ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Urban Meyer and tOSU learned a very valuable lesson...

Larry Hagman's Liver

Defensive Coordinator
Nov 18, 2004
In Transit
The punishment was pretty harsh, potentially career and program altering, but it looks like the embattled coach, AD and school will pull themselves up by their bootstraps while salvaging the season and upholding The University's values of "Integrity, Transparency and Trust."

I can't wait to see a new, liberated HCUM return to the sidelines next weekend. I hope he can put his contrition and sorrow aside long enough to lead his young student-athletes against Tulane.

images

It shows you what talent does. I think they would win most, if not all, their games this year without a head coach.

Reactions: IUHusker
I don't know how a Tom Osborne worshipper can say anything about Ohio State football fans. Yeah they are rabid, fanatical and overlook domestic assault but choose to hold a rally for the man.

Oh, maybe you should look at all the scandals involving the Husker glory days. Urban didn't even do anything legally wrong, it's just hearsay.

Don't start this crap unless you can admit your own faults. You have plenty .
Creative. I never mentioned scandal or ethics. I just mentioned the whole people of Ohio in general and how it must suck to be you.

Creative. I never mentioned scandal or ethics. I just mentioned the whole people of Ohio in general and how it must suck to be you.
You posted in a thread about ethics. Hey skerinCo, you live in Colorado. Why did you move? If you are a native there you might want to consider not all those buckeye idiots are bandwagon fans. They may just love their team the same way you love yours.

News Flash, I am not a Buckeye fan. In fact I love to mock them as much as you do. Hypocrites bother me though, none of our football greats are there to be role models. If you think your coach is a saint then you are highly gullible. Tom Osborne was a great coach, he had skeletons though. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Way to mock a large group of people you don't know because they support a different sports team. Nice fanhood, your life must really suck if that is all you have to fall back on.

Reactions: Sinomatic
The Buckeye swarm is large out here in Arizona as well. There is a sizeable Husker coalition here as well, in fact they outnumber the amount of Sun Devil fans.

Both groups are mostly great people, so I don't understand the need to unfairly denigrate a large group of people. I do it jokingly, but some of you all are some bitter humans. It is just a football game folks.

I don't know how a Tom Osborne worshipper can say anything about Ohio State football fans. Yeah they are rabid, fanatical and overlook domestic assault but choose to hold a rally for the man.

Oh, maybe you should look at all the scandals involving the Husker glory days. Urban didn't even do anything legally wrong, it's just hearsay.

Don't start this crap unless you can admit your own faults. You have plenty.

We did look at our own scandals and transgressions when they first occurred... 23+ years ago. We acknowledged our faults then and have continued to do so repeatedly as the lessons are important to remember and, for some reason, people like you keep bringing them up as though they're current issues.

It may have been hearsay, but the handling of the situation was worse than the situation itself. Either one of Urban or Smith had to go (or somebody for crying out loud), or neither of them should have been punished. Either one (or both) lied, didn't act on the info, condoned it, tried to cover up it up, etc., or nobody did anything wrong at all. If both were in the right, why should either have served a suspension at all?

News Flash, I am not a Buckeye fan. In fact I love to mock them as much as you do. Hypocrites bother me though, none of our football greats are there to be role models. If you think your coach is a saint then you are highly gullible. Tom Osborne was a great coach, he had skeletons though. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Way to mock a large group of people you don't know because they support a different sports team. Nice fanhood, your life must really suck if that is all you have to fall back on.

Husker fans love TO for what he accomplished but most of us don't view him as a saint. Many are also not huge fans of his tenure as AD. If you've spent any time on this board, you'd know those things. If the people of Nebraska are so blindly loyal to the man, why didn't they elect him as Governor?

I think your last comment was in reference to another poster, but you should listen to your own advice. Don't come to the board of another fan base and assume you know how they think and feel. We can call out the bullshit at tOSU just like anyone else and we don't need permission from the morality police.

Last edited:
If UM learned anything it would be how to improve his coverup tactics. He's a douche--expect nothing else from him.

The punishment was pretty harsh, potentially career and program altering, but it looks like the embattled coach, AD and school will pull themselves up by their bootstraps while salvaging the season and upholding The University's values of "Integrity, Transparency and Trust."

I can't wait to see a new, liberated HCUM return to the sidelines next weekend. I hope he can put his contrition and sorrow aside long enough to lead his young student-athletes against Tulane.

images
Oh yeah, forgot that he comes out of time out next week. Suffering servant, for sure. #himtoo

images
I think Urban learned he's still the boss at tOSU and can get away with things that would get other guys fired.

I see the Buckeye fan in this thread takes after his head coach or Smith. It must be wonderful going through life being a smart ass to others.

images

I wonder if he has his story straight, yet.

As an aside, I'm surprised no one has yet commented on "HCUM" as Urb's official acronym.

I hadn't noticed it myself until I first typed it ITT, but then, all of the sudden, everything clicked and it seemed obvious and natural, as though it was somehow meant to be...

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT