ADVERTISEMENT

I liked the turnovers

lookyzark

Jun 3, 2001
Thet sycked at the moment, but when i look back... This was the first time AM was npt playing scared. Je ran hard and took chances downfield. It showed the promise that had been lacking for 2 years.

Thet sycked at the moment, but when i look back... This was the first time AM was npt playing scared. Je ran hard and took chances downfield. It showed the promise that had been lacking for 2 years.
wow. Now that's spin. I do like that he was playing hard. He HAS to put the ball away in traffic though. That has cost us games over the past 2 years.

Somebody needs to teach Martinez how to turn a somersault. Why would you try to land on your face instead of tucking your head and rolling.

Austin did the same thing a couple of weeks ago when he was injured. He kept his eyes on the ground and whipsawed his neck instead of tucking his head and rolling.

IsGPFJJ.png

Reactions: BleedRed78
Scott is kind of developing some option ball. Add in some triple option please.

and agree with Dingle. He needs to hold onto the ball. But he’s running way better than last year
We ran a little triple option out of split backs. Mills on the dive, Wandale on the pitch. It’s a tough look, I wish we would use more.

For the life of me I do not know we don’t run that play a half a dozen times in games..Stick to what you have success with Frost..
It was really working, a couple of Mills long runs were on it, AM and Wandale drew so much attention, there were huge holes in the middle.

Rutgers made a big mistake and broke the rule when playing Nebraska. Play some coverage, they tried some man to man and Wandale and Adrian took advantage of it.

Scott is kind of developing some option ball. Add in some triple option please.

and agree with Dingle. He needs to hold onto the ball. But he’s running way better than last year
There was a play in the 4th quarter where he was running to the right and had open field. The safety was coming right at him. He looped around to the right of his blocking receiver and then ducked out of bounds. Cost himself 10 yards it appeared by not willing to run toward the danger. Not saying he had to lower a shoulder, but it the optics of his decision were not good. Looked like he was gassed and not up for taking a hit. Someone else would have tried to put a move on that safety.

Reactions: oldjar07
For the life of me I do not know why we don’t run that play a half a dozen times in games..Stick to what you have success with Frost..
Agree, assuming the A gap is not being molested, which it is far to often. Really, you guys can't block for 1 second? RollingLaugh

There was a play in the 4th quarter where he was running to the right and had open field. The safety was coming right at him. He looped around to the right of his blocking receiver and then ducked out of bounds. Cost himself 10 yards it appeared by not willing to run toward the danger. Not saying he had to lower a shoulder, but it the optics of his decision were not good. Looked like he was gassed and not up for taking a hit. Someone else would have tried to put a move on that safety.

3:35 left in the third and he looked dumb doing it.

Reactions: oldjar07
Somebody needs to teach Martinez how to turn a somersault. Why would you try to land on your face instead of tucking your head and rolling.

Austin did the same thing a couple of weeks ago when he was injured. He kept his eyes on the ground and whipsawed his neck instead of tucking his head and rolling.

IsGPFJJ.png

RollingLaugh He did the same thing in the 4th quarter. He kind of thought about diving or somersaulting and ended up in between the two and landed on his face.

I saw this too. I was wonderimg wby he moved to the outside. He could have made that guy miss.

IsGPFJJ.png
This was about the goofiest football play I've seen in awhile. It's right up there with the Caleb Lightbourne kickoff that went backwards. I don't know why he was even trying to dive in the first place. He was bigger than the dude trying to hit him. It's not like the defender even had a good angle. Just take the hit and use your momentum to pull you forward for an extra yard or two. Would have been just as likely to get the first that way.

I saw that and I was pissed. Easily could have had another 10 yards just from momentum alone. There was even a path to the right he could have taken where if he gets past the safety, it would have been a touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT