ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fans and the AD are claiming that Frost dissed them . . .

Nonsense. The "IndyResident16" is a Purdue fan looking to stir up nonsense as a fake IU fan. Go see his posts on the IU board. There was no discussion at IU about IU faking injuries, it was his way of riling you guys up. The players got injured and the injury report proves that fact. You got beat, it's not the end of the world but look internally at your team and not make excuses.
go_away_pirates_caribbean.gif

LOL So a writer based out of Indianapolis now represents Indiana? Come on. He was with CBS Sports and moved to Indiana a couple years back.

Secondly, all of those statements look to be incredibly viable ones. That is IU blaming themselves for playing like pooh. My statement was that IU would look at themselves and see what was going on. Absolutely. Just like any team should do when they lose.
I still didn't hear any IU players or coaches giving props to our now-fired coach and our now departed players.

I think these are direct parallels: Nebraska loses to Indiana at football and blames itself for not playing well. IU loses to Nebraska in basketball and blames itself for not playing well. How is that different?

I'm hoping Nebraska's football team can take a page from last year's IU basketball team and improve upon their play and pull a big upset against Iowa or Wisconsin.

Props to the Hoosiers for Saturday's milestone victory. Here's to a good rivalry going forward.

P.S. We have little to no hope of beating IU in hoops in December. Just putting that out there. And we have lots of excuses why that will happen if you want to hear them.

Reactions: YOTHN and headcard
I still didn't hear any IU players or coaches giving props to our now-fired coach and our now departed players.

I think these are direct parallels: Nebraska loses to Indiana at football and blames itself for not playing well. IU loses to Nebraska in basketball and blames itself for not playing well. How is that different?

I'm hoping Nebraska's football team can take a page from last year's IU basketball team and improve upon their play and pull a big upset against Iowa or Wisconsin.

Props to the Hoosiers for Saturday's milestone victory. Here's to a good rivalry going forward.

P.S. We have little to no hope of beating IU in hoops in December. Just putting that out there. And we have lots of excuses why that will happen if you want to hear them.

All teams look internally but there is no statement of IU fans thinking we outplayed Nebraska in those bball games and IU just simply beat themselves. What I read was our bball team clearly stating we played horribly and deserved to lose with our lack of effort. A lack of effort is a complete self deprecating statement but in no way implies they should've won the game.

Getting the 6th win and doing it on the road in front of your great fan base is a big win, for certain. The big "breakthrough" is IU getting bowl eligible before the final game of the year. Typically its IU vs PU fighting to clinch a bowl berth every year on rivalry week after Thanksgiving. Always the final game of the year, winner goes to the bowl, loser doesn't. So that is where 90% of the emotion and excitement has come from. We aren't typically in this position.

Nebraska has a rich tradition and is a football school, no doubt. With the way the season has played out though, IU fans knew this was coin toss game and I wouldn't call it an upset this year. I get that Nebraska made some mistakes that didn't help their cause but IU kept bailing Nebraska out with the face mask penalty on the tackle for a loss on 3rd down, Whop being ignorant and reacting to #19 constantly getting in his face on every reception by knocking helmets (foolish on his part), Whop looking up field before catching the ball on a crossing route and gifting the turnover. Point being is the outcome to me was about right for how things played out.

Frost will turn things around, I firmly believe that. He just needs to keep getting that young foundation developed, continue adding his recruiting as he has, get his QB back and they'll be back competing for the West next year or 2. Patience.

Reactions: 9and4
All teams look internally but there is no statement of IU fans thinking we outplayed Nebraska in those bball games and IU just simply beat themselves. What I read was our bball team clearly stating we played horribly and deserved to lose with our lack of effort. A lack of effort is a complete self deprecating statement but in no way implies they should've won the game.

Getting the 6th win and doing it on the road in front of your great fan base is a big win, for certain. The big "breakthrough" is IU getting bowl eligible before the final game of the year. Typically its IU vs PU fighting to clinch a bowl berth every year on rivalry week after Thanksgiving. Always the final game of the year, winner goes to the bowl, loser doesn't. So that is where 90% of the emotion and excitement has come from. We aren't typically in this position.

Nebraska has a rich tradition and is a football school, no doubt. With the way the season has played out though, IU fans knew this was coin toss game and I wouldn't call it an upset this year. I get that Nebraska made some mistakes that didn't help their cause but IU kept bailing Nebraska out with the face mask penalty on the tackle for a loss on 3rd down, Whop being ignorant and reacting to #19 constantly getting in his face on every reception by knocking helmets (foolish on his part), Whop looking up field before catching the ball on a crossing route and gifting the turnover. Point being is the outcome to me was about right for how things played out.

Frost will turn things around, I firmly believe that. He just needs to keep getting that young foundation developed, continue adding his recruiting as he has, get his QB back and they'll be back competing for the West next year or 2. Patience.
I love a well-written response.

Peace, Hoosier.

It’s part of the game today boys. It happens to us all the time particularly when Coach Wilson was here. Michigan and Michigan State come to mind.....

Yes it sucks to have to play Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State every year. Complaining don’t help. See you next year.... the Hoosiers will be ready and waiting. Ass kickings are free in the Hoosier State
We dont play you next year dumbass

Hate the "18-23 year old" disclaimer thing. But would it be ok to be that upset if an all 24-year old game?
Actually, to answer your question, it wouldn't. The main point....

I'd bet good money that Huskerfan66 is at least 40 years old, and he's getting so bent out of shape about a team he didn't play on at a school he likely didn't attend losing a game to the point that he feels the need to be rude. I guess the age of the players doesn't technically matter, but it is kind of pathetic to have his mood dictated by a bunch of people that he doesn't know that are half his age whose sole offense is losing too many football games.

The biggest thing I've learned in the last 15 years as a Husker fan is this....how many games that team wins or loses has no bearing on how my life turns out, or how I treat people.

Yeah, this sounds to me like it was some Frost statement that didn't mean what IU took it as but it was used for motivation. Until the University comes out explaining what they're referencing, its hard to say. The only other thing I can think of would be if there was some recruiting tactics that were used that were offensive to IU in some way? If so, it's unlikely we will ever truly know.

I can say I haven't heard of an IU fan who thinks anything negative about Frost so it was news to everyone. Apparently even Frost.

We dont play you next year dumbass
Great....you see how concerned I was right? Welcome to the real Big where until the recent additions, you better come to play every Saturday. No days off.... I bet you are back in red next week to hide that red arse you were given

Great....you see how concerned I was right? Welcome to the real Big where until the recent additions, you better come to play every Saturday. No days off.... I bet you are back in red next week to hide that red arse you were given

Classic never been there before guy.

You are just lucky the Nebraska student section didn’t roll out the “let’s play basketball” chant.

Classic never been there before guy.

You are just lucky the Nebraska student section didn’t roll out the “let’s play basketball” chant.
Also another Big Ten homer who can never quite explain why the Big Ten Conference went from 1965 to 1994 without having been rated as the top football conference in the country. In the intervening 28 seasons (1966-1993 inclusive), the Big Eight was rated the top conference seven times against the Big Ten's zero. Further, in the 36 seasons from 1967 through 2002, the Big Eight/XII was ranked higher than the Big Ten in 24 seasons, or two-thirds of the time.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
at the Big 10 media days by saying he wished they could play Indiana every year since the program isn’t any good. IU’s AD is quoted in the Indy Star today saying the Nebraska staff didn’t respect IU, making yesterday’s victory even sweeter.

Is there any truth to this or any links or recollections of such statements or others like it by Frost or his staff?

Frost made a comment about cross-division scheduling where we play Ohio State basically every year and really never play Indiana (twice in eight years now).

So Indiana administrators and coaches are mad because a Nebraska coach thinks Ohio State is a tougher opponent than Indiana?

Reactions: timnsun
Lmao. You not caring doesn't make you look any less stupid

Reactions: headcard
Lawrence Phillips ex girlfriend begs to differ
Funny. How does Frost seeing another person’s EX call into question how classy he is?

some people just can’t wait to pull the LP card no matter how out of place it is. You are a douche.

Reactions: headcard
Funny. How does Frost seeing another person’s EX call into question how classy he is?

some people just can’t wait to pull the LP card no matter how out of place it is. You are a douche.
Indiana only wished they had talent anywhere close to lp. He was a man among boys on the field. His off field issues are well noted.

Indiana only wished they had talent anywhere close to lp. He was a man among boys on the field. His off field issues are well noted.

Again, Indiana wishes they had the rich tradition and fan support of Nebraska. As most would feel about basketball the other way.

But when we debate Lawrence Phillips and comparing him to Indiana's RB's, you lose sight on how great our RB's have been. Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard are both in the NFL and Coleman rushed had 2177 yds from scrimmage in one season. But taking them off the list, Anthony Thompson had 2 seasons at IU that were better than LP's best year at Nebraska. LP had a season of 1894 total yards from scrimmage and 16 TD's. Anthony Thompson had back to back years of over 1900 yds from scrimmage and 25, 26 TD's in each year respectively. Career wise Thompson had 6054 yards 68 TD's to LP's 2969 30 TD's.

Again, Indiana wishes they had the rich tradition and fan support of Nebraska. As most would feel about basketball the other way.

But when we debate Lawrence Phillips and comparing him to Indiana's RB's, you lose sight on how great our RB's have been. Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard are both in the NFL and Coleman rushed had 2177 yds from scrimmage in one season. But taking them off the list, Anthony Thompson had 2 seasons at IU that were better than LP's best year at Nebraska. LP had a season of 1894 total yards from scrimmage and 16 TD's. Anthony Thompson had back to back years of over 1900 yds from scrimmage and 25, 26 TD's in each year respectively. Career wise Thompson had 6054 yards 68 TD's to LP's 2969 30 TD's.
Good post. Again, appreciate the respectful nature of it.

LP’s numbers surely would have been much better had he played 4 years at NU instead of starting one full season as a sophomore. He couldn’t get out of his own way, obviously. He was supremely talented, but Coleman and Howard are more than holding their own in the NFL.

Reactions: YOTHN
Good post. Again, appreciate the respectful nature of it.

LP’s numbers surely would have been much better had he played 4 years at NU instead of starting one full season as a sophomore. He couldn’t get out of his own way, obviously. He was supremely talented, but Coleman and Howard are more than holding their own in the NFL.

Lawrence Phillips had supreme talent. He actually kind of reminded me a lot of Thompson. Unfortunately for Anthony, he tore his knee early in his career with the Cardinals and never was able to get back to his normal self. LP just took a lot of unfortunate steps and is one of those super sad stories of athletes who took the wrong turn at every corner. I know very little about his situation but I would imagine he didn't have a great support group.

Reactions: timnsun
Lawrence Phillips had supreme talent. He actually kind of reminded me a lot of Thompson. Unfortunately for Anthony, he tore his knee early in his career with the Cardinals and never was able to get back to his normal self. LP just took a lot of unfortunate steps and is one of those super sad stories of athletes who took the wrong turn at every corner. I know very little about his situation but I would imagine he didn't have a great support group.
There’s a documentary out there that is heartbreaking as it recounts the lack of structure and support his entire childhood and beyond. Running For His Life or something like that.

Reactions: YOTHN

Haha - it's got nothing to do with "seeing" LP's ex.

I may be a douche, but I'm not a "hide in my closet while my GF gets beat" kind of douche.

I think a lot of people get caught up in this Scott the savior type of stuff, even those who think he has to be like Osborne.

First, Scott is no saint. He's going to say things that aren't necessarily true, he's going to bend the rules when he thinks he can, and he's def going to make some mistakes.

This aside, Scott is not the Devil either. I'm willing to bet everything that he really does care deeply for the program, and the players.

He's still a young head coach, and maybe he's trying too hard.

For sure he's made one heck of a mess so far, but it doesn't mean he won't clean it up.

It's just not very pretty right now, and so whatever flack he gets, I think some of it is well deserved, and some he has brought on himself and the team.

I guess what I am trying to say is, Scott is an average guy, trying to do above average things.

Most of us, fall into that category in some shape or form.

I think a lot of people get caught up in this Scott the savior type of stuff, even those who think he has to be like Osborne.

First, Scott is no saint. He's going to say things that aren't necessarily true, he's going to bend the rules when he thinks he can, and he's def going to make some mistakes.

This aside, Scott is not the Devil either. I'm willing to bet everything that he really does care deeply for the program, and the players.

He's still a young head coach, and maybe he's trying too hard.

For sure he's made one heck of a mess so far, but it doesn't mean he won't clean it up.

It's just not very pretty right now, and so whatever flack he gets, I think some of it is well deserved, and some he has brought on himself and the team.

I guess what I am trying to say is, Scott is an average guy, trying to do above average things.

Most of us, fall into that category in some shape or form.
So true. We like to think of sports as simple entertainment, say a Saturday morning western or a melodrama.
  • There are the good guys, wearing the good-guy colors. YAY!
  • And those are the bad guys, wearing bad-guy colors. BOO! HISS? (Throwing popcorn and tomatoes)
In essence, there are very few pure heroes (Roberto Clemente, maybe) in athletics and very few pure villains (Sandusky, for sure).

at the Big 10 media days by saying he wished they could play Indiana every year since the program isn’t any good. IU’s AD is quoted in the Indy Star today saying the Nebraska staff didn’t respect IU, making yesterday’s victory even sweeter.

Is there any truth to this or any links or recollections of such statements or others like it by Frost or his staff?
Irrelevant since we handed your ass to you. Maybe u can beat the Broilers...doubtful tho.

Irrelevant since we handed your ass to you. Maybe u can beat the Broilers...doubtful tho.
Lol, what a great representative of hoosierland! Handed our ass to us? 38-31? If a 7 point victory is an ass whooping, you guys have sucked even more than I realized. That can only mean a close game for you is a 17-35 loss.

You are an idiot.

Reactions: Panther4ever89
Lol, what a great representative of hoosierland! Handed our ass to us? 38-31? If a 7 point victory is an ass whooping, you guys have sucked even more than I realized. That can only mean a close game for you is a 17-35 loss.

You are an idiot.
But...all your blathering still means...punked at home. Now go cuddle with mommy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT