ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Women vs. Maryland...

WC_'sker

Senior
Jun 5, 2010
Ohio State 90 -- Minnesota 88 . (final)

Ohio State will play the winner of Nebraska - Maryland in the finals.

I don't follow women's basketball so I don't know much about Maryland, but they seem to play smothering defense. Huskers struggling to get any decent looks at the basket.

Looked as if NU might be making a run around the middle of the 3rd quarter, but the offense has gone silent again.

Looked as if NU might be making a run around the middle of the 3rd quarter, but the offense has gone silent again.
Maryland looked more athletic than our women did and they had a guard that was just on fire from the field. At one point I think she had 21 which almost equaled NU's total team production. Maryland is really really good.

Maryland looked more athletic than our women did and they had a guard that was just on fire from the field. At one point I think she had 21 which almost equaled NU's total team production. Maryland is really really good.
Yeah Maryland's defense was stifling. I turned it off early in the 4th, and I'm surprised NU made it to 53 points. It was a struggle to find any decent shots.

Yeah Maryland's defense was stifling. I turned it off early in the 4th, and I'm surprised NU made it to 53 points. It was a struggle to find any decent shots.
Sadly if they could have defended that one player, they would have had a shot at a win. I think she even came off the bench for them. She could actually elevate pretty well and shot a really nice jumper. We usually got a hand in her face, but it didn't slow her down.

Sadly if they could have defended that one player, they would have had a shot at a win. I think she even came off the bench for them. She could actually elevate pretty well and shot a really nice jumper. We usually got a hand in her face, but it didn't slow her down.
The ladies had not been trending well offensively the last few games . Still should be in the final 64 in my humble biased opinion to play on ! I wish Romeo had not transferred as she brings more to the game than some. Went to Washington Huskies and did not have to sit out . Washington won exactly one conference game this past year. She could have been part of a resurgence at NU .

Romeo didn't even play this year. The official note is she was out with an undisclosed injury. Someone close to our program told me she was pregnant. WIsh she would have stayed but when you throw the rest of the team under the bus, it's hard to stay.

Next year looks great as most of our scorers are back and 4 (supposedly) good recruits. Would not be surprised to see them in the top three pre-season with Maryland and maybe Iowa with Gustafson back. We should even be top 25 but we'll see.

Pretty sure it would be a safe bet that the women will have a better record than the men.

Romeo didn't even play this year. The official note is she was out with an undisclosed injury. Someone close to our program told me she was pregnant. WIsh she would have stayed but when you throw the rest of the team under the bus, it's hard to stay.

Next year looks great as most of our scorers are back and 4 (supposedly) good recruits. Would not be surprised to see them in the top three pre-season with Maryland and maybe Iowa with Gustafson back. We should even be top 25 but we'll see.
I have read the Washington site closer and you are exactly right - her contributions were not from this year. Thanks for the update.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT