ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Fan on UCF Forum....

wkato

Junior
Dec 23, 2006
Just popped over there to see their reaction on Heupel. The Hawkeye are there now trying to slander us. What the hell is their obsession with us? Me thinks some are getting a wee bit worried.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/hawkeye-here-our-hatred-for-the-nubs-is-mutual.57622/

"It really bugs me that Nebraska’s AD openly called your bowl game a “three hour Husker infomercial”.

I hope White tells that loser Frost to kick rocks and sends him packing.

UCF doesn’t deserve this. Especially now that they’re trying to poach all your recruits."

Just popped over there to see their reaction on Heupel. The Hawkeye are there now trying to slander us. What the hell is their obsession with us? Me thinks some are getting a wee bit worried.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/hawkeye-here-our-hatred-for-the-nubs-is-mutual.57622/

"It really bugs me that Nebraska’s AD openly called your bowl game a “three hour Husker infomercial”.

UCF doesn’t deserve this. Especially now that they’re trying to poach all your recruits."

I don't like the recruit poaching either. There is enough talent and enough programs in turmoil that Scott doesn't need to mess with UCF...and the chances of us competing directly with UCF is minimal, and the chances that one of their recruits will be a huge game changer is minimal. Its not worth the sour grapes. Noah Vedrel is a different story though, he is from Nebraska, is a legacy kid, only went to UCF because of Frost, and because NU was garbage. Now that this has changed he should come back to NU.

Reactions: KISA
You can't recruit a current SA. Do that and he'll start his tenure off with NCAA violations.

Just to prepare you for this, regardless of Frost encouraging Vedral to transfer to NU....it will probably happen anyway. Frost went to UCF because of Frost, not because of UCF.

Both programs and athletic directors are doing things the right way during this transition.

From the collaboration between both schools on the timing of the announcement last weekend to the plan to have SF coach the Peach, realizing that this move in effect gutted the staff in place for the bowl game.

SF isn't going to turn around after all this -- his heartfelt honest words about his time in Orlando -- backed up by his actions that show that he's following through on the commitments he made to the players in that program -- and then turn around and stab UCF in the back on the recruiting trail.

I have no doubt that SF knows what players committed to him and what players committed to UCF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
As for the alleged recruit poaching mentioned in this thread, we have no idea about the circumstances. We know only too well that each time our coaching situation changed many recruits have run for the door on their own. While Bo encouraged them to leave, I am confident Riley did not yet many have left and will continue to leave.

As a state with only one major football program, Nebraska kids may be somewhat more likely to be committed to the school rather than the coach but UCF doesn’t have that edge.

more-stirring-the-pot.jpg

I take this as very good sign - Iowa and Wisconsin are not saying "OH congrats on Riley he is a real nice guy" They are crapping their pants, Iowa especially because they know they are being left in the dust.

Hehe like a Hawkeye fan really cares about UCF

So much cynicism in the world. Can we ever ascribe legitimate motives to any public action? It's getting really annoying.

Has Iowa ever won anything - lol I don’t even consider them an actual opponent they will turn into a filler game soon enough

Let them panic a little it’s funny

GBR

Just to prepare you for this, regardless of Frost encouraging Vedral to transfer to NU....it will probably happen anyway. Frost went to UCF because of Frost, not because of UCF.

But all of the UCF posters swear over and over again that Orlando is paradise on Earth. Someone would actually leave paradise for Frost? Maybe it's not paradise after all..

Reactions: HuskerDana
But all of the UCF posters swear over and over again that Orlando is paradise on Earth. Someone would actually leave paradise for Frost? Maybe it's not paradise after all..
Here is the thing I am realizing since my short time ont he UCF board. They are young and immature. Guessing 90% of the people on their board are 21-30. They believe they are the smartest thing on the planet. Nobody can tell them anything. Another thing that tells me they are all young and immature. They can't have a conversation or a debate with someone or something they disagree with. Their defense is either insult, delete, or ban. Not trying to bash our younger people here but for whatever reason the UCF ones are just horrible. Never saw a msg board like theirs in the 7 years I have been here.

Last edited:
Here is the thing I am realizing since my short time ont he UCF board. They are young and immature. Guessing 90% of the people on their board are 21-30. They believe they are the smartest thing on the planet. Nobody can tell them anything. Not trying to bash our younger people here but you for whatever reason the UCF ones are just horrible. Never saw a msg board like theirs in the 7 years I have been here.
Iowa’s is pretty close to what you just described. Although every fan base has some fringe fans, Iowa message board fan base has a large percentage on the fringe.

o_O ? o_O

Did Frost come to Nebraska because of Frost and not because of Nebraska? :D

Winking

On a serious note, I agree. For all intents and purposes, Vedral went to UCF because of Frost.

Nebraska > UCF... so is he good enough to come here? Only 2 stars ya know... :D:D:D

Reactions: HuskerDana
o_O ? o_O

Did Frost come to Nebraska because of Frost and not because of Nebraska? :D

Winking

On a serious note, I agree. For all intents and purposes, Vedral went to UCF because of Frost.

Nebraska > UCF... so is he good enough to come here? Only 2 stars ya know... :D:D:D

Geez....what the hell did I do there?!?!Laughing

Here is the thing I am realizing since my short time ont he UCF board. They are young and immature. Guessing 90% of the people on their board are 21-30. They believe they are the smartest thing on the planet. Nobody can tell them anything. Another thing that tells me they are all young and immature. They can't have a conversation or a debate with someone or something they disagree with. Their defense is either insult, delete, or ban. Not trying to bash our younger people here but for whatever reason the UCF ones are just horrible. Never saw a msg board like theirs in the 7 years I have been here.
And you would be wrong and this just shows the arrogance of you and many of your UNL fan base. I have been a season ticket holder for UCF for 24 years and there are thousands just like me. Unlike 50% of the "P5" schools, UCF has earned their place at the table. Starting out at Div 3, moving to Div 2 and winning at that level, then to 1-AA and winning at that level and then Div 1. UCF has played the game only to have the rules changed every time we get close. Forgive UCF fans for getting tired of the arrogance of older programs that constantly disrespect UCF. UCF was not given a free pass just by being around for 100 years, UCF has earned it on the field. Five conference titles in ten years, Div 3 playoffs, Div 2 playoffs, Div 1-AA playoffs and so on and so on.

Reactions: davecasper
Iowa fans, your on a HUSKER board. You don’t like our opinions of your team, coach and fan base....there’s the door. No we are NOT going to set here and brag your team up, talk how great they are and all that. We are going to hate on them and give the little credit for anything. Just like a lot of your fans on your Iowa board do with the Huskers. I been there and seen it as well. So my opinion, stop popping in here, trying to defend your crap team and move on if you dislike. Same coach for years, been recruiting his players for his system for years and still struggles. All our Huskers ever needed was a good coach that can develop talent and we are golden. If Frost pans out, trust me we will, indeed, leave you guys in the dust. You guys will never get over that hump with KF. If so, he’d done it by now. Just one (1) single Husker fans OPINION.

Ps...sorry is annoying I’m reading my follow Huskers replies and seeing the occasional Hawkeye trying to pop in and defend there team. Go to your board if you dislike it....dam.

Reactions: SOHusker11
And you would be wrong and this just shows the arrogance of you and many of your UNL fan base. I have been a season ticket holder for UCF for 24 years and there are thousands just like me. Unlike 50% of the "P5" schools, UCF has earned their place at the table. Starting out at Div 3, moving to Div 2 and winning at that level, then to 1-AA and winning at that level and then Div 1. UCF has played the game only to have the rules changed every time we get close. Forgive UCF fans for getting tired of the arrogance of older programs that constantly disrespect UCF. UCF was not given a free pass just by being around for 100 years, UCF has earned it on the field. Five conference titles in ten years, Div 3 playoffs, Div 2 playoffs, Div 1-AA playoffs and so on and so on.
UCF also did not take part in building the college football landscape, no that was the schools who have been around and formed the major conferences. There would be no tv money without these schools and the conferences they formed and built. With no tv money UCF does not get their games televised try and get recruits or ven coaches at that point.

So you played no part in building it and after a few years of decent seasons and one really good one you want to be treated as an equal. Can you not see why this seems a bit screwed up?

Let me add in the last 5 years your program is 5-9 against P5 teams that is not exactly a great record on a resume for entry into a P5 conference if there was an opening

Last edited:

So you paid $20 a year, total for your tickets, congrats.

And starting off in a lower division does not mean you earned a spot, that has nothing to do with becoming an FBS school.

Most UCF fans had no problem with Frost leaving to go back to his Alma Mater to coach. We had a problem when he started trying to poach our recruits when we had no coach in place. I know this is a business but it was a low blow offering scholarships to UCF commits. Plenty of talent in the country to go around and his staff is too lazy to go find it. As a UCF alumni and college football fan that was low when we did not even have a coach in place.

Zero excuse for your fans to act like douche bags to anyone not UCF

Most UCF fans had no problem with Frost leaving to go back to his Alma Mater to coach. We had a problem when he started trying to poach our recruits when we had no coach in place. I know this is a business but it was a low blow offering scholarships to UCF commits. Plenty of talent in the country to go around and his staff is too lazy to go find it. As a UCF alumni and college football fan that was low when we did not even have a coach in place.
You clearly do not understand recruiting, some recruits go for the school and some for the coach or coaches. If a recruit wants to play for a coach regardless of the school, it’s best to let that player go. “Poaching” is a popular term these days, but it’s inaccurate to use in recruiting. Now if a coach goes into a recruits home and is dissing a school to try and get a recruit, that’s another thing altogether.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT