ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa 3 South Dakota St Jackrabbits 3 halftime

Iowa has 3 “NY Day 6” bowl invites (went 1-2) the last 20 years. Not awesome but not bad either. How many does NE have?

THREE new years bowls in 20 years? and ONE win?!!

live look at the grandkids when you drop that hammer on them:

200.gif

Don’t forget their inspiring 1 outright conference title in the past 60 years…in 1985.
Lol…….the one outright in 1985 and a few shared, yet not a single top 5 finish in 60 plus years. That’s right even when Iowa wins the bigten they can’t finish inside the top 5….the bigten is one of the power 5 conferences and when Iowa wins the conference title they aren’t one of the 5 best teams in the nation. Too damn funny.

Reactions: Frozone
I am friends with 1 Iowa fan. He said it was a good one. So that is "many" because that is all I know. I have never talked to another one.

Are you an Iowa fan? If so, i will change it to 50% since it appears you don't think it was a good win. Deal?
I'm an Iowa fan and it wasn't a good win so now you can say the majority of Iowa fans felt it wasn't a good win.

Why oh why can't we play Iowa earlier in the season for once? If we had played them in Dublin instead of NW we would have beaten the team I watched today which had zero offense. But I guarantee you that by the time they play us they will have improved, as they always do, and probably beat us.

Why oh why can't we play Iowa earlier in the season for once? If we had played them in Dublin instead of NW we would have beaten the team I watched today which had zero offense. But I guarantee you that by the time they play us they will have improved, as they always do, and probably beat us.
Petras won’t be their QB in November if Captain Kirk has half a brain..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Well both NU and Iowa played crap teams today from the same conference I think

Iowa let over a little over 100 yards
Nu let up a little over 300

Seems like both D's are about the same

One offense scored 3 points one scored in the 30's.
Sew ya thinkun da huskas mite beet da hocks dis yeer?

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Iowa has 3 “NY Day 6” bowl invites (went 1-2) the last 20 years. Not awesome but not bad either. How many does NE have?
Typical Herkey.. hey Chiloopi Ioway only has two New Years6 bowl wins in it’s entire history.. Laughing

Do you know how many Nebraska has in it’s history?

Typical Herkey.. hey Chiloopi Ioway only has two New Years6 bowl wins in it’s entire history.. Laughing

We’re talking “relevant” time period, I.e. recently, like this century, where I believe the answer to your question is not only zero wins for NE, but zero invites as well. Not one meaningful bowl game so far this century. I think that’s why many NE fans are always crying that they want to be relevant again, because it’s been a while, hasn’t it.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaTaterHead

New Years Bowls are cute. Minnesota has more National Championships than both Iowa and Nebraska combined, so please, a little respect for the best B1G West program. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Come on you know the answer before you asked the question, hawkkkeye fans only consider football from 2002 on.

We’re talking “relevant” time period, I.e. recently, like this century, where I believe the answer to your question is not only zero wins for NE, but zero invites as well. Not one meaningful bowl game so far this century. I think that’s why many NE fans are always crying that they want to be relevant again, because it’s been a while, hasn’t it.
2002 Rose Bowl for the National Championship..

Something Ioway has never played for..

We know our last previous 7 years have been bad but also have been to the highest point of the mountain top..
Ioway ever been relevent?

Reactions: BleedRed78
2002 Rose Bowl for the National Championship..

Something Ioway has never played for..

We know our last previous 7 years have been bad but also have been to the highest point of the mountain top..
Ioway ever been relevent?
It was 2001 season, but semantics, it was still was over 20 years ago (and all fans know NE backed into that game after being destroyed by CO). And btw, how did that game turn out? Not even close. But technically it still counts. 1 NY6 game (21 years ago) to Iowa’s 3 this century. I.e. Nebraska football = irrelevant.

It was 2001 season, but semantics, it was still was over 20 years ago (and all fans know NE backed into that game after being destroyed by CO). And btw, how did that game turn out? Not even close. But technically it still counts. 1 NY6 game (21 years ago) to Iowa’s 3 this century. I.e. Nebraska football = irrelevant.
Didn’t you mentioned this century? 2001 is this century believe you did.
I.e Ioway football = never relevant..

How was your last Rose Bowl turn out? Ohh yea Not even close..

• Haha

How was your last Rose Bowl turn out? yea Not even close..
2009 Orange Bowl Iowa blowout win.
NE? Nothing.

How was your last Rose Bowl turn out? Ohh yea Not even close..
So that clown has finally stopped using “we” when talking husker football?? That’s a start to his recovery I guess. Nebraska football has certainly damaged a lot of fragile psyches in the Iowa fan base.

Reactions: scarletred
Iowa yesterday ...
Offense , Lawd kill me know
Defense, Lock down
Punter, Player of the game. A true weapon.
I felt sorry for people in the stands who paid to watch that .

Reactions: Red Runney
I am sure College Gameday has been to Iowa but for what game?

Were they at Ames two years ago for Iowa at ISU?
Lol of course. and it was last year at ISU, not two years ago.

And generally you need to be in the top 25 to even be considered so obviously it’s been a long long time for NE.

Lol of course. and it was last year at ISU, not two years ago.

And generally you need to be in the top 25 to even be considered so obviously it’s been a long long time for NE.
Right, I asked when the last time gameday was at the U of Iowa.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT