ADVERTISEMENT

I need your thoughts & prayers please

As most of you know I haven't been on here a lot lately and I normally don't do this. I will be stepping away till about the middle of November. I am checking into a facility for drug/alcohol abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse & PTSD. All of which I have suffered. I'm not asking for sympathy, empathy, or pity. Just your thoughts and prayers. GBR & see ya by Thanksgiving.

"thoughts"...sadly, might be nice for the 'thinker' of them....however they will do nothing for you Sparky....

However..."PRAYER"...in the name of Jesus Christ, can and will bring health, healing and hope into your life Sparky.

You are in my prayers.. here is a devotion for you to read and consider.

In Jesus Name.

more-than-conquerors.jpg

https://worldchallenge.org/devotion/life-satan-cannot-destroy

A LIFE THAT SATAN CANNOT DESTROY!
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)
September 20, 2018

As Jesus lay silent in the grave after his crucifixion, Satan and his hordes gloated. They thought they had won an irreversible victory but all along, God’s foreordained plan was being put into action — a plan for resurrection life!

The Lord sent his Holy Spirit down into the very bowels of death and there he quickened the body of Jesus, raising him from the dead. Then out of the grave stepped our blessed Savior, right through the thick stone. And he emerged with this testimony:

“I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death” (Revelation 1:18). Christ was saying here, “I am the one who has eternal life. I was dead, but look, I’m alive, now and forever. I hold the very keys to life and death in my hands!”

The moment Jesus walked out of death’s prison, he became the resurrection and the life, not only for himself but for all who would believe on him from that day on. He has brought forth to us a resurrection life totally beyond death’s power.

Because of this, there is no longer any reason for a Christian to fear death or to see it as an enemy. Our Lord has conquered it completely: “Whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death” (Acts 2:24).

If you have received Jesus as your Savior and Lord, then he resides in you as a mighty power of resurrection life. And the same resurrection power that brought him up out of the grave will sustain you, as well. “Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?” (2 Corinthians 13:5). You have within your being all that is in Christ, a powerful life-force that Satan cannot destroy!

As most of you know I haven't been on here a lot lately and I normally don't do this. I will be stepping away till about the middle of November. I am checking into a facility for drug/alcohol abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse & PTSD. All of which I have suffered. I'm not asking for sympathy, empathy, or pity. Just your thoughts and prayers. GBR & see ya by Thanksgiving.

You got this, Sparky! Well wishes and prayers sent.

Peace.

You will make it, and we will all be here when you get back. We may not always seem like friends on this board, but we are family and we are in your corner - good luck!

Good luck. As a dude who’s wife is a therapist, I am one of the biggest supporters of getting help. No shame in it. Go get it. We’re rooting for you.
Totally agree we're not in high school anymore nobody going to laugh or make fun of ya!!! We all have our faults

Good luck sparky, it takes a real man to own up. Good for you.

Best of luck and well wishes.

I have plenty of windshield time for prayers, Sparky. You and your family will be in them!

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you. Good fortunes to you on your road to sobriety.

Sparky, I will be praying for you. Call on our God and He will lift you up. I promise.

What you are doing is extremely brave. It is the hardest thing you will do in your life but will become the most valuable thing you have. You do not walk this road alone. My and my families prayers are with you.

Hey Sparky, best wishes to a speedy recovery. You can beat it, but admitting defeat is paradoxically the way to start.

I am coming up on 5 years, and can tell you that everything can be turned around. All of it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Reactions: sparky62
I will pray with you for you and against this entire spiritual battle you are facing. God Bless man

God's Grace is sufficient, "There is no condemnation for those in Christ"

You're a good dude, Sparky. It takes a lot of strength and courage to admit our problems to ourselves and loved ones, much less share them publicly. Now comes the part where you take those demons down for good.

You're in my thoughts. Stay strong and get well. See you soon!

Reactions: tpmcg and sparky62

Sparky...here a thought for you today....

""Sparky, I have good news for you! God is still a blessing God. In fact, the Bible could be characterized as a book revealing the Lord’s intense desire to bless every man and woman he has created. If this surprises you, just consider the fact that love always desires to bless the object of its affection — and remember that you are deeply loved by the Father.""

Rest in His love Sparky.....'trust' in it. You will NEVER be disappointed...never!

Go Big Red...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT