0-12 and be done with it in one season?
UCF for their short time in college football sure has some skeletons in their closet that even many long time programs do not have

I don't like the recruit poaching either. There is enough talent and enough programs in turmoil that Scott doesn't need to mess with UCF...and the chances of us competing directly with UCF is minimal, and the chances that one of their recruits will be a huge game changer is minimal. Its not worth the sour grapes. Noah Vedrel is a different story though, he is from Nebraska, is a legacy kid, only went to UCF because of Frost, and because NU was garbage. Now that this has changed he should come back to NU.

We do not want Josh to do any of that poaching nonsense to Missouri. Just terrible.

And ol' Noah ain't going anywhere either. I don't think he's too fired up to leave his smoking hot Florida girlfriend, nor go back to his old, boring life he had back in Nebraska.

You guys have to admit we're nicer here. If we were on your board, one post and you guys would be screaming for BeeJayKnight to ban us all. And being the good BeeJay he is, he would do it.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT