ADVERTISEMENT

If I'm Mike Riley

schake89

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2008
I have been gritting my teeth for two years watching my QB miss routine swing passes that keep the offense efficient. But now that guy has to be salivating at what he has to work with.

See my opinion on Tommy is that he has governed our offense for the last two years. It's not just that he misses passes it's the passes he misses. Like yesterday... We run for 1 yd on first down. 2nd and 9 and we run a quick swing pass to westy and he has a guy out in front blocking. Problem is the ball sails over his head and now we are left with 3rd and 9.

If I'm Mike Riley I'm thinking " Tommy, it was there man. You have to hit that pass. I can't make it anymore elementary for you. I'm not asking you to do anything crazy. Just to complete the every day, routine, elementary level swing pass to get us 7 yds on 2nd down".

Things are about to change though. I'm sure I'll get killed for this but I don't get the Tanner Lee love fest yet. He has never completed over 60% of his passes in a year at any level of football including highschool. That just kinda tells me that that's what he is. About a 55%-59% passer. Certainly better than what we have but still not a high enough completion % for me to get excited about. Most of the time a 55% passer isn't gonna suddenly throw for 68%.

I am way more excited about guys like POB and Gebbia. To me completion% indicates how accurate you are. if I am right on that then POB and Tristan are very accurate. POB has thrown for 74% before while Gebbia completed 70% this year. I don't care that it's highschool because I feel like if there is one stat that translates to college its a guys completion %. Either they are accurate passers or they are not.

I for one can't wait to see these guys in action. I pray that we find a solid unit to put in front of them to block as well. Or else none of this matters (also a bit worried about our toughness in the run game but I think that will come with better line play). If we can just give these guys time this offense will be lethal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News