ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Game Prediction

Outside of Ohio St and Mich st their D has been decent. Giving up zero points twice and 3 points once. As we know our Offense is brutal the last few games. Now add in Mo is gone, Wandale and Martinez and possibly Vedral may miss the game due to injury. I don't see us getting above 20 pts. Can the D hold them, again the last few weeks suggest no. They are averaging 30+ pts per game and that includes Ohio st and Mich St. My hope is that we come out a different team and beat them by 20+. Realistically I just don't see it. 34-17 Indiana

I'm totally clueless for this game......way to many variables.
Yep, me too.
Starting QBs for both teams uncertain - that's a big factor
Nebraska will be playing off of a bye week after a previous loss
The Mo Washington MIA drama during the interim
Indiana coming off a big win (for them) on the road, momentum
Robinson's status up in the air

… to name a few. I think it will be a higher scoring game. Indiana RB Stevie Scott has been playing very well the last two games, Robinson injured. Assuming backup QBs, Ramsey's experience gives them the edge. Indiana 38, Nebraska 28..

Last edited:
Reactions: ssmill777
I just watched the big red wrap up and Sean C, Jay Moore, and Severe all picked Nebraska to win by 3 pts or less vs Indiana.

What say you?
I think this game is huge for us. Who'd of thought that? We absolutely have to come out firing on both sides of the ball. This is as close to a "must-win" game as we've had this year. I don't want to think about what could happen if we lose this one.

So are our top 2 QB's. Injuries will play a big role in this one.
Prediction: AM & Wandale are out, Vedral nicked up as well, McCaffrey starts with Bunch as back-up. Indy RB Scott goes for 150+ and NU loses by 10+. This game is shaping up to be really ugly unless the coaches finally put together a game plan to give us a chance. We lose this one, and we'll be home for the holidays.

Reactions: jeans15
Prediction: AM & Wandale are out, Vedral nicked up as well, McCaffrey starts with Bunch as back-up. Indy RB Scott goes for 150+ and NU loses by 10+. This game is shaping up to be really ugly unless the coaches finally put together a game plan to give us a chance. We lose this one, and we'll be home for the holidays.

With our OLine I doubt any game plan would work.

Reactions: ssmill777
IU fan here. I like our chances if Penix plays. He makes IUs offense pretty potent even against a top defense like Michigan State. I don’t want to read much into this but Indiana and Tom Allen seem pretty energized and excited right now. And Nebraska and Scott Frost look pretty deflated honestly. That might look different on Saturday, but you guys just don’t have a ton of mojo right now. From an outsiders point of view.

IU fan here. I like our chances if Penix plays. He makes IUs offense pretty potent even against a top defense like Michigan State. I don’t want to read much into this but Indiana and Tom Allen seem pretty energized and excited right now. And Nebraska and Scott Frost look pretty deflated honestly. That might look different on Saturday, but you guys just don’t have a ton of mojo right now. From an outsiders point of view.

You are correct. We don't. I'm glad the bye came when it did. If this game would have followed the debacle at Minny, I would say we get beat by at least 3 scores. Hopefully we regain a little confidence and reset things a little bit.

Reactions: bshirt73
I really wish it were different but I think:
Indiana 31 - NU 10... too many “ifs” at this point...

the internet will explode, but the future will still be bright... sooooo, relax...

Indiana is allowing 5.5 yards per carry and 205 yards rushing per game in 4 Big Ten games. And that includes a 35-0 win over Rutgers, easily the worst team in all of Power 5 football.

Nebraska is rushing for 191 yards per game WITHOUT Maurice Washington - In Big Ten Games. Huskers are running for 4.7 yards per carry without Mo.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Huskers go off for closer to 300 bills vs. Indiana... even without Mo Wash.

Oh, I didn't know their run defense was horrible. Excellent news!! We're averaging 4.7 yards per carry??? Wow, I must be blind as a bat. Heh.....thanks for the VERY good news sir!! I am in your debt.

I really do think the team comes out on fire. I think they will score somewhat early and get a few stops early on. I really can't explain why I feel that maybe just hope I don't know.

But I think with the bye week and stewing on the Minnie game and all the drama with Washington I just feel like were going to see a pissed off team. With that said it will depend on how they respond to something negative happening. A turnover or giving up a score.

We just need to see a team that is not so mentally fragile. If something doesn't go the teams way I want to see them come back a punch them in the mouth. If anything show some freaking attitude out there and act like you give a shit that you have that N on the side of the helmet.

Reactions: ADV1 and WHCSC
Outside of Ohio St and Mich st their D has been decent. Giving up zero points twice and 3 points once.

tenor.gif

EASTERN Illinois - 0-8 team w/ worst offense in FCS - AVERAGING 12 PPG
BALL STATE - MAC Team that put up 270 yards vs Northern Illinois

UCONN - 0-6 vs. FBS teams averaging 16 PPG
RUTGERS - 0-6 vs Power 5 teams averaging 5 PPG vs Power 5
MARYLAND - AVERAGING 10 PPG vs BIG TEN TEAMS not named RUTGERS

Reactions: bigredhunter
tenor.gif

Your stats don't change my statement. What will look even worse is if they beat us or we squeak out a win.

You guys should cruise to an easy win with all our talent on crutches.

tenor.gif

minnesota hadn't beaten anyone or done jack sh*t before beating the piss out of us. i think we'll be ruing another ugly game and loss saturday.

minnesota hadn't beaten anyone or done jack sh*t before beating the piss out of us. i think we'll be ruing another ugly game and loss saturday.

My point had nothing to do with scheduling. The poster I responded to was crowing about Indiana's defense suggesting it was very good if you remove the Ohio State and Michigan State games.

That's kind of absurd. If you take awake the Minnesota, Ohio State, and 4th quarter of the Colorado games for Nebraska, then the Husker defense is allowing less than 300 yards and roughly 17 points per game. Nobody is impressed with Nebraska's defense, and you shouldn't allow yourself to fall victim to the same mistake with the Hoosiers

Appreciate the stats. That changes my thoughts about the Hoosiers. Unfortunately we have played so bad up front that we can struggle with anyone.
My Husker pride is too strong to predict a loss to Indiana so I'm not making any prediction.

Crazy enough I'm still excited to see our guys on the field. This has felt like the longest bye week ever!!!

Appreciate the stats. That changes my thoughts about the Hoosiers. Unfortunately we have played so bad up front that we can struggle with anyone.
My Husker pride is too strong to predict a loss to Indiana so I'm not making any prediction.

Crazy enough I'm still excited to see our guys on the field. This has felt like the longest bye week ever!!!

No doubt. Nebraska has lots of problems right now. Indiana should definitely be confident that they can come in and beat Nebraska.

I just wanted to address a few mythological realities about the Hoosiers and their defense.

The Huskers have been struggling mightily on offense. They have been dealing with injuries and poor execution. But that struggle has also been compounded by facing some good defenses. Things will come back to the pack a bit the next few weeks.

Ohio State, NW, and Minnesota are all much better defensively than Indiana, Purdue, and Maryland. Nebraska needs to take advantage.

Reactions: WHCSC
Huskers just don't have it this year, and I don't see having another week to prepare making much of a difference. Lots of maturing that needs to happen for all involved. IU 30 NU 20

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT