ADVERTISEMENT

Injury update..

I wonder if Cam sits out for Illinois and is ready for Ohio St. The concern there though is he's still learning Safety. He's talented enough to do well but he seems to be trying to figure things out as he goes as opposed to just being able to play fast.

Either way it's a good sign that he's practicing!

If they are held out all or part of the illinois game I would not play them against OSU

they would need to be 100% for me to play them in the OSU game - I don't think their presence or absence is going to matter

they need to be as healthy as possible for the NW game the following week

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4 and mpbrown27
I trust coaches will do what is best. Good for those kids. I'm glad they're able to practice. Do not sleep this weekend, boys. Be hungry and we eat first

There is no "saving" anyone for Ohio State. Illinois is the more winnable game, but I haven't seen enough from this team to think any game is a gimme. They are a borderline bowl-eligible team. Every game needs to have urgency.
True but if you aren't at least 90% healed up, I wouldn't risk further injury with Ohio State the following week.

Reactions: bigredhunter
This is a no brainer folks. If they are healthy enough to play and are cleared by medical staff to play, then they should play. If they aren’t healthy enough to play then they shouldn’t.

But what if they are “marginally” healthy enough to play? Only lousy coaches who don’t give a shit about their players think that way. If a guy is only marginally ready to play, then he isn’t really ready to play, owing to the threat of re-injury.

Really not about the opponent it's about the injury. You either can play out there or you can't.

Are we really acting like one-armed Cam Taylor gives us a much better chance to win against OSU than a healthy Eric Lee?
You hit the nail on the head. It'd be awesome if he can play against Illinois but if he's not around 100% then sit him and let him get a little more time to recover.

Really not about the opponent it's about the injury. You either can play out there or you can't.

Are we really acting like one-armed Cam Taylor gives us a much better chance to win against OSU than a healthy Eric Lee?
Remember it was C that gave up the big play against Colorado when he bit on the play action and let the receiver get behind him. Game breaker

Remember it was C that gave up the big play against Colorado when he bit on the play action and let the receiver get behind him. Game breaker
On the trick play yes. It was Lee on the blown coverage on the other long TD pass.

Save Cam for Ohio St.

We need all the athleticism we can get on the field that game.
Naw, we need to beat Illinois. The idea that we are head and shoulders better than Illinois is a joke. Especially on the road. These types of games are the biggest for Frost because he needs to make a bowl game. Beating Ohio State is a long shot no matter who is healthy but Cam can make a big difference against Illinois. Maybe once we have a couple 9 win seasons and a couple bowl games we can start to "save" our best players for big games.

If they are held out all or part of the illinois game I would not play them against OSU

they would need to be 100% for me to play them in the OSU game - I don't think their presence or absence is going to matter

they need to be as healthy as possible for the NW game the following week

Ouch, raising the white flag already are we?

Naw, we need to beat Illinois. The idea that we are head and shoulders better than Illinois is a joke. Especially on the road. These types of games are the biggest for Frost because he needs to make a bowl game. Beating Ohio State is a long shot no matter who is healthy but Cam can make a big difference against Illinois. Maybe once we have a couple 9 win seasons and a couple bowl games we can start to "save" our best players for big games.

I actually think we are much better than Illinois.

The key will be the OL because Lovie will try and exploit that advantage.

If we hold up there will be many, many opportunities for big plays and we can scheme their "sell-out" into our perceived weakness.

I really like Nebraska's chances to win big this weekend. Call me crazy.

He was filling in for Lamar because he was dealing with cramps. Colorado just got lucky they called the right play

Ouch, raising the white flag already are we?

nope ..if they are 100% they should play, if not, or there is a question, I would error on the side of maximizing their health for NW
as the NW game is the more important game, besides no one will remember OSU when we are in the B1G championship game

Last edited:
Reactions: Wannabee8
nope ..if they are 100% they should play, if not, or there is a question, I would error on the side of maximizing their health for NW
as the NW game is the more important game, besides no one will remember the OSU game when we are in the B1G championship game

I would play Jaimes if he's game. He's that important.

Reactions: jlb321
as the NW game is the more important game, besides no one will remember OSU when we are in the B1G championship game

LOL. Ok, we all know you believe that, Mo.

Reactions: jlb321
Is anyone 100% during the season?

Guys play through injuries all the time, and many say they are good to go, when maybe they really aren't.

That said, I would rather hold a guy out for a game than risk further injury resulting in something season ending.

It depends on the injury and associated risk.

Is anyone 100% during the season?

Guys play through injuries all the time, and many say they are good to go, when maybe they really aren't.

That said, I would rather hold a guy out for a game than risk further injury resulting in something season ending.

It depends on the injury and associated risk.

Maybe if they took CBD they would be 100%.

Reactions: jeans15

If we hold up there will be many, many opportunities for big plays and we can scheme their "sell-out" into our perceived weakness.

So do I bro. Illinois doesn’t have the talent we have. Our Huskers are a very young team and errors could cause us to lose, sure. But if we play a clean game, keep the penalties and turnovers down. Illinois won’t even come close to beating us. Huskers should by 14 or more. But if we make youthful errors, Illinois could keep it close and being a home game for them...anything could happen.

I keep checking these injury update threads for an update on Pickering. He may very well be the most important person we have out right now.

Reactions: HuskerLLM

Vegas must too

So do I bro. Illinois doesn’t have the talent we have. Our Huskers are a very young team and errors could cause us to lose, sure. But if we play a clean game, keep the penalties and turnovers down. Illinois won’t even come close to beating us. Huskers should by 14 or more. But if we make youthful errors, Illinois could keep it close and being a home game for them...anything could happen.

Colorado didn't have the talent we have outside of maybe Nixon and Shenault and we all knew how that went down. NU needs to be ready to play period. Games like these are tough. The stadium is going to be dead with energy lacking, so we are going to need to have some big plays early to continue to keep our heads in it.

Colorado didn't have the talent we have outside of maybe Nixon and Shenault and we all knew how that went down. NU needs to be ready to play period. Games like these are tough. The stadium is going to be dead with energy lacking, so we are going to need to have some big plays early to continue to keep our heads in it.

This is true. Hell, Air Force took care of Colorado. Totally unexcusable loss for us so we have to make sure that we don't lose any more of these type of games against lesser talented opponents.

This is true. Hell, Air Force took care of Colorado. Totally unexcusable loss for us so we have to make sure that we don't lose any more of these type of games against lesser talented opponents.

These kids ride on emotion. You can almost see when a team is about to be in an unexpected dog fight. Like whomever wins out of this UM v Wisc game, I bet next week they'll be on upset alert.

Colorado just had an emotional comeback win, and couldn't provide the same spark the next week.

This UM v Wisc game are two teams very hungry to prove themselves. I am so very happy this is how we kick off Saturday

Reactions: CatColumbia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT