ADVERTISEMENT

If a 5* in 2019, what position?

Only one 5*, put him in the linebacking core. Make him an attacking outside or sideline to sideline inside playmaker.

Reactions: donahues17
I guess I don’t understand the line thing. We are rebuilding the pipeline and linemen will be developed. Wisconsin doesn’t recruit 5 Star Linemen

You have to find the difference makers at skill positions on offense, so I go with QB and an elite edge pass rusher on D, so I go with OLB.

If Nebraska was fortunate to get a 5* signing in the next class, what position do think would provide the best enhancement to the overall team for winning games based on the current players?

What Position on Offense?

What Position on Defense?

QB and DT every year to infinity. Maybe DE/OLB every 3rd year. GBR

So you’re saying we have no 4 star linemen on either side of the ball?

Too coin a phrase "If that's your best, your best won't do". The vast majority of teams in this country would answer the question the same way and you are a team attempting to play a 3-4 in a run first league. If you guys got a STUD in the middle you could build around that. Same can be said with a LT that gave the qb the confidence to never look over his shoulder.

I guess I don’t understand the line thing. We are rebuilding the pipeline and linemen will be developed. Wisconsin doesn’t recruit 5 Star Linemen

You have to find the difference makers at skill positions on offense, so I go with QB and an elite edge pass rusher on D, so I go with OLB.

Until they get the lines operating at a level that our skill players can operate with I’ll still go with linemen. Win in the trenches and you win the game, they make everyones job easier. The better we are there the better we are as a whole. OLB isnt a bad choice either considering it’s arguably the most important position in a 3-4..

Reactions: bigredhunter
Too coin a phrase "If that's your best, your best won't do". The vast majority of teams in this country would answer the question the same way and you are a team attempting to play a 3-4 in a run first league. If you guys got a STUD in the middle you could build around that. Same can be said with a LT that gave the qb the confidence to never look over his shoulder.

Those positions would be the common answer for everyone but that doesnt mean our problems exist there. We dont exactly know what we have up front to be honest other than what we seen in 2017. We can all say we’re lacking as we did about the defense in 2007 but turns out we had one of the best defensive units in college football for a couple of years after. Until I see what our new staff can can do with what we have then all I can offer is what I’d like to see.

Reactions: WHCSC
Defensively Id rather have a bad ass LB as they make the majority of tackles normally. DT would be a close second. Offensively probably RB with OL being a close second.

QB or DE. I think an offensive live unit is more important than individual talent (NU has even had superior talent on mediocre lines - typical of the Callahan years - and outstanding pipeline units from the 90s that were better as a whole than the individual parts). A great QB can energize an offense, and a great DE can be a disruptive force more so than any other defensive position.

A highly touted QB or RB usually won’t amount to much behind a sub par o-line. 5 Star QB Christian Hackenberg immediately comes to mind. Also look at Wisconsin. If you build a solid offensive line, the offense almost always will produce regardless of skill position talent or scheme.

I’d prefer a 5 star, Bama type recruit on the anywhere on the OLine.

Also give me a dominate Nose, DEnd, or Rush End/Outside Linebacker.
Note: I think we have the man for the job in 4 star, Caleb Tannor)

I really want a dominant end coming off the edge. A DT would work as well. For fun Ill go LB. Someone who will close up that second level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT