ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve missed OU and the Big 8/12

I once had a flat tire on the Interstate in Iowa, and before we could even get the cover off of the spare tire in the trunk, three people had stopped to ask if we needed help. True story. Don't act like the people of Iowa are any different that your neighbors in Nebraska, because they aren't.

I once had a flat tire on the Interstate in Iowa, and before we could even get the cover off of the spare tire in the trunk, three people had stopped to ask if we needed help. True story. Don't act like the people of Iowa are any different that your neighbors in Nebraska, because they aren't.
Of course they responded quickly, it's true they're literally out just wandering around. The question is, were any of the 3 who stopped smart enough to figure out a tire change? I hope you offered to buy some of their field corn. :p

I think all rural states the people are friendly and want to help, you get closers to the bigger cities and not so much, do take this the wrong way plenty of good friendly people in the big cities its just they are more cautious about helping someone because lack of trust in the other person. Us country folks are a little more gullible cuz we grew up that way help the person with car trouble or out of gas but as times change were becoming more cautious which is sad

I went to the game with some friends, it was a blast. I am guessing I was the most annoying/rude fan at the game and I was not even that bad.

I have no clue how many Husker fans were there but I would guess 30,000 (maybe not in the stadium but we did buy tickets 2 hours before kickoff for 50 dollars)

Everyone was nice and the closest thing to a "bad" fan (and they were not bad) were some frat guys yelling out something about losing, but it was more in jest.

Reactions: headcard
Who’s laced with racist coaches pedophilia schools sexual abusers but still walk around with their nose in the air were better than all the rest of the conferences bunch of freaking hypocrites. To bad Texas ruined the big 12
You’ve heard of Baylor right?

Who’s laced with racist coaches pedophilia schools sexual abusers but still walk around with their nose in the air were better than all the rest of the conferences bunch of freaking hypocrites. To bad Texas ruined the big 12
UT did not ruin it, the other pussy schools ruined it.

Texas just said what they wanted and the lame ass schools that were scared of them for some reason went along with it.

I believe Iowa football fans and most fan bases in the B1G are MUCH different.

If Nebraska would’ve been more successful, we would be smug as hell and not looking back. Everyone was ready, me included, to walk into the BIG and see success. I too miss playing OU, but F the rest of the BIG 12. Our angst now is built on failure, and to a certain extent, embarrassment. Let’s turn that around and the potential BIG rivalries will mean more.

Reactions: wkato
To me the Big 10 and Big 12 are pretty much the same, except like michigan isn't wanting to take 5 other schools to the Pac 10 and leave us hanging. to me that's the main difference.

NU vs 0u rivalry ended with the Big 8, because that's what it was, for the Big 8 championship.
if we take care of our end I'm sure we will see them in a bowl or maybe have a home and away every 20 years.

although you never know, if we get into the 32 team disney/espn/sec pipe dream league, maybe we will be in the same division

Till then our focus is iowegians, badgers, and gopher types

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT