ADVERTISEMENT

Husker venues go cashless

Oct 10, 2021
"Beginning this fall with soccer, volleyball and football, all Husker athletic venues will move to cashless concessions, merchandise and ticket sales."

"Beginning this fall with soccer, volleyball and football, all Husker athletic venues will move to cashless concessions, merchandise and ticket sales."

So no more bartering for my goat’s milk? B.S.

Throw in an extra penny or nickel to get back a quarter and their heads explode. They weren’t expecting calculus.
😆. I tried making it easy recently. For example I owed 18. 58 for example. I gave cashier 23.58 expecting to get 5 dollars back. Cashier just stood there for an eternity and finally had to get some one. Oh my

😆. I tried making it easy recently. For example I owed 18. 58 for example. I gave cashier 23.58 expecting to get 5 dollars back. Cashier just stood there for an eternity and finally had to get some one. Oh my
Not just young people. I paid in cash a few weeks ago and the cashier didn't have enough change so I gave her smaller bills. Then I proceeded to watch her brain come to a grinding halt as she tried to figure out the situation. I had to walk her step by step on what to do so I could get going. She was probably 60ish.

A fair trade off would be if you’re going to go cashless, at least supply cups with lids. Felt like I had to be an nfl athlete with a Super Bowl win on the line last fall carrying 4 drinks from concessions up to 2nd deck of the stadium without spilling it all

Welcome to 2024. Every major venue outside of Lincoln this is probably already the case. A little bit comical it has taken this long.
It’s likely more about curbing employee theft and error than anything else. 20+ years ago as well in my business at that time there were multiple studies that showed people spent WAY more money if you took cards versus cash.

Reactions: Dean Pope
The cashiers of yesterday were older and dealt with cash all of the time. The kids these days aren't expecting to have to solve a math equation. But that said, I would think that they could just punch in your total into the cash register and it would tell them the change to give back. Weird...

As for you! Use a credit card! It's faster and you can get cash back. Pay off the card in full every month. (I'm sure my unsolicited advice will be greatly appreciated!)

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
It’s likely more about curbing employee theft and error than anything else. 20+ years ago as well in my business at that time there were multiple studies that showed people spent WAY more money if you took cards versus cash.
Agree, it's also faster as well. Tap and go vs. dealing with cash, especially with some of the old people. Also, these places tend to run out of change and that also causes issue as well.

Reactions: Dean Pope
This is so true. And that's why "lay away" and "buy now, pay later" has made a comeback. The trouble is credit card debt is on the rise. Inflation is a part of it, but I think a lot of it is people not being fiscally disciplined with their money.

This is gonna suck for those of us who liked to use the credit only lines at concessions. I always enjoyed glancing at the boomers in the stanchion zig zag line while I walked up to stand behind one person at the credit only line. Usually didn't miss many plays.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Animated GIF

Few people under 35 know how to make correct change and count it back to you properly

I love it when the kid in the drive through tells me it’s going to be $9.81. I give them a $10 bill, a nickel, and a penny, then I watch their brain break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT