ADVERTISEMENT

In our first National Championship, we had one tie much like with CU so...

BigRedBeliever

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 24, 2004
Dallas, Texas
most of you need to get over crying in your beer!!! In 1970 we tied USC and that is when team didn't play an overtime period.
Go and look at the games we played and won that year. It can be similar to this year. So keep the faith in your Huskers!

So without a credible OL, no kicker and a D that on top of inventing ways to stay on the field gave up 31 in like 17 minutes to a middle of the garbage PAC12 team..........oh nevermind - I do remember being at the Rice game, fwiw

d7c2045c29665a39b28b848c518cc733981b1acc

Are you seriously comparing this team to the 1970 Huskers? Are you seriously considering Colorado to the 1970 USC team, ranked #3 in the nation?

Reactions: HuskerO
Yes. The season isn't over yet so stop yelling out the sky is falling...
Things haven't started like we hoped, but I do agree that there's a lot of football to be played. Hopefully Frost can get us rolling. He did late last year. IMO he can do it again....if only we had an upperclassman stud we could move to center again....:(

Reactions: WHCSC
I'm hoping for more of a 1969-type year:
  • 2-2 after four games, losses to USC at home and Mizzou on the road
  • A string of close victories in conference (4, 10, 13, 14, 3 points)
  • A resounding victory in the season finale rivalry game (44-14 over Zero U.)
  • A big bowl game win over an SEC team

Reactions: scarletred
most will stop crying in their beer, if you'd hurry up and finish your kool-aid.

I'm hoping for more of a 1969-type year:
  • 2-2 after four games, losses to USC at home and Mizzou on the road
  • A string of close victories in conference (4, 10, 13, 14, 3 points)
  • A resounding victory in the season finale rivalry game (44-14 over Zero U.)
  • A big bowl game win over an SEC team
Id take that in a heartbeat.. which means we would see drastic improvemnet this year and carry momentum into next.. thats how it gets done. Frost hasnt forgotten how thats for sure..He needs our patience.. GBR

Just hoping we can hang on for dear life these next two games and get W's as we try to work the kinks out to avoid getting boat-raced by Ohio. Losing either of these next two would be brutal.

The phrase "national championship," or any allusion to one, should be banned from all Husker forums until such time that Nebraska wins at least eight games in a season. Which could be three years from now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT