ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Women - ASU

That drought in the last half of the third and first half of fourth hurt. Dang near a full quarter without a field goal is hard to recover from.

Not sure about second half stats, but first half we were getting killed on the boards

Even with review, what should not have been an offensive foul turns into excessive foul. Totally blown call

Final was 73 - 62, ASU. Nebraska has a good group coming back next year.

Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio State won their first-round games. Iowa plays Creighton in the other B10 game.

Last edited:
Even in defeat, at least one of the two Nebraska Basketball Programs is trending upwards. Winking

Can someone explain to me why NU got a T at near the end of the game?
It was a bogus “to aggressive” call on Cincore I believe. An inadvertent elbow to the Iowa girls face when the Nebraska girl was trying to score or go to the free throw line. Three referees discussed for minutes and came away with a lame call. Typical questionable officiating at the women’s level. Many phantom calls for teams at this level. It doesn’t take much contact at all for fouls to be called.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
It was a bogus “to aggressive” call on Cincore I believe. An inadvertent elbow to the Iowa girls face when the Nebraska girl was trying to score or go to the free throw line. Three referees discussed for minutes and came away with a lame call. Typical questionable officiating at the women’s level. Many phantom calls for teams at this level. It doesn’t take much contact at all for fouls to be called.
Totally agree, but they called it the same way in a similar situation in the Creighton/Iowa game. Weird.

The better team won today. Our ladies got slaughtered on the boards and took a bunch of bad shots. That said, I have much more faith in Coach Williams' ability to be trending upwards than Miles. Best season-to-season win improvement in D1 this year. And yes, the "aggressive" call today was BS.

Unfortunately, the original call that started this stupidity was obviously bogus in the replay. Huskers called for a charge. Asu defender truly not set. Figured in the replay the officials would see the error of their ways. But no. Instead they felt obligated to justify their bad call with a worse one.

The better team won today. Our ladies got slaughtered on the boards and took a bunch of bad shots. That said, I have much more faith in Coach Williams' ability to be trending upwards than Miles. Best season-to-season win improvement in D1 this year. And yes, the "aggressive" call today was BS.
Agree. We've got to work hard on rebounding in the off season. Need to be more agressive.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT