ADVERTISEMENT

IF Nebraska loses to cu, how upset will you be?

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
We all know it could happen, would it ruin a lot of interest for the rest of the season? Like everyone else, I hope Nebraska wins and does it in convincing fashion, but even by one point is still a victory.

But if they lose? What of Lazarus, what of Lazarus?

I have once put my wardrobe of Husker clothes in the fire..... I'll be that upset but older me won't go full retard. As for the season, I'll still be excited to see them improve and I'll still hope for 9+ wins. I'd have to imagine if CU wins they'll have earned it and they're better than we thought.
Last year I told a coworker after CU beat DONU, that CU didn't prove a thing because NU sucked. Told him Oregon would be the prove it game and I felt CU wouldn't go bowling. This time I don't get that NU sucks feeling so if CU wins it's because they're actually pretty good. I don't think they are soo...

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeater
I’ll be mad that the hollow Christian will be able to brag and taunt and beat his chest with a look at me, give me the bag I’m entitled to and my kids too mindset.

Then I’ll want the Huskers to at least get to 6 wins to get to a bowl game and break that curse at least.

I'm not sure. I used to get pissed off when we played poorly. However, we've been losing a lot under Riley and Frost. Not just mediocre. Bad. So, i am hopeful. Raiola seems like the real deal. If he is, I imagine us recruiting a couple of 5-star WRs soon. One will be a recruit and another may be in the next portal. They are going to be on the receiving end of Dylan's passes. Let's pray he doesn't get hurt. We haven't built up our depth at QB left. I hope that Danny matures into a capable backup.

In modern football if you have a top 5 QB you are always dangerous even if most the rest of your team is average. And they actually have good weapons

Very upset.

On paper, Nebraska should win fairly comfortably. Colorado has 3 or 4 star players. We have solid players at every position except kicker and maybe punter, linebacker and one corner, who might struggle. We have a 5-star QB and many highly rated players across the board. We have players who have been together for 2 years and all speak the same language as far as culture and goals. We have one of the largest support staffs in college football. We have players who have suffered together since November in mat drills, lifting, spring ball, summer lifting, fall camp, Selleck dorm, etc. We have cutting edge facilities and sports scientists. We will have close to 90K fans in the stands, many who will be going crazy. We are playing a program that is in many ways is dysfunctional.

If Nebraska loses, I may start thinking Matt Rhule is closer to the Carolina coach than the Temple/Baylor coach and I will be extremely disappointed.

I would be so mad I'd hate-fck your wives assuming they're hot enough for me to be willing to grace them with my presence.
s0I1WqQfEx3P2.webp

• Haha
Reactions: LightningJack
People are over confident on this one. I think Neb wins, but this is a 4-8 Colorado team. Not Ohio st. Calm down a bit. We played UTEP and didn't turn the ball over 10 times, so now we have turned the corner? Rhule has not proved shit so far. I want to see the wins on the field and not some rah-rah bullshit. Until I see it, I am not overly excited. Prove me wrong, Matt. i have seen this same song and dance for the last 8 years. I say we beat Colorado in a close game. Baby steps. String a bunch of wins together and then we can talk.

I will be pretty mad. Spent the night down at the Haymarket and at the Railyard. Glad I took Uber down there and back. Maybe I had a little too much fun.

Last edited:
I will seriously question if Rhule is the right guy if we lose this game and my interest level for the rest of the season will take a huge hit. It's life and death.
Basically.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I would be so mad I'd hate-fck your wives assuming they're hot enough for me to be willing to grace them with my presence.
Seek help soon and put down the Jack Daniels - and hide all firearms please. As Johnny said "lay off that whiskey and let that cocaine be..."

Biggest game in about 14 years. We need to win this one. I will be crushed if we lose. Big recruiting weekend. National spotlight. An opportunity to finally get a signature win and turn the corner on our decade of irrelevance. And the thought of losing to CU 4 years in a row makes me want to puke. So yeah … I will be royally pissed if we lose.,

Reactions: scarletred
Depends on how it happens. Colorado has a great qb and wr’s. If they’re just too much for us, I’m fine with that. No shame on losing to a team with two top 5 draft picks. If we turn the ball over, play sloppy and just haven’t changed from last year I’ll be pissed

Biggest game in about 14 years. We need to win this one. I will be crushed if we lose. Big recruiting weekend. National spotlight. An opportunity to finally get a signature win and turn the corner on our decade of irrelevance. And the thought of losing to CU 4 years in a row makes me want to puke. So yeah … I will be royally pissed if we lose.,
I can’t believe the question even needs to be brought up.. It’s plan as day for any of us hard core diehard fans..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I can’t believe the question even needs to be brought up.. It’s plan as day for any of us hard core diehard fans..
Sure is. This is definitely one of those program defining kind of games. You hate to be overly dramatic but that is the truth of things. We need to win this game to put the nail in the coffin of our decade of futility

I'm gonna drop-kick my neighbor's yard troll.

Then I'm going to limp back over to my garage and have more wings.

Depends on how we lose. If it's like last year and we don't even get off the bus and look like a competitive team? Very, very disappointed.

We all know it could happen, would it ruin a lot of interest for the rest of the season? Like everyone else, I hope Nebraska wins and does it in convincing fashion, but even by one point is still a victory.

But if they lose? What of Lazarus, what of Lazarus?
Very. Very, very. Extremely.

I’d be disappointed but move on to the next game, been gut punched to many times from the Riley and frost years it’s hard to keep getting off the canvas

The realist in me says that most predictions have it a one score game. A one score game can turn on a single turnover, funny bounce, or great play and, therefore, I shouldn't be too upset if it doesn't go our way. However, the realist in me recognizes that, if it doesn't go our way, I'll probably be looking up seppuku on the internet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT