ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Interesting tidbit to pass along [updated 7:25 PM]

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
I just conducted an interview with Los Angeles (Calif.) Salesian High linebacker Rahyme Johnson to see why the current UCLA soft commit has been speaking so highly about Nebraska. Johnson said that NU is currently tied in his top 2 with UCLA and he has really hit it off with Coach Bray.

But, the interesting thing is that Johnson is tight with both Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Darnay Holmes as well, and he's hoping to be able to tag along with them to NU's Junior Day. He said they're trying to get it worked out right now.

Johnson also spoke with Coach Mike Riley earlier today, and he is encouraging Johnson to get to Lincoln for the junior day.

I'll have a full update on Rahyme Tuesday. For anyone who missed his video update with UCLA today it's worth a watch: https://ucla.n.rivals.com/news/bsr-tv-johnson-says-he-s-a-soft-ucla-commitment

===============

Per tarantula5's question below:

I just received a DM on twitter from Rahyme stating that his teammates DB Deommodore Lenoir and ATH Nick Pickett are also considering attending NU's Junior Day.

We'll stay on top of this...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News