ADVERTISEMENT

I know you guys are sold on Frost but Nebraska

I'd stay at ISU if I were him. They have great fans who are thrilled if they just make a bowl game. His spread offense is a good fit for that league, and he's proven he can play with the big boys in the Big 12.

He would come to nebraska, but then he has three 10 win seasons and leaves for USC, TEXAS, LSU...we were successful in 70-90s because we had coaches who were good but not demanding promotion. If Bo was decent he would have left us in 2011 for Ohio state.

Reactions: otismotis08
He would come to nebraska, but then he has three 10 win seasons and leaves for USC, TEXAS, LSU...we were successful in 70-90s because we had coaches who were good but not demanding promotion. If Bo was decent he would have left us in 2011 for Ohio state.
What would be wrong with that? At this point you wouldn't take a coach that will get you back to winning 10+ games for a couple years? It would put Nebraska back on the map as far as being a good landing spot.

P.S. I doubt Campbell would leave Nebraska if he was having success there.

What would be wrong with that? At this point you wouldn't take a coach that will get you back to winning 10+ games for a couple years? It would put Nebraska back on the map as far as being a good landing spot.

P.S. I doubt Campbell would leave Nebraska if he was having success there.
I don't think he would put up with Nebraska fans. He is pretty much no nonsense type of guy. I was at ISU game yesterday and set in front of Nebraska season ticket holders. Terrible to watch a game around. Some Cyclone fans asked them why they were there if all they could do is complain. They said they came to see Campbell because Frost wasn't coming to Lincoln. The Nebraska fans said they didn't think Campbell would work in Lincoln. Team missed to many tackles and dropped too many passes. Boy I wasn't proud to be a Husker at that point. Cyclone muttered something like pompous idiot

I don't think he would put up with Nebraska fans. He is pretty much no nonsense type of guy. I was at ISU game yesterday and set in front of Nebraska season ticket holders. Terrible to watch a game around. Some Cyclone fans asked them why they were there if all they could do is complain. They said they came to see Campbell because Frost wasn't coming to Lincoln. The Nebraska fans said they didn't think Campbell would work in Lincoln. Team missed to many tackles and dropped too many passes. Boy I wasn't proud to be a Husker at that point. Cyclone muttered something like pompous idiot
If he went three straight years winning 10+ games, would Nebraska fans be all over him? I would certainly hope not.

I’ve observed we can only be serious about one of our own. :D
Craig Bohl. Let's be serious about him. Built NDSU into the monster it is and even Wyoming is already a good team. His QB is considered a high draft pick and of course his last NDSU QB is an NFL star. He also knows the run game and olines. They beat up everybody. Ok, he's 59, but still younger than Riley was.

Last edited:
Craig Bohl. Let's be serious about him. Built NDSU into the monster it is and even Wyoming is already a good team. His QB is considered a high draft pick and of course his last NDSU QB is an NFL star. He also knows the run game and olines. They beat up everybody. Ok, he's 59, but still younger than Riley was.
Could do much worse

I have brought Bohl up before as well,

He is from Lincoln basically the same age as myself..
If he is the choice then Moos really screwed up or nobody wants the Nebraska Job because he would be down Moos list...

Everyone bitches about getting beat by Colorado in 2001 well quess who was the defensive coordinator at Nebraska that year...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
would be absolutely crazy not to at least take a hard look at the guy from Iowa State.

I don't know. First and goal inside the 5, need a TD to tie and you have been running the ball at will. ISU throws 2 passes, the 2nd gets intercepted and the game is over. Sound like familiar play calling ?

I don't know. First and goal inside the 5, need a TD to tie and you have been running the ball at will. ISU throws 2 passes, the 2nd gets intercepted and the game is over. Sound like familiar play calling ?

Too be fair ISU had no time outs with less :40 seconds.

Running at will? Is NU that bad that you thought that was running at will? Okay play-call, poor throw, great catch, poor review.

Regardless, he’s not leaving for NU. Good luck to NU in their efforts to rebuild. I hope you can get lucky and land Frost. The Big 10 West is about as easy of a path to the CFP as a coach could hope for.

Nebraska is a little more than a bad season - have you been watching the past 15 years?
Yes and look at the other open jobs, they are open for a reason. We have had issues, but have also had some success with some D-list type coaches.

To most recruits, there is really no difference between 100 years and 18 years. All that matters is what can be done in the next 4-5 years. Sorry, ISU beats us there.
No they don’t. This has been their only decent season and they will still end up with a record like we had last year and every year under Pelini (best case for them).

The Okie St defender had possession first and maintained throughout. Proper call that was rightly confirmed.

Too many burnt bridges and closet skeletons for Bohl to come back.
That’s blatantly false, but oh well. I like the future and where the program is headed.

NU will have success if they hire the right coach. Football is still about evaluating kids that you can successfully develop into fundamentally sound players. Recruits that do not develop, even if very good in high school will get coaches fired. That can happen anywhere, or not happen anywhere.

Serious question: How do you know that for 100% certain?
It’s a Husker message board. No one worries about knowing anything for certain before stating something as fact. Seen it at least 50 times alone in the past hour.

This is why social media sucks. People assume they have a meaningful voice or that their gut or version of fact is right. Always.

So you want a coach that's not good enough for elite programs to try and steal

So you want a coach that's not good enough for elite programs to try and steal

Heh, if he came here and the elite programs were trying to steal him then that means he's successful and would leave for very few places. Yeah I think I'll take that in a coach.

To most recruits, there is really no difference between 100 years and 18 years. All that matters is what can be done in the next 4-5 years. Sorry, ISU beats us there.

And let Matt Campbell and any recruit take a little tour of the campus and the facilities of Nebraska and see how Iowa St measures up. Good grief.....

And let Matt Campbell and any recruit take a little tour of the campus and the facilities of Nebraska and see how Iowa St measures up. Good grief.....
That campus walk would be very special in December while Nebraska stays home and ISU is bowling!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT