ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting fact about Bob Stoops and Oklahoma...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
This year is the start of Bob Stoops 17th season at OU. That's now longer than Barry Switzer! Doesn't seem possible, does it? It's true. 1999 was Stoops first season at Oklahoma. Amazing.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
It wouldn't surprise me if this was his last year at OU. I think things have become stale there and the natives are getting restless. It wouldn't shock me if he left to take another job. I don't think they would fire him, but wouldn't worry too much if he left.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was his last year at OU. I think things have become stale there and the natives are getting restless. It wouldn't shock me if he left to take another job. I don't think they would fire him, but wouldn't worry too much if he left.
Yes. There are elements of truth to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Stoops sometime in the near future ends up at Iowa....his alma mater.

Possibly Iowa after Ferentz is canned this year?
You never know. Shoot, Mike Riley may bolt after one year at NU. Hope not, but one never knows what kind of curve balls life can throw at you.

Bob Stoops has been a stand up guy many times in the past. I believe he was passed over in the past by Iowa for its current coach; but that was long ago and I don't have that good a memory for Iowa. He has to be loaded and why go there? At some point you only have so much life and its a big project. Unless he has family to employ , like others? Will PSU's coach be available with another 7-6 season?

Yep...this is true. Joe is feeling heat from big $ boosters and joe has been more than loyal to coach and his family. If bcs-level bowl isn`t achieved, bob may be moving onto NFL. Coach has gone thru a lot of assistants in past few yrs to show changes are made and the program is continually striving for better results but that cannot last forever. How coach has lasted as long as he has with all the pressure he faces yr-in, yr-out...amazes me. Joe C. has been so good to coach

Bob Stoops has been a stand up guy many times in the past. I believe he was passed over in the past by Iowa for its current coach; but that was long ago and I don't have that good a memory for Iowa. He has to be loaded and why go there? At some point you only have so much life and its a big project. Unless he has family to employ , like others? Will PSU's coach be available with another 7-6 season?[/QUOTE]

Really? I've gotta believe that James Franklin has at least three more years to go, if not more. Still think he could be the guy to put them back on the map.

No not really; I was making a joke, a great recruiter so far, but no results by most impatient booster standards. So basically if PSU wasn't patient; Iowa might grab him, but is he really all that? This board would never stand for two 7-6 seasons here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT