ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong

Haven’t watched the highlights yet, but I have to say my gut feeling is that this win didn’t feel great.

Reminded me of Riley’s good year when we squeaked by Indiana. We all knew a storm was coming when we played someone with talent.

Happy to get a win and put another week behind us, but this doesn’t feel like a great football team.

Go Big Red

I did not think the defense would be able to keep Rutgers in check. I really thought they would control the clock with quick passes and rushing.

The defense stood tall won this game today. I expected a 10 point loss today. The team deserves a week off and collect themselves. Good job boys.
I expected a win, they are soft against the run. I thought we should run the ball on them. Turns out we aren't a very good running team. Huskers have to get better in the run game in the 2nd half of the season.

Reactions: Dylman and HuskAir
I expected a win, they are soft against the run. I thought we should run the ball on them. Turns out we aren't a very good running team. Huskers have to get better in the run game in the 2nd half of the season.
I'm concerned not one of our running backs has the vision to run to space. I understand blocking is supposed to open a hole, but to have zero cut backs against a gap-filling Rutgers D is a little odd.

I'm concerned not one of our running backs has the vision to run to space. I understand blocking is supposed to open a hole, but to have zero cut backs against a gap-filling Rutgers D is a little odd.
This has been a concern from day 1. 4 average backs no Ameer Abdullahs, Rex Burkheads, and certainly no Lawrence Phillips, Mike Roziers, or Ahman Greens amongst others.

I understand why the NFL doesn't draft RBs high. Dime a dozen. Great RBs can still make a huge difference at the college level.

Haven’t watched the highlights yet, but I have to say my gut feeling is that this win didn’t feel great.

Reminded me of Riley’s good year when we squeaked by Indiana. We all knew a storm was coming when we played someone with talent.

Happy to get a win and put another week behind us, but this doesn’t feel like a great football team.

Go Big Red
Chasing 3, buddy. Chasing 3.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
OP Rutgers blows

The fact anyone took them seriously is a testament to how far we’ve fallen

So glad the B1G gives us these FCS teams mid year so we can work the kinks out before we play the big boys

GBR

As bad as our offensive coordinator is. Rutger's is worse. Rutgers RB was tearing us apart in the first 2 drives and then didn't get the ball in successive carries again in the entire game. Fluck that coach if you're a Scarlet Knight fan.
Or adjustments happened?

OP Rutgers blows

So glad the B1G gives us these FCS teams mid year so we can work the kinks out before we play the big boys

GBR
We haven't won 6 games since 2016 under Coach Riley. Of course this is big. Day by day...

OP Rutgers blows

GBR
We have fallen a long ways. 7 straight losing seasons how many big 10 games did we win over those years? Stop trying to discount the wins these last 2 weeks.

Reactions: bigboxes
We have fallen a long ways. 7 straight losing seasons how many big 10 games did we win over those years? Stop trying to discount the wins these last 2 weeks.
Nobody’s discounting anything

Wins are wins and you play the teams on your schedule

5-1 feels great

6-1 will be even better!

• Love
Some people on here seem unhappy that it wasn’t Ohio State and Penn State that we’ve just beaten. Unhappy it was over Purdue and Rutgers calling them FCS level teams.
They are.

Playing multiple doormats in oct/nov is a huge benefit of being in this conference

We’re beating the teams we’re supposed to for the first time in a long time.

Easy wins while being favored by a TD+ are something I’m ready to get used to again

They are.

Playing multiple doormats in oct/nov is a huge benefit of being in this conference

We’re beating the teams we’re supposed to for the first time in a long time.

Easy wins while being favored by a TD+ are something I’m ready to get used to again
The sad thing is we’ve resided in that group for a long time. Maybe we can seperate from the bottom 2/3 of the conference. Top 6 can we finish in there

As bad as our offensive coordinator is. Rutger's is worse. Rutgers RB was tearing us apart in the first 2 drives and then didn't get the ball in successive carries again in the entire game. Fluck that coach if you're a Scarlet Knight fan.
I see it differently. NU put Bullock on him as a spy, negating his ability to affect the game

Do you not think it had anything to do with defensive adjustments? It seemed me, at the least the game that was on my TV, we were missing tackles, not keeping leverage and missing the gang tackling that best describes our D. I think it was more about what we did than they did. He was getting stuffed after that first quarter.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT