ADVERTISEMENT

I truly believe this team is delusional.

dawills

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2002
You know I read some of the quotes after the game. Listen to some of the interviews. Man I just think these guys are in another solar system. "Breaks didn't come our way" this and that. "Things went our way better in the second half". Lets be real! You guys didn't come to play! You got dominated in every phase of the game. This was a game that should have been easy to get up for. Now I go back and forth on whose really more to blame about not being ready to go out and drop the hammer on the Hawkeyes. There are coaches that ARE the motivators. Then there are teams that have captains that give speeches before the game that get everyone juiced up. Brings me back to memories of TO talking about feeling pretty good about the teams week of practice only to be told by Christian Peter that the team wasn't ready to go during warm ups. He turned the locker room over to Christian and problem solved. There is a something amiss with these guys. Whoever's the one giving the pep talk is either not respected by his teammates or is a coach that sucks at giving a pregame speech. I'd be willing to bet team unity is still not even close to what it needs to be. If the guys giving speeches are getting their azz handed to them on a regular basis it's probably not going to be received well. Just my thoughts.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News