ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Nebraska

lbarnessix

Walk On
Jan 24, 2007
Does the Big Ten ask Nebraska to change this week’s opponent to Indians so OSU can play Minnesota?

Indiana plays Purdue, who we played last week. I wouldn’t put anything past the B1G, but I would think they could find something that makes more sense.

Here’s what should happen. They will schedule Indiana at Nebraska. Nebraska should show up at Bloomington on Saturday and say “we figured the Big Ten would give us the finger and make us play five of seven games away. Our bad.”

• Haha
Reactions: ATX Husker
Here’s what should happen. They will schedule Indiana at Nebraska. Nebraska should show up at Bloomington on Saturday and say “we figured the Big Ten would give us the finger and make us play five of seven games away. Our bad.”

I actually would love this, especially if we came out on top. Indiana is the darling and us taking it to them would give us exposure as well as get OSU to the title game.

It's Tuesday. Nebraska has already made game plans for Minn and have had practices. It's way too late for them to switch opponents. Plus both games would be cross division games. I think Nebr would raise holy hell if they tried a stunt like that.

The league said earlier in the season that they could change the schedule through Wednesday.

It's Tuesday. Nebraska has already made game plans for Minn and have had practices. It's way too late for them to switch opponents. Plus both games would be cross division games. I think Nebr would raise holy hell if they tried a stunt like that.
But would it matter??

Reactions: TFrazier
The league said earlier in the season that they could change the schedule through Wednesday.

So what would be the purpose 🤷🏻‍♂️of playing Indiana and Ohio St playing a Minnesota team that going to have 20+ players out for the game.🤔

If the B1G wants any chance of OSU getting into he playoffs, they would want OSU to play the next toughest available team to increase SOS. Unfortunately that would be Wisconsin, Iowa or Northwestern. Most likely NW as they are ranked highest opponent that OSU hasn't played. To do anything differnt would be.....well......ignorant (which is what the B1G will probably do).

If the B1G wants any chance of OSU getting into he playoffs, they would want OSU to play the next toughest available team to increase SOS. Unfortunately that would be Wisconsin, Iowa or Northwestern. Most likely NW as they are ranked highest opponent that OSU hasn't played. To do anything differnt would be.....well......ignorant (which is what the B1G will probably do).
OSU doesn’t get 6 games to go to conf championship. The play IA in the last weekend. They beat IA to go to 6-0. They are in the CFP.

I can’t imagine either Indiana or Nebraska would go for it.

1) Indiana is supposed to adjust their schedule so OSU can go to the conf title game instead of them?

2) Nebraska is supposed to adjust their schedule to accommodate the Big Ten overlords who have denies their requests?

Reactions: Crazyhole
OSU doesn’t get 6 games to go to conf championship. The play IA in the last weekend. They beat IA to go to 6-0. They are in the CFP.

And winner of Northwestern/Indiana goes to NY6. It’s a perfect scenario for the conference.

NU should be the good soldier and go play at Indiana. Would suck for Seniors to have their Sr Day in the road but my earn NU some equity in coming seasons with the conference.

Here's something that could actually happen based on today's news:

East Division
OSU — Not enough games.
Indiana — May be too sick to play.
Maryland — Not enough games.
Michigan — May be too sick to play.

So the East Division may come down to Rutgers (2-5), MSU (2-5) or PSU (2-5).

If PSU beats MSU, and Rutgers beats Maryland, PSU is in because it beat Rutgers.
If PSU beats MSU, and Maryland beats Rutgers, PSU is in because it beat MSU.
If MSU beats PSU, and Rutgers beats Maryland, Rutgers is in because it beat MSU.
If MSU beats PSU, and Maryland beats Rutgers, MSU is in because it beat PSU.

Remember when third-place Leaders Division team Wisconsin at 4-4 made it to the B1G title game because OSU and PSU were both ineligible because they are ... I mean, were ... corrupt?

I try to forget the 2012 game, too.

NU should be the good soldier and go play at Indiana. Would suck for Seniors to have their Sr Day in the road but my earn NU some equity in coming seasons with the conference.
Absolutely not. We should prepare to play Minnesota. The Big 10 should do everything possible to get Ohio State another conference game so they can continue towards a potential National Title game...but after the entire fall...they should not come to Nebraska’s door.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT