ADVERTISEMENT

In Bill Snyder’s first Kansas State season. His team went 1-10

I might equate this more with Kirk Ferentz's first year. I think he took a team that went 3-8 the year before and they were 1-10 his first year. The next two years got a little better and I think by year 4 they were really good.

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard
Very, very interesting. There is a logical conclusion to this information. Which is, it means nothing. There is no connection. Actually, some people will say, "Well, Snyder had a much tougher task than Frost, K-State was the worst program ever." Could be true, but to me it seems like in today's environment there are no gimme W's. Frost has a lot more to work with than Snyder, but I think it's tougher to win on Saturday now than it was when Snyder took over.

Reactions: Jarofflies
Very, very interesting. There is a logical conclusion to this information. Which is, it means nothing. There is no connection. Actually, some people will say, "Well, Snyder had a much tougher task than Frost, K-State was the worst program ever." Could be true, but to me it seems like in today's environment there are no gimme W's. Frost has a lot more to work with than Snyder, but I think it's tougher to win on Saturday now than it was when Snyder took over.
For many years Snyder played absolutely nobody with a pulse in the non conference. It allowed his team to learn how to win some games before heading into the conference slate. He got a lot of criticism for scheduling 3 or 4 cupcakes every year once they got better.

i think it is undeniable that Frost has taken on the greatest rebuilding task in the history of college football or any sport for that matter.

Scratch that ... it is the biggest rebuilding task to ever present itself .... sports or otherwise.

i think it is undeniable that Frost has taken on the greatest rebuilding task in the history of college football or any sport for that matter.

Scratch that ... it is the biggest rebuilding task to ever present itself .... sports or otherwise.
AND couple that with the most brutal schedule in div 1 this year or at least it was at the beginning of the season

Bear Bryant at aTm, Saban at Alabama. Turning around a program is tough.

We are worrying too much about what alarmists are saying - and even most of the alarmists are only alarming in order to get a reaction.

Most of us figured we’d be 3-1 at this point. Instead, the problems with the program were worse than most people realized. It’s probably going to take longer than we want it to. But Frost didn’t suddenly become the wrong guy for the job. He remains Nebraska’s best chance to return to long-term prominence.

Ferentz was 1-10 his first year with very little talent. Year 2 they went 3-9 and you could see it taking shape.

You guys are light years ahead of that 1-10 team I saw in 99'. I think it will be a rough year but you will get some wins to build on for next year.

What I gathered from this thread is that some of you can’t wait to be KState or Iowa.
Yeah I don't think Iowa and Kst are where we want to be and probably not the best examples. Saban went 6-6 in his first regular season. Had 4 straight losses. Lost to Tenn 41- 17 Lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first year if that helps?

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think Iowa and Kst are where we want to be and probably not the best examples. Saban went 6-6 in his first regular season. Had 4 straight losses. Lost to Tenn 41- 17 Lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first year if that helps?

Bear Bryant went 1-9 his first year at aTm and 5-4-1 his first year at Alabama.

No kidding. At least Marshall didn't have to deal with Riley and Pelini toxins.

No kidding. At least Marshall didn't have to deal with Riley and Pelini toxins.

This is bigger than the football rebuild at Marshall ... this is more along the lines of the Marshall plan that directed the rebuild of Europe after WW2.

Any other coach out there would be 0-5 heading into this Purdue game rather than 0-3

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT