ADVERTISEMENT

I Betcha Tim Miles Is Back Next Year As Nebraska Head Coach

I’m willing to meet you at Hyvee anytime if you would like to discuss this in person. Is that little league enough for you;) lol

I have read enough of your posts to know you regurgitate knowledge from this board and pretend to have original thoughts. I’m good with any HyVee, just let me know which one is within biking distance or close enough that your mom can drop you off.

Reactions: Jmhone
I have read enough of your posts to know you regurgitate knowledge from this board and pretend to have original thoughts. I’m good with any HyVee, just let me know which one is within biking distance or close enough that your mom can drop you off.

156th and maple of course. Your wife can drop me off so we are good.

156th and maple of course. Your wife can drop me off so we are good.

Maple. Oh snap. You are and OPS kid. This all makes sense now.

You're an idiot. Miles is gone man. Moos is gonna hire his guy. At the beginning of the season miles was basically told he had to win a ncaa tournament game to keep his job. Not just make the dance. Why is this so hard for you to understand.

You do not know what Moos factually said to Miles. No one on this board is privy to that specific conversation. Lots of speculation and people acting like they know more than they do. Folks are getting themselves worked up over lynching Miles so much, they are setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment should he remain the coach.

Reactions: ts2317
You're an idiot. Miles is gone man. Moos is gonna hire his guy. At the beginning of the season miles was basically told he had to win a ncaa tournament game to keep his job. Not just make the dance. Why is this so hard for you to understand.

You do not know what Moos factually said to Miles. No one on this board is privy to that specific conversation. Lots of speculation and people acting like they know more than they do. Folks are getting themselves worked up over lynching Miles so much, they are setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment should he remain the coach.

Moos is leary of the mid major route again which might be Mike’s saving grace. Hoiberg is listening though, so nothing is set in stone.

Reactions: Gooniesneversaydie
By your rationale, we probably should get a worse coach....amirite? What's the point of paying someone $2.5MM if we don't care if they win....shit, we can pay less if we don't care

Exactly...I’ll take the job of a non-winning, ineffectual, nerdy, in over my head, incompetent coach...and I’ll do it for $500 K a year.

Reactions: argon
Miles is guaranteed another winning season. He did it this year while decimated by injury.

With 2 more wins, he’s got back to back 20 win seasons.
If he has 3 more wins, how many does that make?

With 9 more wins we’ll be national champs...

This team is decimated by injury and playing for pride and their coach. I don’t anticipate them getting by Maryland today, much less moving further but you have to be impress with how much grit they have shown.

There should be little doubt in how the players feel about Miles at this point. Them playing with that level of determination shows they are trying to save his job...

Let’s let the fire Miles talk die for one day and root for this team. We can pick up the hate again tomorrow.

Miles is guaranteed another winning season. He did it this year while decimated by injury.

Also - for those of you not as smart as @Rufus Barchetta

We currently sit at 17-15. If we win 2 more games, i THINK that puts us at 19-15. I'll have to check my math.

I still think 19 < 20.

The alligator eats the bigger number Rufus

This team is decimated by injury and playing for pride and their coach. I don’t anticipate them getting by Maryland today, much less moving further but you have to be impress with how much grit they have shown.

There should be little doubt in how the players feel about Miles at this point. Them playing with that level of determination shows they are trying to save his job...

Let’s let the fire Miles talk die for one day and root for this team. We can pick up the hate again tomorrow.
Why didn't they play with that "level of determination" in January and February, when they still could have saved his job? To little to late, Miles is gone. Hope the walkon hustle shown the last two games can get us by Maryland.

Reactions: argon

Why didn't they play with that "level of determination" in January and February, when they still could have saved his job? To little to late, Miles is gone. Hope the walkon hustle shown the last two games can get us by Maryland.

Teams get hot, and teams get cold. When you go cold and lose your (in my opinion) best player, you slump even more. Palmer presses too hard, Roby pressed too hard.

Coaches can’t make their layups and dunks for them. We were one of the worst teams in the country in that regard. Coaches put you in the position to succeed, you still need to be confident enough to execute...

Again, I don’t disagree with almost on here. My only opinion is that we don’t want another hot mid major coach. If we can’t get an established P5 coach with a history of winning, or a top assistant from another school you keep Miles for another year for transition. A mid major coach who has never recruited or run the gauntlet at this level is a very bad fit for a full rebuild.

Teams get hot, and teams get cold. When you go cold and lose your (in my opinion) best player, you slump even more. Palmer presses too hard, Roby pressed too hard.

Coaches can’t make their layups and dunks for them. We were one of the worst teams in the country in that regard. Coaches put you in the position to succeed, you still need to be confident enough to execute...

Again, I don’t disagree with almost on here. My only opinion is that we don’t want another hot mid major coach. If we can’t get an established P5 coach with a history of winning, or a top assistant from another school you keep Miles for another year for transition. A mid major coach who has never recruited or run the gauntlet at this level is a very bad fit for a full rebuild.

or 3 pointers, or passes....or rebounds...

or 3 pointers, or passes....or rebounds...

Talent is on the coach in recruiting yes, but I don’t know how a better coach could get them to make layups... we missed 2 dunks in the early part of yesterday’s game.

Maybe a better coach could loosen them up, but a team psychologist may be the better answer.

Not defending Miles, he was brought in as a mid major coach with no name who had to learn on the job how to, and how not to build a P5 roster. Basketball recruiting is a 3 year process just to get a high schooler to sign... unless we get a name coach we’re in for a really rough sadler like year next year.

Talent is on the coach in recruiting yes, but I don’t know how a better coach could get them to make layups... we missed 2 dunks in the early part of yesterday’s game.

Maybe a better coach could loosen them up, but a team psychologist may be the better answer.

Not defending Miles, he was brought in as a mid major coach with no name who had to learn on the job how to, and how not to build a P5 roster. Basketball recruiting is a 3 year process just to get a high schooler to sign... unless we get a name coach we’re in for a really rough sadler like year next year.
Dude - you have been defending Miles in this thread for 2 days.

We are likely in for a Sadler year next year regardless....or a Miles 2014/2015 ( we lost to Incarnate Word this season, let that sink in for a minute) season....or a Miles 2016/2017 (This season gave us a loss to Gardner Webb)....those were also horrendous.

INCARNATE WORD!??!

Last edited:

We keep Miles, we are in for a really rough Miles like year. I'd rather start the rebuild now then wait. Miles is not the answer the sooner we move on the better.

Dude - you have been defending Miles in this thread for 2 days.

We are likely in for a Sadler year next year regardless....or a Miles 2014/2015 season....or a Miles 2016/2017....those were also horrendous.

No I’m saying that another mid major coach with no experience will set us backwards again. Hire P5 or keep him.

Bring a mid major coach in at a place like NEBRASKA is a long term investment. Dumping the stock now only makes sense if you have a better buy.

No I’m saying that another mid major coach with no experience will set us backwards again. Hire P5 or keep him.

Bring a mid major coach in at a place like NEBRASKA is a long term investment. Dumping the stock now only makes sense if you have a better buy.
Can't go much more backwards, It's like dumping Blockbuster stock. Time to turn the page and try again, at least then there is hope. Would you be excited or even interested if Miles is retained? I'm ready to try the next mid-major gamble, as that is where the majority of major conference HCs come from.

Can't go much more backwards, It's like dumping Blockbuster stock. Time to turn the page and try again, at least then there is hope. Would you be excited or even interested if Miles is retained? I'm ready to try the next mid-major gamble, as that is where the majority of major conference HCs come from.

Just don’t dump your blockbuster stock to buy holleywood video...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I maintain hiring an established P5 coach is the only scenario that will yield results. Or give Miles another year. If he fell flat on his face it would be an easier sell to the coaching community.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I maintain hiring an established P5 coach is the only scenario that will yield results. Or give Miles another year. If he fell flat on his face it would be an easier sell to the coaching community.

See I totally disagree with you on this buff. There are many mid major coaches that could be home run hires fore us. If we aren’t will to take a chance then we really aren’t willing to fully commit to having a good basketball program. Keeping miles would be the definition of insane to me.

I think this has run its course and we disagree, no reason for me to restate my opinion. We will see what happens, and hope we can beat Maryland today.

See I totally disagree with you on this buff. There are many mid major coaches that could be home run hires fore us. If we aren’t will to take a chance then we really aren’t willing to fully commit to having a good basketball program. Keeping miles would be the definition of insane to me.

Taking a chance on Miles for another year is a safer bet in my opinion... look at the big hires from the last few years at that level. John Groce didn’t even have Miles level of success and Shaka Smart has been a bust. There are 3 mid major coaches I would consider and all are tier to higher level programs than NU already.

We already know the results with Miles......that is 100% certain......how can u say with 100% certainty that another Midmajor coach won't be able to provide a non Helter skelter offense, or draw up an even remotely effective inbounds play or bring in even a half wise capable highschool big man? We know what we have in Miles....we are 13th in the league with his supposedly most talented team......why so scared of a change?

Reactions: Mtnhusker

We already know the results with Miles......that is 100% certain......how can u say with 100% certainty that another Midmajor coach won't be able to provide a non Helter skelter offense, or draw up an even remotely effective inbounds play or bring in even a half wise capable highschool big man? We know what we have in Miles....we are 13th in the league with his supposedly most talented team......why so scared of a change?

Not scared of change, just someone who wants to ensure the change is actually for the better. If you can bring in a known quantity you do, if not you dump Moliari and retool some support staff... This is not an attractive job right now. Without this year’s class coming in a new coach will be starting with a patchwork group. If they don’t have the NAME to recruit out of the gate you are looking at 3 years to catch up in relationship building to sign Freshman while the product on the court gets worse.

I’m on board if Moos can lure a Hoiberg or a Lue... we need a NAME at this point.

Taking a chance on Miles for another year is a safer bet in my opinion... look at the big hires from the last few years at that level. John Groce didn’t even have Miles level of success and Shaka Smart has been a bust. There are 3 mid major coaches I would consider and all are tier to higher level programs than NU already.

Miles is a good guy who just doesn’t deserve another year. Being Nebraska nice shouldn’t get you 8 years and 1 ncaa bid, 1 game over 500 and even a worse b10 record. It’s time to give someone else a shot. If you think the noise around the program to fire miles is bad this yearthwn bring him back and it will be 10 times worse next year.

Not scared of change, just someone who wants to ensure the change is actually for the better. If you can bring in a known quantity you do, if not you dump Moliari and retool some support staff... This is not an attractive job right now. Without this year’s class coming in a new coach will be starting with a patchwork group. If they don’t have the NAME to recruit out of the gate you are looking at 3 years to catch up in relationship building to sign Freshman while the product on the court gets worse.

I’m on board if Moos can lure a Hoiberg or a Lue... we need a NAME at this point.
I do get what you are saying with wanting a name coach. But when there are few options of actually getting one and the deficiencies are so glaring with the coach that we have combined with the 7 years of proof of ineptitude, how does it hurt to roll the dice? Like I said, what are we scared of finishing 14th rather than 13th? I would be on board with keeping Tim for another year, if he proved that he could be a halfway competent offensive or defensive guy, but 75% of the time we look like we play street ball with really no identity or plan.

7 years is long enough to know....sorry....we aren't building Rome.

I know you are trolling but the whole 20 win season thing feels just like the old Pelini 9 win rallying cry. Wins don't mean much when you crap your pants when the lights come on.

Reactions: Mtnhusker
I know you are trolling but the whole 20 win season thing feels just like the old Pelini 9 win rallying cry. Wins don't mean much when you crap your pants when the lights come on.
That and he must be missing a toe because he can't actually count to 20.

Reactions: Brasky Pants

In the last 20 years Nebraska has had 2 20 win seasons total, and this would be the 7th out of the last 20 at 18 or more wins.

His career record is misleading because his losing seasons have been dumpers and his winning ones have been solid. Hell, this year and last year already combine for more wins in consecutive seasons since 98.

By Nebraska standards he has beaten every expectation outside of the 90’s. We have been trying to get back to the 90’s for 20 years and this is the closest we’ve gotten... Tim hasn’t failed to win, he’s failed to build a program that reloads instead of rebuilds.

Next year would be the test of sustainability and plan.

I know the pitch forks are out, and Moos will have to do something due to public pressure, but all on here wanting him removed lose the right to complain about the next guy...

In the last 20 years Nebraska has had 2 20 win seasons total, and this would be the 7th out of the last 20 at 18 or more wins.

His career record is misleading because his losing seasons have been dumpers and his winning ones have been solid. Hell, this year and last year already combine for more wins in consecutive seasons since 98.

By Nebraska standards he has beaten every expectation outside of the 90’s. We have been trying to get back to the 90’s for 20 years and this is the closest we’ve gotten... Tim hasn’t failed to win, he’s failed to build a program that reloads instead of rebuilds.

Next year would be the test of sustainability and plan.

I know the pitch forks are out, and Moos will have to do something due to public pressure, but all on here wanting him removed lose the right to complain about the next guy...
Just checking.....this is you NOT defending him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT