ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical Portal Scenarios

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
Please leave your possible iNoming portal scenarios here.

#1. Hausmann back to NU when Harbaugh goes back to the NFL. His motivation: "I want to play for this awesome defense."

• Haha
Reactions: TFrazier
Rhule has a rule that if and in state player doesn’t pick Neb, they aren’t welcome back.

Hausman would not be welcome.

Love it.

Is this really a rule of his? Or just some hypothetical veiled threat thrown around to help encourage kids to stay home? Like, "If you don't commit now, you might not ever have a chance to return" vs "if you don't commit now, you'll never be allowed to return"?

Is this really a rule of his? Or just some hypothetical veiled threat thrown around to help encourage kids to stay home? Like, "If you don't commit now, you might not ever have a chance to return" vs "if you don't commit now, you'll never be allowed to return"?
Not sure. I bet in-state recruits get the benefit of the doubt out of high school but not out of the portal. Dickerson is a prime example. Now at Utah State I believe. I imagine he would have loved to be playing for this defense.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He has stated it. Whether I’m correct in calling it a “rule” I’d certainly say it’s his stance. And a good one.

We aren’t Plan B.

He has stated it. Whether I’m correct in calling it a “rule” I’d certainly say it’s his stance. And a good one.

We aren’t Plan B.

Yeah, I like it too for like maybe 4 stars and below. A 5 star? I mean, people deserve a second chance in life, right?

• Haha
Reactions: HUSKERBILL
Hopefully that is not a rule. Just get the best players you can get, all the time.

I think it was more along the lines of "we can't guarantee there'll be a spot for you a few years down the road".

Benning was talking about it a while back.

I know. Doesn’t mean he’s welcome.
. Hell they hired Adrian for an internship position in the athletic department. I suspect the coaches understand completely why Hausman left and in one way I can’t blame him given the circumstances. That said, I don’t see him ever returning to NU other than with the Wolverines so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Why would Hausman want to come back?

One, he’s been here, had a great inside look, and then chose to leave. Two, he went to better program and better school that wanted him. Three, he’s getting paid. Four, his current team has an established track record of developing players for the NFL.

One, he’s been here, had a great inside look, and then chose to leave. Two, he went to better program and better school that wanted him. Three, he’s getting paid. Four, his current team has an established track record of developing players for the NFL.
death penalty bruh, death penalty

Reactions: StPeteSkers

All bets are off IF Harbaugh leaves. They would likely have a complete staff upheaval BUT I agree it’s unlikely he would come back. That said, I did plenty of things in my early 20s that I quickly wished I could get a Mulligan on. You never know.

All bets are off IF Harbaugh leaves. They would likely have a complete staff upheaval BUT I agree it’s unlikely he would come back. That said, I did plenty of things in my early 20s that I quickly wished I could get a Mulligan on. You never know.
I feel like the Jim cheating stuff is sort of losing steam??

Please leave your possible iNoming portal scenarios here.

#1. Hausmann back to NU when Harbaugh goes back to the NFL. His motivation: "I want to play for this awesome defense."
Hausmann is not welcome back IMO.

So under Rhule's thinking, Scott Frost could never have come back to be Nebraska's QB. Personally, I'd think the decision should/would be situational depending on the circumstances and the talent involved.

So under Rhule's thinking, Scott Frost could never have come back to be Nebraska's QB. Personally, I'd think the decision should/would be situational depending on the circumstances and the talent involved.
I think the reality is as you’ve stated.

I don’t think Rhule intended his statement to mean that a home state player would never, ever under any circumstance be accepted to portal transfer home after rejecting NU’s offer out of HS. I think he was simply letting kids know that the transfer home scenario was not something they should count on. If they want to play for NU, then they should want to out of HS.

He is willing to take some chances on in-state kids out of HS. They have more dedication to the school, their work ethic and school spirit can be a good model for the entire team, and they won’t leave because they get homesick or culture-shocked. But all of that is undermined when you don’t accept the offer of high school and spend 1-2 years elsewhere.

All potential transfer players should be evaluated the same. How well do your measurables, your game experience on tape, and your remaining eligibility line up with what we think we need? And are there any red flags? Previously rejecting NU is a minor red flag, but it can be overcome if you really have what we want.

No, theu forfeit wins. Losses remain.... its actually kind of odd but that will not be our bowl eligibility.

It is an odd rule, but I think it's that way in pretty much all competitions. I think the logic is that it can be proven that the cheating team shouldn't be rewarded the win, but you can't really prove that the non-cheating team necessarily would have earned the win without the cheating. Perfect example would be our game. Pretty hard to objectively say that we would have won that game if Michigan didn't cheat. We might not have a single player who would have started for them. Highly likely they beat us either way. So, the rationale is that you can't really use it to rewrite history, you can only use it to punish the violator.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT