ADVERTISEMENT

I'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
Plus, as a bonus, we finally shut down a Bielema coached offense.

Thankfully our D was able to rebound after the Michigan game and the 1st drive tonight and really for the most part got stronger as the game went on, until Illinois got desperate and we played semi-prevent.

Offensively, with a young, inexperienced QB that doesn't have many WR playmakers, we need OL and RB's that don't make many mistakes. Instead it seems like they haven't even been coached and repeat mistakes.

Bowl game dream remains alive. We needed this win. Period.

Thankfully our D was able to rebound after the Michigan game and the 1st drive tonight and really for the most part got stronger as the game went on, until Illinois got desperate and we played semi-prevent.

Offensively, with a young, inexperienced QB that doesn't have many WR playmakers, we need OL and RB's that don't make many mistakes. Instead it seems like they haven't even been coached and repeat mistakes.

As far as wins go this one is Rosie O'Donnell waking up after an all-night bender

Me too but…got to be honest…watching Nebraska’s offense this year is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Is this offense worse than the 2009 offense?

IDK, it actually might be slightly better. I know that sounds crazy, but that 2009 team had the best defense in CFB that year. This defense is vastly improved, but nowhere near the best in CFB. JMO

IDK, it actually might be slightly better. I know that sounds crazy, but that 2009 team had the best defense in CFB that year. This defense is vastly improved, but nowhere near the best in CFB. JMO
True it (and maybe it’s my age and memory) think this year’s offense is uglier. JMO

Reactions: V-Doub
I remember the 2009 team almost needing the defense to score to win that year. 9-7 loss to Iowa st comes to mind. Worst game I ever watched. This game was giving me flashbacks 😂

True it (and maybe it’s my age and memory) think this year’s offense is uglier. JMO

I think this year’s offense is uglier, as in they make more stupid mistakes. But they also have the ability for big plays in the run game and are just good enough in the pass game to not make you vomit. 2009 team was not as turnover prone, but they just loved to go 3 and out then punt.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think this year’s offense is uglier, as in they make more stupid mistakes. But they also posses the ability for big plays in the run game and are just good enough in the pass game to not make you vomit. 2009 team was not as turnover prone, but they just loved to go 3 and out then punt.
Yah. Kind of Tomato/Tamato

Reactions: V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT