ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers Lose to BYU 8 - 3 in Game 2

Re: Huskers Down 8 -3 top of 9

Fisher with a strike out to end the threat. On to the 9th with Miller, Lubach and Christensen due up for the Huskers.

Re: Huskers Down 8 -3 Bottom of 9

Alvarado hits into a fielders choice. Christensen out at 3b to end the game.

Re: Huskers Down 8 -3 Bottom of 9

Need to come out and get game 2. Didn't expect to sweep 4 games, but I think we need to take 3.

Quite a disappointing result today. Primarily, Sinclair getting shelled was bad but the bats going silent after opening a three-run lead stunk it up, too.

But win tonight and tomorrow and all is forgiven.

From what I have seen so far live, this team will struggle to score many runs this year unless the pitchin in the B1G is really down. If that is basically true we will have to have awesome defense and pitching to have any chance for post season play. Probably too early to say anything so I should just hold my opinions for now but to be honest I do think our defense should be sufficient but I have to withhold my opinion on the pitching. Our ace got hit hard today and that's a concern to me especially given the weak team we are facing. Some of today's hits were bleaders to be fair but far too many were shots. Hopefully Kubat is on in game two. Frustrating loss to a weak BYU team today my friends.

ADVERTISEMENT