ADVERTISEMENT

I need to apologize to Webster

utrex

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2001
I said for two years that Webster was a total waste of a scholarship and Miles needed to get rid of him. I felt he would never contribute to the team. I am amazed at his performance this year. He's not a great player but he plays decent defense, hustles, and does add some points.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
01af2fb0-271b-3147-acd6-1c2d1a110a99
His dad was a badass!

Reactions: Cornicator
I said for two years that Webster was a total waste of a scholarship and Miles needed to get rid of him. I felt he would never contribute to the team. I am amazed at his performance this year. He's not a great player but he plays decent defense, hustles, and does add some points.

In perfect World, he should've been redshirted as a true freshmen. His athleticism was always suitable for this level. But after developing in New Zealand, his offensive skill set was not ready for American D1 college basketball.

In perfect World, he should've been redshirted as a true freshmen. His athleticism was always suitable for this level. But after developing in New Zealand, his offensive skill set was not ready for American D1 college basketball.

Only problem is this program doesn't have the luxury of being able to do that.

Still needs to improve his ball handling with either hand but he has come along way since his Freshman year.

I think he's had a really good year. He's been able to show everyone what he can do. I'm impressed with his first step and his strength going to the basket. If he can continue to improve from three point range, I could see him having a great senior season.

Good job owning up...that's not easy. I always felt that in D1 basketball, no one should comment on freshman play (even if they redshirt). More often than not, kids are completely different players after their first year playing (yes I know that Tai is a Junior)...

GBR

In the spirit of owning up, I also thought Webster was a wasted scholarship and that his head was so messed up that he'd never recover. Good on ya, Tai.

I do believe some others on this board also questioned whether Shields was our best player - and maybe not even top 3 players. Shavon says, I rest my case.

In the spirit of owning up, I also thought Webster was a wasted scholarship and that his head was so messed up that he'd never recover. Good on ya, Tai.

I do believe some others on this board also questioned whether Shields was our best player - and maybe not even top 3 players. Shavon says, I rest my case.
I think that Shavon is one of our best players, but not "THE" best player. Shields can get to the hoop and score, but I feel that in big moments he loses site there are other players on the team.

You know when he is gonna go to the hoop, and so does the team playing against him.

You line up Watson/Shields/White all being the same age, I take Watson and White every time... I may even take Morrow over him

this is the kind of thing that happens when you open your pie hole and you don't know what you are talking about. kudos for realizing this and stepping up, but if you just trusted the coaches, on what they see in practice, (football too) you wouldn't look like a fool.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
He's getting better. Still a headache at the end of games. Not a clutch free throw guy

I think it's more so a case of him finally starting to play up to his ranking coming in. I still think he is a little behind schedule.

I doubt many will agree but I honestly think Tai is the best player on this team. He defers to Shavon to control the offense, which is fine, but Tai can get to the hoop just as easily as Shields but adds the element of passing to open shooters. The other think Tai brings to the table is not just "pretty good" defense, but GREAT defense. He is a monster on defense.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Don't know about the best player on the team, but I am pretty certain he is the best athlete. For his size, his quickness is elite. work a little on his ball handling skills, and get a little more consistent on his jump shot, and he is a full fledged bad ass

At least you're here to eat crow. I've been on his side from the start and never left. He's the best athlete on the team and has always been able to drive the ball. Now he has the confidence to finish. He won't be a great player until he becomes a great shooter and with that hitch in his giddy up its doubtful he ever gets there.

I only hope White can make similar improvement. He's soft for a 6'8" player.

I doubt many will agree but I honestly think Tai is the best player on this team. He defers to Shavon to control the offense, which is fine, but Tai can get to the hoop just as easily as Shields but adds the element of passing to open shooters. The other think Tai brings to the table is not just "pretty good" defense, but GREAT defense. He is a monster on defense.

Well you are WRONG is all, Shevon is by far the best player but Tai is coming on for sure. He has that hitch in his shot that is preventing him from ever being a great shooter. Tai is a much better player than White-Hype.

We haven't seen a pure shooter like White in several years. His problem is that he isn't very effective at driving to the basket but if we can learn to create shots for him, he can be a 20 PPG guy. If you call that hype, I'd like you to point out how many 20 PPG players are in the league and then you can realize how lucky we are to have him.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
White is our best shooter, anyone that can't see that is blind.Smokin I agree he doesn't attach the basket as well as Shields did and Webster is improving driving to the bucket even though at times he should be giving it up or fast breaks to the player ahead of him instead of forcing the issue.

Tai is getting better but still turns the ball over too much and opponents would rather have him shoot outside then drive.

Shields was our best player he made 2nd team All-B1G did Webster or White.... Case closed.

We haven't seen a pure shooter like White in several years. His problem is that he isn't very effective at driving to the basket but if we can learn to create shots for him, he can be a 20 PPG guy. If you call that hype, I'd like you to point out how many 20 PPG players are in the league and then you can realize how lucky we are to have him.

Yea a guy can't be All B10 if he is unable to create his own shot and has to rely on the team to create shots for him.

Don't get me wrong he is a great for our team because he is one of the best pure shooters in the country. But with that body he should be able to be a more complete player than he is. I would have a rule for him in off season workouts and that is NO 3s. You drive, post up, etc. but no 3s. Shoot 500 of those on your own time.

Very few thought Tai would do anything at Nebraska. Looking back, it's unfortunate we weren't able to redshirt him, another dent against Sadler and the roster he left coach Miles. Oh well, very glad others are seeing what he's done this year, a huge jump, congrats Tai.

I know the announcers were all over how great Benny was playing but really the team was better off with Webster and Watson on the floor together by a wide margin. Webster may not be quite as quick as Benny but he is a much better defender because of his size and he can rebound. Webster is the best athlete on the team and White is a really good athlete but can't handle the ball real well and isn't real quick. He can really get off the floor and might be out best rebounder so I don't think soft is an accurate description.

I've always liked everything about Webster - except that in his first two seasons he couldn't put the ball through a hula hoop. He's still not a big-time scorer, but at least this year he's been a legitimate threat to score. Don't know if he's shaken off some butterflies or just improved his technique - but whatever it is, it's made a big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT