ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't see it in the first 24 games

It ain't happening. You don't have to win the conference or even the division, but you should see that you are well coached in year 2. Keeping Frost just delayed everything.
Exactly. But here is the problem... In this day and age big time college football is the cash cow that drives everything, Therefore, whoever an AD hires as football coach ties that AD's fate to that coach, given the millions and millions of dollars that are pledged to that coach with huge buyout clauses. There was NO WAY mister Moos was going to fire Frost after two years. There was too much at stake for him as AD to do that. However, all that said, the biggest mistake Moos made was granting Frost an extension on his contract. Huge fail. But my take on that is Moos was simply doubling down on his Frost bet and hoping against all evidence that Frost could pull it out.

Exactly. But here is the problem... In this day and age big time college football is the cash cow that drives everything, Therefore, whoever an AD hires as football coach ties that AD's fate to that coach, given the millions and millions of dollars that are pledged to that coach with huge buyout clauses. There was NO WAY mister Moos was going to fire Frost after two years. There was too much at stake for him as AD to do that. However, all that said, the biggest mistake Moos made was granting Frost an extension on his contract. Huge fail. But my take on that is Moos was simply doubling down on his Frost bet and hoping against all evidence that Frost could pull it out.
Moos knew about all Frost's weaknesses but didn't have the political capital to fire Frost. Hell even Trev, couldn't fire him last year. He had to wait till he had the go ahead.

Moos knew about all Frost's weaknesses but didn't have the political capital to fire Frost. Hell even Trev, couldn't fire him last year. He had to wait till he had the go ahead.
You are most likely correct in all of this. I am probably being too hard on Trev. However, the main thrust of my post is that whoever the hell it is that calls the shots dropped the ball big time in not firing Frost after year two. I get why they did not and then came Covid year. But certainly by the end of year four it should have been plainly obvious to the powers that be that Frost was not going to get it done. So I am agreeing with your original post that the signs were there very early on that Frost was going to fail and somebody should have done something about it much earlier on. Waiting until game three of year five to fire him was simply nonsensical.

Reactions: Hford
You are most likely correct in all of this. I am probably being too hard on Trev. However, the main thrust of my post is that whoever the hell it is that calls the shots dropped the ball big time in not firing Frost after year two. I get why they did not and then came Covid year. But certainly by the end of year four it should have been plainly obvious to the powers that be that Frost was not going to get it done. So I am agreeing with your original post that the signs were there very early on that Frost was going to fail and somebody should have done something about it much earlier on. Waiting until game three of year five to fire him was simply nonsensical.
Don't apologize for this program ****ing up, you're 100% correct. I was only trying to illustrate that a trusted guy like Trev didn't have the power to ice Frost last year, let alone an outsider like Moos.

It ain't happening. You don't have to win the conference or even the division, but you should see that you are well coached in year 2. Keeping Frost just delayed everything.
I think Frost should have been let go at the end of last year for sure. At the same time, was there a coach that we really wanted last year that we could have landed?

I think Frost should have been let go at the end of last year for sure. At the same time, was there a coach that we really wanted last year that we could have landed?
That right there is the million dollar question… Now that SF still received his extra 7.5M what was the real reason for the October 1st buyout just to see if we could have a 4-1 record..

That right there is the million dollar question… Now that SF still received his extra 7.5M what was the real reason for the October 1st buyout just to see if we could have a 4-1 record..
I think so. Everyone figured we would be 3-1 at the worst. 1-2 pretty much meant 1-3. Frost took the rope from Trev's life preserver and turned it into a noose.

Reactions: scarletred
As thorough as Trev Alberts is, I would not be at all shocked if there were feelers put out and no one really fit his vision. Firing Frost without a plan for his replacement is what happened with Solich, and Pelini. We saw how that worked out. Now he has 2plus months to get it right.

Political capital is the most BS concept out there. You either have influence or you don't.

I think if TA is the AD that hired Frost, Chins wouldn’t have seen a year 3, and maybe not Duval.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT