ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Wrestlers vs. #2 PSU

I will watch it after midnight on my BTN+ subscription.... But its not like I have the will power to stay away from instant updates on three websites!

Temporarily derailing the thread.... Those of you who enjoy wrestling, and even those of you that don't, this link is worth your time: https://www.si.com/college/wyoming/...wrestled-on-the-mat-and-with-lifes-challenges

4 time state champ Doyle Trout has a story...... A rollercoaster.... and I know/knew the young man for a brief moment 7 or 8 years ago. I still communicate infrequently on social media with his Dad occasionally. I have a few tears on my cheek after this article. Go Cowboys of Wyoming (in this special case).

Labriela gets cradled and pinned with 7 seconds left. Nice work. :(

GBR. Would have been nice to have a couple major decisions on those last two. It is what it is. GBR

That pin in the last seconds of the Labriola match cost us big time.

Reactions: nu2u
This may be the one area which they don't, and thank you in advance for starting this thread to give them the opportunity to come over here and run on and on about rassling.

Thanks for taking the time to lower yourself to the level of rassler reader..... It does suck that they are the best team in the nation this year.

Why do you think Cael left to go an coach at PSU?

Horse sheet administration and funding..... Also PA probably has the best high school wrestling in the nation as well. It was a great opportunity and was the right move for him, in my opinion of course.

What he has done at PSU over the last decade could not have been done in Ames I don't believe.

Horse sheet administration and funding..... Also PA probably has the best high school wrestling in the nation as well. It was a great opportunity and was the right move for him, in my opinion of course.

What he has done at PSU over the last decade could not have been done in Ames I don't believe.

Think he makes a lot more scratch too?

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
Think he makes a lot more scratch too?

Yes Penn State paid him more money. He also stated back in 2009 on his blog why he left his Alma mater Iow State for Penn State....

The reason I have chosen to take the opportunity to coach PSU is because Pennsylvania is consistently the top high school wrestling state in the country. PA also borders Ohio, NJ, and NY, three of the top ncaa wrestling all-American producing states in the country. Penn State is probably the most popular athletic department in the country. Penn State has more kids apply to school then any other school in the country. The potential is unbelievable. That is why I have decided to make the change at this time. Through a lot of prayer and discussion with my family I feel that I am supposed to go to Penn State.

’Of this year's 10 NCAA individual champions, eight grew up within four hours of Happy Valley.’

Yes Penn State paid him more money. He also stated back in 2009 on his blog why he left his Alma mater Iow State for Penn State....

The reason I have chosen to take the opportunity to coach PSU is because Pennsylvania is consistently the top high school wrestling state in the country. PA also borders Ohio, NJ, and NY, three of the top ncaa wrestling all-American producing states in the country. Penn State is probably the most popular athletic department in the country. Penn State has more kids apply to school then any other school in the country. The potential is unbelievable. That is why I have decided to make the change at this time. Through a lot of prayer and discussion with my family I feel that I am supposed to go to Penn State.

’Of this year's 10 NCAA individual champions, eight grew up within four hours of Happy Valley.’

Thanks!

I always wondered why he left, I didn't really know if it was a huge jump in pay or not.

-- Good to see Nebraska fans show up for this dual. B10 is the home of championship caliber wrestling; the more good programs the better.
--Shultz is having himself a good season so far, keep it up and he has a shot at the podium in MPLS
--133 has a pretty high ceiling IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT