ADVERTISEMENT

If Greg Austin didn’t blow chunks…

Does Dylan Come to Lincoln?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
The suckage of his offensive lines may have been a blessing in disguise.

Why is Greg Austin catching heat? Full blame lies at Scott Frost's feet.

I remember there were rumors Austin nearly came to blows with Frost over philosophy. Remember that Austin is a disciple of one of the greatest OL coaches of all time in Bill Callahan.

You can side with Frost or you can side with Greg Austin, Wandale Robinson, Luke McCaffrey, Cam Jurgens, Adrian Martinez, et al. It's telling that almost all the best players left Frost before their time was up.

Why is Greg Austin catching heat? Full blame lies at Scott Frost's feet.

I remember there were rumors Austin nearly came to blows with Frost over philosophy. Remember that Austin is a disciple of one of the greatest OL coaches of all time in Bill Callahan.

You can side with Frost or you can side with Greg Austin, Wandale Robinson, Luke McCaffrey, Cam Jurgens, Adrian Martinez, et al. It's telling that almost all the best players left Frost before their time was up.
Our OL was horrible every year except maybe the second half of the first year when he finally played Farmer at Center but only because of injury.

I’m not a Frost defender. But his unhappiness with Austin and firing him after the season may be the one thing he actually got right.

Why does it matter at this point. History is fixed and can't be changed. We've beat the historical OL problems to death. Time to put them to rest already IMO regardless of who was responsible. That person(s) is no longer with us.
Bump. We're on the cusp of a new season and the team is undefeated - let's ride the optimism of that until there's reason not to. If/when that happens, there will be plenty of time to rehash all that's gone wrong with Husker football over the past 25 years.

Reactions: leodisflowers
If, If, If, If.....

Senate Judiciary Committee GIF by GIPHY News

Greg Austin has no business coaching an Offensive Line in little league let alone in Power 5 football. Offensive Line is the primary reason why we lost games under Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT